Chess Theory

No, I just play on FICS.
In my opinion, the top 2 sites are chess.com and chesscube.com, I been to FICS awhile ago, I didn't like it.
Chess.com has a very good chess trainer but you have to pay for it.
Chesscube.com has a few millions in funding so the site has a lot of nice features, but no chess trainer.
There's a free account and a premium account. Or you can "pay as you play." Its not expensive at all, I can play for 3 months for 5 bucks. You'll see what I mean if you check it out.

Last edited:

Vannak

Commoner
I might check those out. I didn't like FICS at first but it's free so who can argue that. The only downfall is that there are very few players at the higher ratings that you can play against.

The interface is pretty solid though for what you need to do.

I might check those out. I didn't like FICS at first but it's free so who can argue that. The only downfall is that there are very few players at the higher ratings that you can play against.

The interface is pretty solid though for what you need to do.
I highly recommend chesscube.com if you want to play player at the 2000 levels.

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Thanks for the video! It's interesting to see the rationale behind each move. I'd have liked to see the last few remaining moves. Good game though!

Vannak

Commoner
I didn't like it too much, I'm more of the old school chessclub.com but it's not worth the money anymore.

I didn't like it too much, I'm more of the old school chessclub.com but it's not worth the money anymore.

Are you from Canada? How old are you, if you dont mind me asking. I'm 32. I been playing chess for too long that most of the time, I'm bored with it. I think this is due to playing to much online chess, it become no longer fun. I met Khmer chess masters (2000 level) from Cambodia on chesscube, btw, two of them, by chance encounters. Heck, I met two more by chance but they didn't talk much.

My best online rating was 1775 but that's rare for me. On my worst days, I play 1200 lolz. I beat against a few 2000 players, but not often, I would especially have to had a great day. But I barely play chess online no more, it bores me to death now, I enjoyed it during college though, when I was first learning to play. Now, I get extremely bored just logging on and I'll drone out right before a match.

I'm up for a chess game @ 830am, we should play. Yesterday's game was intense (y).

I can't imagine anybody not taking a liking to chesscube though, hmm.... What part did you not like?

Last edited: