What Is Your Favorite Khmer Food?

BsMh

Beggar
With youtube you can pretty much look up anything. My eldest soon likes to record minecraft when he plays and uploads it to youtube.

REally thats nice of him to show his inspiration on the internet. i love to play games. practically all day somtimes but never post on youtube tho :cool:

BsMh

Beggar
My mom would make that for me to eat. She make the baw baw with whatever meat she desired, and you just add the banh kanh in it. Since it's homemade, the meat is to your preference, what you feel like eating that day. Simaliar to making soup katiew but you have to prep and cook the rice for it. Here's a nice video to get you familiar with making baw baw if you haven't already know how. :)

Oh i remember when my ma would make baw baw but i dident know what pig blood cake was and i dident like that much my younger son doesn't like it either :). i just love the times when my ma would make it the smell is so good.(y)

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
I don't like pig blood either. Had baw baw moan yesterday. I think I can eat it everyday.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Yahawn. Just in case I spelled it wrong. [Hot Pot] [:

Hot pot is fun to eat, I like it spicy.

m.jpg

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
iStock_000011122308Small.jpg
khmer-foods.jpg

with fish sauce with lime/hot peper
3571681239_cc1f8a46ed_z.jpg

Last edited:

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
1803091530_6d034d9c57.jpg

with plain rice
th.jpeg

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
I love Khmer food, they're so fulfilling. To save time, I usually go to the Khmer market and pick up several food when I'm craving something. They have grill fish all done ready to go. :D
awch.. so convenience , Hunnie dear

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
holidayfoods.jpg

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
th (7).jpeg

believe

Commoner
Wanderer
did anyone mention fried fish with stranded sliced mango drowned in tuk trey and hot chili. i'm salivating here. this is khmer food right? if not, then i guess i'll settle for kuteav(y)

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
did anyone mention fried fish with stranded sliced mango drowned in tuk trey and hot chili. i'm salivating here. this is khmer food right? if not, then i guess i'll settle for kuteav(y)
Yes, fried fish with stranded sliced mango drowned in tuk trey and hot chili is Khmer food :) it is one of my favorite too:D

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
i love prahok
Classic-Khmer-dish-prahok.jpg

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP