Introduce Yourself

pocketkiriyama

Commoner
Your parents sound awesome.

They were very strict until I was 18 but thinking back now they were pretty cool. Even though I do get the occasional ass whooping from my dad, he still gave me what little savings he had and get me things that I wanted. Now I'm buying him things he wants.

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
hello, my khmer peeps and non-khmer friends. please allow me to introduce myself....as if i'm in a job interview. my name is...well, you have to find out, so you can call me, "believe," at the mo. i have a little over a few years experience participating in forums online; however, i had no problem assimilating to the forums' cultures. with that said, not only my flexibility made my forum experience wonderful, but my ability to engage others to participate in healthy debates were one of my repertoire i can bring to to the table. i am friendly, easygoing, approachable, sympathetic, and somewhat empathetic (if you're cool with me), and i hope yall find me part of your "forum family." my experiences are as follows:

asiafinest - (aside from asianavenue, myspace, fb) this is the first online forum i've signed up with, 2009 or 2010 i think. i stumbled upon this forum cuz i damn bored online and i wanted to get in touch with my khmer roots and this was the first that popped up on google. asiafinest an online community catered to asians. at first, i thought it was cool how it was laid out cuz the site had sections for cambodians, chinese, thai, lao, japanese, and etc. but it didn't take long for me to see how segregated it was. i felt that this layout, which separated asian countries, allowed those who were nationalists to become big-headed and subsequently ruin the forum as a whole. for real, it was retarded. i live in the states, and i hear a lot of blacks saying, "black on black crime" and i shake my head. on asiafinest, it seemed like there were "asian on asian crime." i read lots of derogatory comments towards one another. many were towards khmers, and i didn't appreciate it cuz obviously it hit home more. the khmer section did not have a moderator, so it was heavily abused. many other asians, especially thai or lao members went in to the cambodian section to condescend khmers or anything related to khmers. fucked up, huh? i realized that after my short stint there, it's an unhealthy environment for me and i had to leave.

if you are an asiafinest loyal, and is upset with what i wrote, then i'll say to you, "i don't give a fuck!"

khmerlife - my short maybe 1-year stint with asiafinest brought me to khmerlife, where i made it my e-home. when i got there, the og's on kl kept saying that kl was no better than how it was when it thrived in the early 2000's, but i differed in my opinion cuz i didn't know how it was and basically i didn't care. kl, at the time, was where i felt most comfortable. this site kept me sane from the troubles that continued to haunt me in the real world. i made some pretty interesting friends, learned some juicy background stories from the members i met, joined in many healthy debates, and most importantly, i truly think i impacted the sports section on kl and am proud of it, too!

some members on kl thought that the site was a playground for the immature. i say, whateva. maybe they didn't dive in a little further on social human interaction, so i don't care. people become who they are when they their shields are down. for instance, it's like your relationship with you and your girl. before you met her, she may have been holding herself back, acting all mature or professional, but after she got with you, she changed. because she got comfortable with you, she showed her true self and her true self included qualities of a little girl. she started to talk like a little girl, cried for help like a little girl, and basically wanted to be babied. ok, i know i made a generalization based on a small sample about girls/women i've encountered, but yall get my point, which is that people become their true selves after some time. you can't deny it, no matter how old you are, you are a kid in many ways. it showd while i was on kl.

as you can see, i haven't had many forum experiences. although my resume isn't lengthy, but i can assure you that i have the skillset and the evilness to spark conversations, both in mature and immature fashion, on this forum.

anyone know what happened to kl?

Hey Believe, welcome aboard! A bit late but, but never too late too greet. =] I was never a member of AsiaFinest, but was a guest reader and I've seen some harsh and hatred comments there so I never bother joining. I've been a 3 months member at Asian Fanatics, and a year member at SPCNET. I was on Khmer Life for a couple of years until I noticed their forum resetting habit. I'm not sure what they're up to now, maybe rebuilding their site?

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
PK, welcome aboard as well mate! When you visit Cambodia, make sure to take lots of pictures and share it-- I can't get enough of it. I'm still waiting for the right time to visit our country. :)

believe

Commoner
Wanderer
Sup y'all, forgive me for my long ass post. I must have been intoxicated when I wrote that. I tend to ramble on when I'm buzzed.

Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome. You guys and gals seem like the mature crowd. Maybe we all can engage in some kind of civilized conversations, unlike the "Lord of the Flies" fights that happened (or is happening) in AsiaFinest, and you know what I'm talking about, Hamster.

Yo, the Hermit, nice introduction btw. It was obvious to me you're basically in my age cohort and I'm interested in how you were raised cuz we have many differences. In a scientific experiment, we could be 2 random samples of Cambodians in America. Were you born in the States?

theary, thanks for the welcoming post. Since you are open for me to ask questions, then I'll toss one for you. What kind of person is Hamster.....and Hunnie? Who's cool? Who's not? Who should I avoid? HAHA :D

pocketkiriyama

Commoner
Sup y'all, forgive me for my long ass post. I must have been intoxicated when I wrote that. I tend to ramble on when I'm buzzed.

Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome. You guys and gals seem like the mature crowd. Maybe we all can engage in some kind of civilized conversations, unlike the "Lord of the Flies" fights that happened (or is happening) in AsiaFinest, and you know what I'm talking about, Hamster.

Yo, the Hermit, nice introduction btw. It was obvious to me you're basically in my age cohort and I'm interested in how you were raised cuz we have many differences. In a scientific experiment, we could be 2 random samples of Cambodians in America. Were you born in the States?

theary, thanks for the welcoming post. Since you are open for me to ask questions, then I'll toss one for you. What kind of person is Hamster.....and Hunnie? Who's cool? Who's not? Who should I avoid? HAHA :D

I was actually born in Thailand. I use to be in Khmerlife myself and it started getting out of hand with random bullying and the immaturity of some of the few that was trolling other members non stop. I stopped after 3 years but I've met with some cool people there and still have them on my facebook. I actually intend to visit everyone of them when I'm in the area. Any questions you have just ask away Believe.

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
pocketkiriyama, you need to avoid @Rei.He's will ban in a minute :) j/k.

All,
Welcome to KhmerForums aka KhmerAve. I remember Khmerlife but hardly in. Anyone remember Camweb? The old good/bad times :)

Hello everybody. My name is Soly (known LizaWangKhmerFan). I live in Phnom Penh. I speak Khmer, French and English.

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
Hello everybody. My name is Soly (known LizaWangKhmerFan). I live in Phnom Penh. I speak Khmer, French and English.
Welcome to the Forum, Soly dear <3+<3

Please stop by more often…:)

hello my name is Rachana and my nickname is Nana
I was born Phnom Penh but I was raise in California
I'm Khmer part Chinese
I'm an only Child
I speak Khmer and English, also little Japanese and a few words in Chinese, and I also I don't know how to read or write in Khmer
I'm just a random ,shy, sensitive, weird and simple girl
I love watching Drama
My motto is treat other the you want to be treated

Last edited:

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I'm Khmer part Chinese
I'm an only Child
I speak Khmer and English, also little Japanese and a few words in Chinese, and I also I don't know how to read or write in Khmer
I love watching Drama

Nice to meet you Rachana. It's exciting to have you being a part of our Khmer community. Thanks for the nice introduction. Hope to see you often. :)

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
I'm Khmer part Chinese
I'm an only Child
I love watching Drama
welcome to the Forum,Rachana dear. not sure if you prefer to call Rachana or Nana since both names sound sweet to me.<3+<3
It seem like , we have many of thing in common though because I am the only Child and also I'm shy, sensitive and simple girl too. please drop by more often, when you are free

believe

Commoner
Wanderer
I was actually born in Thailand. I use to be in Khmerlife myself and it started getting out of hand with random bullying and the immaturity of some of the few that was trolling other members non stop. I stopped after 3 years but I've met with some cool people there and still have them on my facebook. I actually intend to visit everyone of them when I'm in the area. Any questions you have just ask away Believe.

What was your KL sn?

Did you contribute, positively or negatively, to the BS that happened there?

Are you in our fantasy football league?

How many times do you wash your rice before cooking it?

welcome to the Forum,Rachana dear. not sure if you prefer to call Rachana or Nana since both names sound sweet to me.<3+<3
It seem like , we have many of thing in common though because I am the only Child and also I'm shy, sensitive and simple girl too. please drop by more often, when you are free

I will and nice to meet you :):):) :) btw the you can call me either one (y)(y)(y)(y);):)