Shopping Suggestion/input

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
We all shop whether it's online or in the store. The holiday is coming up and we are always shopping for something throughout the year.

We can post items we plan to buy, already bought and want to share or post question asking for suggestion on a future purchase. If you have personal experience on the item, it's nice to post your input on the purchase if anybody else should buy it or not.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I'm planning on buying a Samsung Digital Camera for personal use. Want to hear everyone's suggestion if it's a great buy or not, or I should wait for a better deal or get something else. Maybe someone has experience with the camera, I would appreciate your input on it.
Samsung - WB800F 16.3-Megapixel Digital Camera - White
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung...hite/8326079.p?id=1218872209108&skuId=8326079
On Sale for 222.99 retail price 299.99

8326079_x_ra.jpg

Rock

Level 1
Swordsman
Wanderer
To be honest, I don't know and care much for cameras o_O. I have a Nikon D3000 SLR camera. My wife uses it a lot. Think we bought it for about $500 4-5 years ago.

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
I wish I can give you some inputs but I'm not a camera expert. My current camera is currently 5 years old and I feel quite outdated about it. Nikon and Canon are the most popular brands I heard for cameras though and seems like all the professional photographers have them.

Rock

Level 1
Swordsman
Wanderer
Yea usually the professional cameras are SLR. You can buy different attachments based on the lens you need. They can get quite expensive.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Yea usually the professional cameras are SLR. You can buy different attachments based on the lens you need. They can get quite expensive.

I was planning to use the camera for personal use, not for professional use because those SLR camera are heavy to carry around. It can be a real pain to carry the heavy camera during the whole trip out.

I find this Samsung camera has the far zoom out and it's not heavy.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I wish I can give you some inputs but I'm not a camera expert. My current camera is currently 5 years old and I feel quite outdated about it. Nikon and Canon are the most popular brands I heard for cameras though and seems like all the professional photographers have them.

I heard that Samsung has the beauty mode for taking picture which is a plus because I mainly wants to take picture of people more than scenery. I have been neglecting myself and didn't take any picture throughout the years. I notice I'm getting old and really wants to take lots of picture of myself for memories. I only have two very old picture of me and my boyfriend. My main focus on a new camera is to take nice picture of faces. :)

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
To be honest, I don't know and care much for cameras o_O. I have a Nikon D3000 SLR camera. My wife uses it a lot. Think we bought it for about $500 4-5 years ago.

It would be nice if you can post some picture that you guys have taken from the Nikon D3000. Please do share. :)

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Is it taken your actual camera or the internet. Because internet pictures tends to be more professionally done with addend lens and adjustment.

Rock

Level 1
Swordsman
Wanderer
That's my daughter. That's a picture taken by my wife with our Nikon D3000 camera. The actual size of that photo is 3.8mb.

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
thankx for sharing with us ,Rock... she is an angle to me<3+<3

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
The Nikon camera is a great quality camera, that's no question ask. The Cannon is wonderful too for color. I just prefer in getting the Samsung because I really want to try the Samsung brand for camera. So many Asian girls over here are sporting them. I will upload picture with the camera once I get it and we can compare more notes. The Nikon might not be for me since I'm not flawless like your daughter, there are flaws I would like the camera to hide for my face. :)

I don't mind getting a second camera for other use. :D

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
That's my daughter. That's a picture taken by my wife with our Nikon D3000 camera. The actual size of that photo is 3.8mb.

I thought the image was taken from Flickr or something. It looks professional, and a beautiful daughter you got there.

@Hunnie, looking forward to your sample pictures!

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
This picture is taken by an iphone 5, if you guys have the iphone 5s personal picture sample and would love to share it to everyone else so we can see the difference of it's picture quality. My sister is planning to get the Samsung Galaxy 4 phone so I won't have the chance to compare the iphone's camera quality as of now. I had to resize the picture smaller.

IMG_0008.jpg

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Nothing fancy, just one that takes clear/sharp pictures. I'm eyeballing the Canon PowerShot ELPH 300. It's affordable so I might go with that.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Nothing fancy, just one that takes clear/sharp pictures. I'm eyeballing the Canon PowerShot ELPH 300. It's affordable so I might go with that.

Hope to see your outcome soon. I'm really having a very hard time picking the brands, it's so not easy. I'm seeing a lot of mixed reviews on all of them, it's really hard to compare from the brand and models, there's so many.

I'm changing my mind back and forth. I know I will always regret the other one when I choose one. :nailbiting:
The disadvantage on the camera I wanted is bugging me. Looking for the top best between those brands is a pain.

They all have their great qualities. :banghead: