What Is Everybody Up To?

Rock

Level 1
Swordsman
Wanderer
Still studying for CPA.... Just took first exam and fail :mad:
Whats CPA?

Yeah, Rei. I will see how much I can put aside for the laptop after other purchases.

Suggestion would be nice. If I can only afford a laptop or the new ipad air, which one you do guys think I should get?

Personally a laptop can do more, but if you just want something for entertainment purposes, go with a tablet.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Whats CPA?

Personally a laptop can do more, but if you just want something for entertainment purposes, go with a tablet.

If I'm wrong please correct me anyone.

I think CPA stands for Certified Public Accountant.

You are right on the spot about them both Rock, but I'm so greedy I really want both. The reason it's going to be expensive for me to get both is because I always buy the 2 years warranty for my electronic. I plan to buy it from bestbuy because they have excellent warranty coverage. I can't go off without buying the warranty because I like to be safe for the future.

Rock

Level 1
Swordsman
Wanderer
If it was up to me, I would go with a laptop, but thats because its a portable computer. Only drawback is that it can't play the mobile games that you get with a tablet. So it really comes down to, what type of games do you want to use it for.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
If it was up to me, I would go with a laptop, but thats because its a portable computer. Only drawback is that it can't play the mobile games that you get with a tablet. So it really comes down to, what type of games do you want to use it for.

Yeah, I want the mobile app game. Maybe downgrade and not get the air for now. The extra one hundred buck difference can be use for the warranty. I still want a touch screen laptop.

Rock

Level 1
Swordsman
Wanderer
I prefer Windows 7 over Windows 8 and the touch screen. Its easier for me to do my job on windows 7 than it is on windows 8.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I prefer Windows 7 over Windows 8 and the touch screen. Its easier for me to do my job on windows 7 than it is on windows 8.

I don't think we have much says on that since the market is always trying to move forward and nothing stays too long.

Rock

Level 1
Swordsman
Wanderer
Thats very true, but in the business world, no major business is using windows 8 or touch screens for servers, and client machines.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Thats very true, but in the business world, no major business is using windows 8 or touch screens for servers, and client machines.

I don't know about that, I'm sure they will make it work with the world.
The touch screen is great though.

Rock

Level 1
Swordsman
Wanderer
the touch screen is nice in certain ways, but when it comes to businesses where there is a lot of information technology its useless, and a pain for admins who have to use command line interface.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
the touch screen is nice in certain ways, but when it comes to businesses where there is a lot of information technology its useless, and a pain for admins who have to use command line interface.

Yeah, window 8 isn't good for keyboard but they still have that option if the touch screen isn't for them.
It's hard to satisfy everyone, we have to wait longer for something to change.
For now, the consumer is stuck with their mistake.

Rock

Level 1
Swordsman
Wanderer
My main problem with windows 8 is they changed the structure of how things work to acomodate the touch screen.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
My main problem with windows 8 is they changed the structure of how things work to acomodate the touch screen.

Many people complains, they should be coming up with something new to fix the issue by next year. :)

Rock

Level 1
Swordsman
Wanderer
Well working with computers and stuff, I can navigate through a computer without the desktop and mouse. I don't need the GUI which takes a lot of RAM to work. I can do everything with DOS and a keyboard.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Well working with computers and stuff, I can navigate through a computer without the desktop and mouse. I don't need the GUI which takes a lot of RAM to work. I can do everything with DOS and a keyboard.

A computer for me is pretty much for the basic stuff. Homework, shopping, music, movies, games. Not much more. :D

Rock

Level 1
Swordsman
Wanderer
I like to build computers, play games, set up wi-fi, stream media and things like that. Think I'm a nerd ;)

Rock

Level 1
Swordsman
Wanderer
My Dragoon from FFXIV!
ffxiv 2013-10-28 09-26-24-95.jpg

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I like to build computers, play games, set up wi-fi, stream media and things like that. Think I'm a nerd ;)

No it's cool. It's nice to be able to build your own computer. Custom made computer won't be as nice as the one you build for yourself. (y)