For Those Who Is Need Venting...

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
No, it been almost 7 years. I visited once when I got my gf pregnant. She had a miscarriage and end up in the hospital. I went to see her and her family was there. I met them for the first time that way, after getting their daughter pregnant. They invited me to their house and I went there once, out of respect for her father and mother. I never went back because I felt like I will never be good enough for them. I still feel that way. My wifey makes me feel like I'm never good enough for her everyday to be honest with you. But she blessed me everyday with her love. I"m grateful to be loved by her. She is an amazing woman to be honest with you. I'm such a bad guy. I'm still chasing other woman lol.....

Making me sad. :cry:

She is an amazing woman. I expected my boyfriend to be a part of my parent's life, if he isn't, I will leave him for another guy, seriously. I need a guy that can give my parents' some love too. :D I want my parent to know that I'm with an amazing guy so they don't have to worry about me while I'm away. (y)

I figured with them caring for me all those struggling moments as a little child up until adulthood, I can at least give them that respect to have him around too. :)

But I do understand your situation on wanting to be excluded. ;) But they accepts you, maybe one day you will find the courage to includes yourself to such a wonderful family too. X3

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Ladies, why do you do this????? Why put your life at risk just to beautify yourself? It's not worth it. Almost got hit by a woman who was busy applying makeup while driving. Then a few girls ran the stop sign because their eyes were fixed on their cell phone. :rage: Not trying to pick on women, I know some men do this too, texting/calling while driving. Worst, drunk and driving.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Ladies, why do you do this????? Why put your life at risk just to beautify yourself? It's not worth it. Almost got hit by a woman who was busy applying makeup while driving. Then a few girls ran the stop sign because their eyes were fixed on their cell phone. :rage: Not trying to pick on women, I know some men do this too, texting/calling while driving. Worst, drunk and driving.

Hope it don't bug you so much, I really want to tell you that it'll be okay, but the truth is, you'll be seeing that a lot now. Drunk driving, text driving, makeup driving, etc. will be happening more now since more drivers are put on the road each years as the population is rising along with it. (y)

Good luck Hamster, drive safely. ;)

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I went to starbucks, 24-hours, got me a hot grande carmal-machiotto.

$10 something for two cup of Starbucks tea in Vegas when I can get three cup over here for the same price.
I'm planning to bring my own wine to drink there in my January trip.
Hoping to take more picture this time. :)

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
I think too many places abuse the "world famous" tag. Example, at one Chevron you can buy not only convenience items like cold drinks and snacks, but also their "world famous fried chicken." World Famous? I never even heard of their chicken. And at this small taco shop they advertise their "world famous" carne asada tacos. If the folks in Cambodia haven't heard of it, then it ain't world famous.

I think too many places abuse the "world famous" tag. Example, at one Chevron you can buy not only convenience items like cold drinks and snacks, but also their "world famous fried chicken." World Famous? I never even heard of their chicken. And at this small taco shop they advertise their "world famous" carne asada tacos. If the folks in Cambodia haven't heard of it, then it ain't world famous.
A lot of business put up "going out of business" sign on their stores for like 10 years lol....

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP

Hey, totally agreed on that. Totally played out. :D

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Hamster, if you don't mind me asking, where are you from? Here in California, from what I see, entry level positions are hard to come by. I graduated with a degree in accounting last May of 2013 and is still looking for a job. It is hard competing with people with years of experience who are willing to take the entry level pay. It is even harder if you have little to no experience at all. Internship helps, but your best bet is to network and have connection. I hate accounting and I am not that good at it so from now on I will be searching for business in general. I hear Texas has a lot of entry level positions, but I cannot just get up and move there all by myself.
Hi Phon, I live in southern California. Your observations can't be more accurate. I find that the situation is the same at my end. I have some experience but not much, however I feel that I should be able to land at least an entry level job quickly but nope! It's interesting that most of the entry level jobs can be learned in a day yet employers require so many years of experience. You are absolutely right about connection. It's all about connection, man. I'm telling all of my friends and family and relatives that I am looking for work and to keep and eye/ear out for me.

So did you work in accounting? And did you intern before you graduate? Accounting is boring but Idon't mind it. Maybe we can move to Texas and be roommates? heh

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
NWhat types of experience do you have? When did you finish school?
I finished school a while back in '06. I worked briefly in accounting but got laid off when the company got bought out. Since you don't care for accounting, what types of jobs are you looking for? Are you also in SoCal? Are you willing to relocate? If I hear something I'll post it here.

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Currently I do technical writing. I work with the engineers to produce instructional guides. I like my job but I want to find work closer to home.

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
I was there just a year. I think computer and communication skills are most important. Know how to use spreadsheet and accounting software and be able to communicate those information to your team and superiors.

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
You know what, I just remember that Groupon plans on taking the CPA. I wonder if he can give us some insight on this.

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
My interview is later this week. I'll let you know how it goes. How are things on your end?

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
I was interviewed twice. I connected really well with the first interviewer and I think I passed with him but failed with the second. At the end I was told that they had others they needed to interview and would call when all that is done. But usually when they say that, it means you're not chosen. So I wouldn't be surprised if I don't get hired.

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Hey Phon, as I thought I didn't get hired for the job. My recruiter did call me a week later for a short term job but I declined. No sense in quitting full time work for short term work. But he said he'll call me if something better comes along.