What Is Your Favorite Khmer Food?

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
I used to hate Bitter taste when I was young. I was crying every times when my mom cooked somlor or anything that contained bitter taste in it. But When I get older I do like the bitter taste instead
It seems all the bitter tasting vegetables/plants are good for diabetes. I can eat bitter melon leaves in soup but I can't eat the bitter melon itself, especially raw. Yuck!

Rock

Level 1
Swordsman
Wanderer
I enjoy the food I cook, my wife isn't used to all the different kinds of khmer foods. I don't cook it often because I'm the only one that ends up eating most of it.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I enjoy the food I cook, my wife isn't used to all the different kinds of khmer foods. I don't cook it often because I'm the only one that ends up eating most of it.

That's too bad, I like eating Cambodian food. I hardly eat it now because I don't live with my mom anymore. I live with my sister and we are no chef and too lazy to cook. :)

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Never to late to learn!

Too lazy Rock. I'm good at buying take home food. My future husband have to know how to cook or don't need a girl that can cook. I guess I have to look extra pretty to bypass that requirement.

I can cook the simple things, but no great dish.

Rock

Level 1
Swordsman
Wanderer
You get better with experience. You have to start some where! You know what they say, "The best way to a man's heart is through his stomach!"

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
You get better with experience. You have to start some where! You know what they say, "The best way to a man's heart is through his stomach!"

I guess I'm just like Happy, don't want to pamper the guy but expect to be pamper back.
I figured if I have to deliver the baby, then he can cook for me.
Of course a guy's point of view will be different, but that is where finding your soul mate becomes a challenge.
But everyone faces that challenges all the time.
Not every marriage is a happy marriage.

Rock

Level 1
Swordsman
Wanderer
What I believe is:

A relationship is give and take. You have to work at it, both you and your partner. You both have to give up things you like for the other, and they should do the same for you. It has to be about 50/50. Both should be equal and takes a lot of time and dedication to make a relationship work. If you aren't willing to give up things and meet in the middle, then your probably better off not being in that relationship.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
What I believe is:

A relationship is give and take. You have to work at it, both you and your partner. You both have to give up things you like for the other, and they should do the same for you. It has to be about 50/50. Both should be equal and takes a lot of time and dedication to make a relationship work. If you aren't willing to give up things and meet in the middle, then your probably better off not being in that relationship.

Sometimes you're lucky and find the person that give you more than take. We all go looking for that perfect someone that makes us happy which includes doing more. If there is a 50/50 compromise, then he needs to compensate for the pregnancy part. Don't you think?

Rock

Level 1
Swordsman
Wanderer
That depends on the guy. When my wife was pregnant I was there for her 110% of the time. I did everything she wanted and everything she needed. I pampered her like she was queen of the world and I was her loyal subject. :) I would make store runs to pick up things she craved at 2 in the morning. Help her to the bathroom, shower/bath, cooked anything she wanted, and even went to birthing class with her. Even after she gave birth, I did the same thing until she got back on her feet. I did most of the baby duty, feeding and changing.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I plan to look for that guy, but I expect for him to pamper me forever with or without the baby. I will do everything for him, but I expect more from him. :)

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
What I believe is:

A relationship is give and take. You have to work at it, both you and your partner. You both have to give up things you like for the other, and they should do the same for you. It has to be about 50/50. Both should be equal and takes a lot of time and dedication to make a relationship work.

i am 100% agree with you.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Sometimes you believe that the relationship is a 50/50 bond. But it's never that way, someone is always giving a little more if not too much. I don't believe that the perfect 50/50 exist. I can prove them all wrong if I'm in the third point of view in their life.

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
I take it your wife is not Khmer. It's good in a way if you're the only one who eats it. You have it all to yourself.

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Hunnie, learn how to make kreung. If you know how to make that, you can make many Khmer dishes.

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
Hunnie, learn how to make kreung. If you know how to make that, you can make many Khmer dishes.
this is very difficult part though

chenna

Level 2
Legendary
VIP
That depends on the guy. When my wife was pregnant I was there for her 110% of the time. I did everything she wanted and everything she needed. I pampered her like she was queen of the world and I was her loyal subject. :) I would make store runs to pick up things she craved at 2 in the morning. Help her to the bathroom, shower/bath, cooked anything she wanted, and even went to birthing class with her. Even after she gave birth, I did the same thing until she got back on her feet. I did most of the baby duty, feeding and changing.
Im very impress by ur statement! i can tell ur a great father nd hushband. Not all father to b wud do the things ur doing. my hubby was doing the same thing for me when i was pregnant with my daughter. he wud make the 3am run for my food nd wud give me massage every day. my fav part is when he wud rub my belly nd talk to the baby nd read her stories everynight nd keeping a journal of their conversation lolz.Nd i can reassure u this, as a mother and a wife, this was one of the most happiest moment i shared with my hubby. makes my feelings stronger. loving him more. knowing hes gunna b the best father to my daughter in this whole wide world. knowing a guy wud do n e thing beyond to make me comfortable nd fullfill my needs during my pregnancy. to see tears comming out from him when baby was out was like the most precious thing in my life!

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP

Thank you Hamster for putting in the effort in helping me becoming a cook. It just sounded so easy but hard to do. I just can't find the effort in me to actually cook, I just usually act like a brat and go off buy food. I could cook, but it's just too much time consuming for my life. When I'm done cleaning, I just want to sit down and drink a cup of lemonade bought from Ralphs. :D

I'm actually too lazy to go put my own cup of ice. o_O

I have a big family whom always makes mess all the time non stop. Those little kids just don't know when to stop. Nothing stays clean pass a day. I have to literally keep my eyes on them, which is hard for me because I like to chill alone by myself away from those brats. (y)

I only got my brand new song laptop for only a week and one of the kid ran and step on it. I was so mad. :mad: Broken!!
My Hello Kitty mirror, again, he step on it and broke it. :mad: Trash can !!
All my two ipod, I gave it to them to play so they just leave me alone, it's so laggy now, I need a new one. :banghead:

All the desktop, virus !! "Can you fix it for me, it's so laggy". Ugh.. :mad:

They even put virus on my desktop. :mad:

I be surprise if I can find the time to go cook. :D

But thanks for helping me out though. I need to marry out and then maybe I'll cook for him. ;)
If he has money, I can continue to eat out. <3+<3