April Data Entry Contest - $100

Ash

Admin
Admin
I was just wondering how we know which Actors or Actress already been posted or we need to search it

All questions brought up are great and expected. I will make a list tonight that will auto update every actors added, & will be organized under different sections (i.e. Chinese, Thai, ...). I expect this list to grow big so there will be a friendly actor search page built soon.

I was wondering the same question bong. Looks like many of the navigation tab isn't working yet.

The navigation tabs are currently fillers for site appearance right. They will be functional sometime this week.

What if we add duplicate actors/actress? Will it double, or will the site stop you? :)

The site will not stop you and it will definitely double. Though, you can tell if someone has attempted to add the exact same actor (with exact same spellings) by looking at the page name or page URL.

For example, the page name or page URL for Wallace Huo is:
http://www.dramatrailers.com/actors/wallace-huo/

and,

if someone else attempt to add "wallace huo" again, it will look like:
http://www.dramatrailers.com/actors/wallace-huo-2/

wallace-huo & wallace-huo-2 are both page names and I will make sure to make it publicly visible on the actor's page.

Last edited:

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
I posted Korean actor
Park Yoo Chun recently

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
All questions brought up are great and expected. I will make a list tonight that will auto update every actors added, & will be organized under different sections (i.e. Chinese, Thai, ...). I expect this list to grow big so there will be a friendly actor search page built soon.

The navigation tabs are currently fillers for site appearance right. They will be functional sometime this week.

The site will not stop you and it will definitely double. Though, you can tell if someone has attempted to add the exact same actor (with exact same spellings) by looking at the page name or page URL.

For example, the page name or page URL for Wallace Huo is:
http://www.dramatrailers.com/actors/wallace-huo/

and,

if someone else attempt to add "wallace huo" again, it will look like:
http://www.dramatrailers.com/actors/wallace-huo-2/
[/quote]
thanks for clearfication, Bong

Ash

Admin
Admin
Some of us can input by their Chinese names in pinyin, and some by their English name.

For example.

Andy Lau
Lau Tak-wah

or Andy Lau Tak-wah

Unfortunately something we have to deal with, which could be proven more difficult on less popular actors.

Do retired actor/actress counts, or needs to be active stars?
All Asians? Does Thai actor/actress counts?

Any Americans?

Retired actors will be counted. All Asian actors will be counted. American actors will not be counted, and currently not in our priority list.

thanks for clearfication, Bong

You welcome Theary.

Ash

Admin
Admin
Contributor pages will be added soon, to count data posts. The site is being built as we go along, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Ash

Admin
Admin
Also, for everyone copying data (biography) from wiki or other websites, please paste it to note pad first to remove wiki HTML codes. Then, you can copy from notepad to the site. Thank you!

Note: We will have editors in the future to rewrite our own biography section.

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
Portrait size only on profile page? Like this:

wallace.jpg

Any sizes on gallery -- including landscape size like this is fine?

wallace01.jpg

Wallace will def be top hit! :D

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP

Ash

Admin
Admin
Portrait size only on profile page? Like this:

View attachment 1843

Any sizes on gallery -- including landscape size like this is fine?

View attachment 1844

Wallace will def be top hit! :D

Correct, only portrait (tall) size on actor's profile image, otherwise it will get stretched on the front page. All sizes will work on the image gallery.

Bong

If you have time, will you please check mine http://www.dramatrailers.com/actors/jet-li/?preview=true&preview_id=4154&preview_nonce=6a07b77938 hope fully I did it correctly

That is perfect Theary! The profile image size is correct too.

Update: List will be added on Tuesday instead.

Last edited:

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
I am sorry can someone tell me where to add that data if I want to sign up for the game. I am totally lost.

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
Thanks, theary. Now I got the link. So what is next. I am so sorry I am lost. I did see you guys name in there with points. So how or what I need to do? Do I need to sign up for an account or how do I do. It is a little confusing to me. Thanks

Yeah you have to sign up and wait for the admin to activate your account. =] I got 20 Points under Sleepy -- way behind everyone lol.

Last edited:

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
Yeah you have to sign up and wait for the admin to activate your account. =] I got 20 Points under Sleepy -- way behind everyone lol.
I was wondering who is Min? Is Min part of the competition too ?

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
I was wondering who is Min? Is Min part of the competition too ?
No idea, will probably have to check with ash. I hope not lol.

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
So yeah, was browsing through some of the contents and realized that if we click on ethnicity, it will take us to all the actors. Not sure if ash will be using the same list but maybe it'll help out for now in looking out for duplicates?

Chinese
Actors
Actresses

Taiwanese
Actors
Actreses

Hongkong
Actors
Actreses

Korean
Actors
Actreses