Shopping Suggestion/input

Rock

Level 1
Swordsman
Wanderer
thankx for sharing with us ,Rock... she is an angle to me<3+<3

I thought the image was taken from Flickr or something. It looks professional, and a beautiful daughter you got there.

Thanks guys!

That photo was taken with the lens that came with the camera. Eventually we will get a telephoto lens, which is another $200-$300. With the telephoto lens, You can take pictures even further away with the same if not better detail and quality.

Rock

Level 1
Swordsman
Wanderer
This picture is taken by an iphone 5, if you guys have the iphone 5s personal picture sample and would love to share it to everyone else so we can see the difference of it's picture quality. My sister is planning to get the Samsung Galaxy 4 phone so I won't have the chance to compare the iphone's camera quality as of now. I had to resize the picture smaller.

View attachment 368

Whats the megapixel on the IPhone 5?

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Whats the megapixel on the IPhone 5?

I think it's 8 megapixel on the iphone 5.

The Samsung galaxy 4 has 13 megapixel on it.

It should be obvious which camera is better but when I sees sample picture online the image quality is not different from one another. Or maybe I'm just not an expert at those photo stuff.

When I was using the Samsung 3 versus the iphone 4s, the picture was the same in my eyes too.
I think for some people, their face looks the same whether it's a higher megapixel or lower.
Most camera now are all pretty good as long as the lighting is great.

Rock

Level 1
Swordsman
Wanderer
Now days a lot of the advertisement photos that are shown for cameras are usually edited with some kind of photo editing software. So they are usually enhanced or modified to make the picture look better.

But now days they have greatly improved the quality of cameras. The megapixel each camera has now is pretty high. Each camera has their own perks and flaws, just have to find one that works for you.

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
I want to buy stone for my wife as a surprise but not sure what kind. Maybe you all can give feedback. Anyway, most Khmer people think that buying a stone should not have any mark on it-->consider bad luck. I know there's no VVS2 is clean of mark, only IF-clarity is clean of any mark. Do khmer ppl always get IF-clarity? and what color they usually or majority would buy? I see a lot of Khmer ppl always show off with big rock and state it;s the top of the line. Damn, a 1ct color D, IF-clarity, Ideal cut and no fluorescence is like $30k excluding setting. Shit i got no money hehhehe. My friend's wife always show off but i do wanna see the GIA of her..

But anyway, what's the average ppl consider a good rock? Color, Clarity? I did a few research, besides color and clarity buyer should get rock either faint or none on fluorescence. This is cloudy part of rock when light is on.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
If you're talking about a diamond ring? :D My sister did a long research on it because she was awaiting her long term bf to buy her one, but they're broken up now. 7 1/2 years and the relationship wasn't getting anywhere so she left. :)

But she said that platinum ring is the best because it doesn't fade in colors like white or yellow gold does. The color gold you have to always have it cleaned to keep it's shininess. Where platinum stays looking new for a very long time if not forever.

With all the hidden fees and so forth, my sister suggest Costco for a great and quality built deal for a diamond ring.

http://www.costco.com/engagement.ht...engagement&categoryId=30440&sortBy=PriceMin|0

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
If you want to get away from virus/malware/adware etc, Mac is the best way to go. I had both mac and windows, windows always infected. But if still want windows, personally, i think no brand is better than another. It depend on what you plan to use with the laptop. If just normal use (email, surf the next, words, and no heavy video editing) then an i5 with 4 Ram is good enough. i7 is more toward gaming and editing, I'm not sure about AMD processor since i have never did a research on it.

I always get intel cuz i always hack my pc/laptop to be compatible w/Mac OS :)

@Hunnie: I was thinking of bluenile.com since i can build my own ring.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
What brand do you recommend for laptop? HP, Toshiba, Sony...etc.?

Sony and Toshiba are both the same as far as quality and usage. I have try both, none is really better than the other.
Sony will cost more than Toshiba with the same specs because of the brand.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
goupon is right about the i5 and i7 usage but the holiday is coming up, the sales for the i7 shouldn't be much higher. I would get the i7 just to have the better specs for everything, you never know, it can come in handy.

Having an i7 will take longer for any upgrades needed.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
What brand do you recommend for laptop? HP, Toshiba, Sony...etc.?

I forgot to mention, that Lenovo is a great brand for laptop too. I never own one myself because it's more of a guy looks, but I heard great things about it from other people. They buy IBM personal pc parts so their quality is same with IBM. Their pricing is great for their quality build laptop. They constantly get great performance and quality reviews.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Thanks Hunnie and Groupon. I will look into those brands.

Hope you find something rewarding. I'm on the hunt for a touch screen laptop if I don't spend too money on other things. Not sure because it's harder now for me to find a girly laptop styles. All the one at bestbuy now is more guyish look and that is where I do all my electronic shopping.

Please keep me up to date on your decision so we can compare notes.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
The iPad Air was release at BestBuy on November 1, 2013. I been planning to get the iPad just to basically have one. No special reason why I needed one. :D So I drove to BestBuy and pick up the new iPad Air, why not just get the newest one. I got it in the white color. X3

If there is something great about the iPad that you guys/girls feel or like to discuss, please do. I like to compare notes on it. :)

So far I can go on the Khmer Forum and read/reply to posts on my bed, since I haven't bought a laptop yet.
My family like to go on my desktop and I'm a very sharing person. I can go on my apple app games and play it on a bigger screen instead of on my iPhone. Charging for this device isn't bad at all. Charges from the wall pretty quick.

The Air isn't really that light as I expected it to be. Loading sites is slower than my iPhone 5. Apple tablet doesn't support flash due battery issue. I can't play the arcade game from the contest on this iPad.

There's not much use for me with a tablet since I'm still planning to get a laptop. I don't need a laptop either since I hate carrying around for school too, just put more weight on myself. My boyfriend tell me I don't need a Laptop as of now. Geez I'm a waste of money. Maybe I should hold off on the laptop and get a better desktop instead. Blah, I need to think about it some more. :)

Rock

Level 1
Swordsman
Wanderer
I want to buy stone for my wife as a surprise but not sure what kind. Maybe you all can give feedback. Anyway, most Khmer people think that buying a stone should not have any mark on it-->consider bad luck. I know there's no VVS2 is clean of mark, only IF-clarity is clean of any mark. Do khmer ppl always get IF-clarity? and what color they usually or majority would buy? I see a lot of Khmer ppl always show off with big rock and state it;s the top of the line. Damn, a 1ct color D, IF-clarity, Ideal cut and no fluorescence is like $30k excluding setting. Shit i got no money hehhehe. My friend's wife always show off but i do wanna see the GIA of her..

But anyway, what's the average ppl consider a good rock? Color, Clarity? I did a few research, besides color and clarity buyer should get rock either faint or none on fluorescence. This is cloudy part of rock when light is on.
To be honest, I don't know much about rocks :confused: but, from my experience, it mainly depends on the person your buying it for. My wife for example likes sapphires over diamonds. If she had a choice over getting a diamond and a sapphire, she would go with a sapphire any day, as long as its pretty!

Rock

Level 1
Swordsman
Wanderer
If you want to get away from virus/malware/adware etc, Mac is the best way to go. I had both mac and windows, windows always infected. But if still want windows, personally, i think no brand is better than another. It depend on what you plan to use with the laptop. If just normal use (email, surf the next, words, and no heavy video editing) then an i5 with 4 Ram is good enough. i7 is more toward gaming and editing, I'm not sure about AMD processor since i have never did a research on it.

I always get intel cuz i always hack my pc/laptop to be compatible w/Mac OS :)

Like Goupon said, it comes down to personal preference. Mac has less virus and malware and better software for video, photo and graphic design than Windows does. Windows is good for gaming, and business use and usually is a little cheaper than a Mac. And if I am not mistaken, Windows has a bigger support community compared to Mac.

As for brands, they are all either Intel or AMD chipsets for windows machines. If I had to pick I would say ASUS, Lenovo or Sony would be the way to go.