What Is Your Favorite Khmer Food?

Rock

Level 1
Swordsman
Wanderer
I take it your wife is not Khmer. It's good in a way if you're the only one who eats it. You have it all to yourself.

Yea my wife is Irish. She is pretty good at trying out the different khmer foods. She enjoys most of them, just the ones out of the ordinary she is a little scared to try.

Rock

Level 1
Swordsman
Wanderer
Im very impress by ur statement! i can tell ur a great father nd hushband. Not all father to b wud do the things ur doing. my hubby was doing the same thing for me when i was pregnant with my daughter. he wud make the 3am run for my food nd wud give me massage every day. my fav part is when he wud rub my belly nd talk to the baby nd read her stories everynight nd keeping a journal of their conversation lolz.Nd i can reassure u this, as a mother and a wife, this was one of the most happiest moment i shared with my hubby. makes my feelings stronger. loving him more. knowing hes gunna b the best father to my daughter in this whole wide world. knowing a guy wud do n e thing beyond to make me comfortable nd fullfill my needs during my pregnancy. to see tears comming out from him when baby was out was like the most precious thing in my life!

Sounds like you have yourself a good husband there. I give him props for stepping up and being a man.

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
khmer-1.jpg
khmernewyearfood2526cambodianfood.jpg

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I'm going to make Cambodian style stuff chicken wings for Thanksgiving. Once a year, why not get in the kitchen. :D
I tried the chicken wing from Riverside market located in Long Beach and I can make way better than that. Their is too much of seasoning, salty..:yuck:

stuffedwings_01.jpg

12.png

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Are the wings stuffed with Kroeung?

I like it with Kroeung, glass noodle, black mushroom, the meat can be chicken or pork.
Extra like onion, cabbage, etc can be added depending on the person's preference.
But the Khmer style always have Kroeung in it. :)
My mom taught me to made it a while back, I'm just too lazy to prepare anything.
Cooking is easy, just not in me. :D

This Thanksgiving I'm going to cook for fun. :)

Rock

Level 1
Swordsman
Wanderer
Its a been awhile since I've had stuffed chicken wing. I remember my mom used to make it all the time. Never have any left overs at my house :)

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
amokk is my favorite!
I have never ate it before... but heard a lot of good comment of it from my friends.
I will definitely try it one day....

And by the way..... welcome to the forum...and thank you so much for participate it:)

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
Cooking is easy, just not in me. :D

Me too:sneaky:
I just learned to cook after i got married though.... even now i am still learning:p:sneaky:

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
I bought clams once. I wash them so many times but there were still dirt.
Yes, I do agree. dirt out side and in side the clam as well ..... but clam is so gooddddddd , it is very hard for me to resist it(y):D