Shopping Suggestion/input

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
I just purchase an iPad Air. If I like, I will return it back and re-order with engraving lol.

Rock

Level 1
Swordsman
Wanderer
Let us know if the you like the IPad Air and what about it that you like.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Like Goupon said, it comes down to personal preference. Mac has less virus and malware and better software for video, photo and graphic design than Windows does. Windows is good for gaming, and business use and usually is a little cheaper than a Mac. And if I am not mistaken, Windows has a bigger support community compared to Mac.

As for brands, they are all either Intel or AMD chipsets for windows machines. If I had to pick I would say ASUS, Lenovo or Sony would be the way to go.

I'm a Window/ Intel person. (y)

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Let us know if the you like the IPad Air and what about it that you like.

The Air to me is like a bigger heavier iPhone. :D
The big reason where it stands out against the other tablet is their exclusive apps. A lot of apps still come out for Apple's iOS first or even exclusively. Right now, if you own an iOS device, you can play Plants vs. Zombies 2, Clash of Clans and Worms 3, but Android owners can't. I got the Air mainly for that reason. Anything else, I can do on a laptop.

I enjoyed Hay Day a lot better on the iPad than my small screen iphone 5. <3+<3

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Thanks for the pointers and brands recommendation guys. As much as I prefer a Mac, I likely will go with a Win run machine. I'll be using it mainly for my work. If I get a big bonus, highly doubt it, I will get a Mac for my personal use.

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
Hamster, I like windows too. iPad Air, screen resolution is very good and bright. Very light weighted and as always look is very rich and it's slippery. The screen felt different. It felt like soft nor hard when press the icon or input text. Totally different experience compare to my Android Tablet. Hunnie, did feel the softness of the iPad Air's screen?

Hunnie, I read somewhere that iPad Air has LED flash, how do u enable it? I took picture last night and no flash flashing.

I also ordered iPhone 5s gold but I might cancel because I can't jailbreak (hack) it. With jailbreak, i can tether data. I might kept my HTC One S since it's rooted (hack) and able to tether for free. Tether mean you use your phone as a hotspot to connect to iPad/Tablet anywhere as long your phone is with you.

I don't think i will get a screen protector because it will de-grade plus iPad Air came with extra coasting for water resistance. For the case, i might get it from ebay. I never like Amazon cuz it's hard to tell where the seller is from or how much it cost with shipping until u pay first. If I do see one i like, I will post it here. If u see one please do it :)

Last edited:

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I finally made up my mind and order the EX2F 12.4MP SMART Camera (White) from Samsung.com
So exited, can't wait to get it through the mail. I hate having it ship to my house due to lost packages issue but BestBuy was sold on it and I rather buy it from the website than a third party seller. :) Can't wait to take some great picture for the holidays. <3+<3

http://www.samsung.com/us/photography/digital-cameras/EC-EX2FZZBPWUS

main-visual_en_4.jpg

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I think it's time for me to upgrade on my desktop. I want to get a gaming desktop, saw one on BestBuy. Wondering if you guys think it's good to go with that pick.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/gamer-x...ategoryid$abcat0501000&cp=4&lp=8#tab=overview

CyberPowerPC - Gamer Xtreme Desktop
On sale for $1,162.99

4th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-4770K processor
Features an 8MB L3 cache and 3.5GHz processor speed with Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz.
Intel® Core™ i7 processor
Features 8-way processing for ultimate smart performance. Intel® Turbo Boost Technology automatically speeds up your processor when your PC needs extra performance.
8GB DDR3 SDRAM
For multitasking power, expandable to 32GB.
Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive with double-layer support
Records up to 8.5GB of data or 4 hours of video using compatible DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL media.
2TB Serial ATA III hard drive (7200 rpm)
Offers spacious storage and fast read/write times.
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 graphics
Feature 2GB dedicated video memory for lush, detailed images. HDMI output enables flexible connectivity.
3 USB 3.0 and 6 USB 2.0 ports
For fast digital video, audio and data transfer.
Built-in 10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN
For quick and easy wired Web connection.
Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit operating system preinstalled
Provides a stable platform for word processing, Web navigation, gaming, media storage and more.

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
I think it's time for me to upgrade on my desktop. I want to get a gaming desktop, saw one on BestBuy. Wondering if you guys think it's good to go with that pick.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/gamer-x...ategoryid$abcat0501000&cp=4&lp=8#tab=overview

CyberPowerPC - Gamer Xtreme Desktop
On sale for $1,162.99

4th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-4770K processor
Features an 8MB L3 cache and 3.5GHz processor speed with Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz.
Intel® Core™ i7 processor
Features 8-way processing for ultimate smart performance. Intel® Turbo Boost Technology automatically speeds up your processor when your PC needs extra performance.
8GB DDR3 SDRAM
For multitasking power, expandable to 32GB.
Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive with double-layer support
Records up to 8.5GB of data or 4 hours of video using compatible DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL media.
2TB Serial ATA III hard drive (7200 rpm)
Offers spacious storage and fast read/write times.
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 graphics
Feature 2GB dedicated video memory for lush, detailed images. HDMI output enables flexible connectivity.
3 USB 3.0 and 6 USB 2.0 ports
For fast digital video, audio and data transfer.
Built-in 10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN
For quick and easy wired Web connection.
Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit operating system preinstalled
Provides a stable platform for word processing, Web navigation, gaming, media storage and more.

I got a free desktop for my dad by signing up for verizon. I never like all those junk pre-installedl and plus the system backup files. So I always reformat and do a clean installation. No junk and system restore backup disabled. Making his pc more faster and more storage. I create an Admin and user account. Only Admin can do the installation or removal. This is to prevent unknown installation and could affect pc to have adware/spyware. If the user infected, it will not infect the Admin acct. Admin can remove infected acct and create a new one. PC will be as good as before :)

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
iPad Air is nice and light weighted. I just don't like photo quality compare to my android phone. When view picture and did a zoom, i can see pixel. Android is clear of pixel. I guess for now that's the disadvantage.
Wifi range is very good. I can still connect to my home wifi a block from my house. no skip. Yep, screen felt like liquid when pressing, kewl.

Might get this for keyborad: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ultrath...7103&st=Ultrathin Keyboard ipad air&cp=1&lp=1

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
iPad Air is nice and light weighted. I just don't like photo quality compare to my android phone. When view picture and did a zoom, i can see pixel. Android is clear of pixel. I guess for now that's the disadvantage.
Wifi range is very good. I can still connect to my home wifi a block from my house. no skip. Yep, screen felt like liquid when pressing, kewl.

Might get this for keyborad: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ultrathin-keyboard-cover-for-apple-174-ipad-174-air/1817103.p?id=1219065225436&skuId=1817103&st=Ultrathin Keyboard ipad air&cp=1&lp=1

I'm not a fan of the camera either. Probably won't be using it at all. The keyboard seems good, you should wait a little to see if it goes on sale first.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I'm probably getting that desktop but will do the clean installation that you posted in the forum. :D

Like Goupon said, it comes down to personal preference. Mac has less virus and malware and better software for video, photo and graphic design than Windows does. Windows is good for gaming, and business use and usually is a little cheaper than a Mac. And if I am not mistaken, Windows has a bigger support community compared to Mac.

As for brands, they are all either Intel or AMD chipsets for windows machines. If I had to pick I would say ASUS, Lenovo or Sony would be the way to go.
better to buy parts and put it together yourself .....way cheaper and way better performance and quality...

But Hamster is looking for a laptop. How he going to put together a laptop? ;)
I'm sure it can be done. Do your research. If people can build balloons that go up into space, I'm sure Hamster can put together a laptop by himself. Just last year, I bought 3 grands worth of computer parts and assembled it by myself using one hand (the other hand was broken). It can be done with the right motivation and skill.

Some people prefer buying a finished product though. I understand. I wouldn't want to buy a bunch of car parts and put them together by myself.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I'm sure it can be done. Do your research. If people can build balloons that go up into space, I'm sure Hamster can put together a laptop by himself. Just last year, I bought 3 grands worth of computer parts and assembled it by myself using one hand (the other hand was broken). It can be done with the right motivation and skill.

For a laptop right now, it's better to just buy one because of the time and laptop from what I know is more technical. It's not simple like a desktop. You'll going to have to guide him through the whole step. :D