How Did You Get Your Screen Name?

chenna

Level 2
Legendary
VIP
oh theary babe, seems like u have a fan that adore u :) but u gotta let dem know I'm ur only lover here! lolz jk

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
oh theary babe, seems like u have a fan that adore u :) but u gotta let dem know I'm ur only lover here! lolz jk

:D awch I though you nerver speek dear:cry: ...so glad :cry::drowning: that you admited my lovely chenna..lolz JK

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
i was just curious... How bong pross Mist and Admin got their screen name though.. it would be great if them can share the story behind it with us;)

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Most people would think that the name Hunnie is my name that I refer to. But it's not, I'm not that much into myself.
My boyfriend don't have a cute name to call me. He never call me by any name. All he do is just start talking to me without referring me to any name. I, on the other hand likes to refer to him by something sweet and different than other people would call their boyfriend.
I call my boyfriend Hunnie. So this screen name is actually referring to my boyfriend's name not mine.
I have no name according to him.
Sometimes I wonder, how important I am to him anyways?

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
And here I thought that Hunnie is you. Almost called you hunnie bunnie. :D
Is your boyfriend invested in the relationship as much as you do?

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
And here I thought that Hunnie is you. Almost called you hunnie bunnie. :D
Is your boyfriend invested in the relationship as much as you do?

Of course not. He's just into himself. Fixing up his car and buying his name brand clothing to show off.
He's not romantic or thoughtful. The good thing about him is, he don't care how I look like.
He don't expect me to look good or anything, I can look like crap and he won't care.
Him loving me for whatever I am, is what makes him somewhat special to me.
He don't care if I can cook or clean, I don't have to do anything and he'll stay with me.

I do things because it's just how I am, it never feel right to really do nothing for the other person.
Long story short, I realized that I'm doing too much for this relationship.
Not much effort on his behalf besides him not caring about anything.

I am more into this relationship than he is.
I guess our problem is, I'm just not first on his list of priority.

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Not much effort on his behalf besides him not caring about anything. I guess our problem is, I'm just not first on his list of priority.
Are you okay with this? Are you able to communicate freely? Reading your posts remind me of my sister.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Oh I communicate fine with him. I tell him how I feel all the times. He just never really listen to the problem, he just say okay I change.
But he can't change what he is. He's just not a thoughtful boyfriend. He's just not good at relationship, I'm his first girlfriend. He never dated anyone else before me. He thinks those boyfriend stuff is gay for him. He needs to be a man. He don't hold my hand when we go out. There is a distance between us and yet, he said that he loves me and I should know how he feel already. No need to show it. :confused:

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I guess that would depend on the therapy!

Oh I told my boyfriend about it. He doesn't know what therapy is. I explain to him and he said that his mom sent him to do that before when he was younger.

Mom: Go to this place, they teach you new stuff, just go learn new things.
Him: Okay, I guess I'll go.

He said he go there twice a week and answer question and talk for about 30 minutes.
He believe it's because his mom complains about him being stuck on games. :D
That games make him go crazy !!

Hahaha so funny. My boyfriend is clueless about so many things.

Rock

Level 1
Swordsman
Wanderer
I've been in the USA since i was like 4-5 and I'm still a F.O.B. I was raised like how my parents were raised back in srok khmer. So the American culture is still new to me.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I've been in the USA since i was like 4-5 and I'm still a F.O.B. I was raised like how my parents were raised back in srok khmer. So the American culture is still new to me.

I came here when I was 4 years old. I listen to Cambodian song and eat Khmer food while living with my parents. I don't think I'm a FOB though. I watch Chinese series with them, so I got used to liking Chinese song more. I do many other things including the American styles, so I guess I'm pretty much evolve with society.

As technology changes, I tends to follow the trends.
I don't think liking your own culture and enjoying it makes anyone a FOB.

Rock

Level 1
Swordsman
Wanderer
I mean no disrespect when I use FOB. I use it as in I am an immigrant not born here in the USA, and those who have different cultures compared to the way things are done here in the US.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I mean no disrespect when I use FOB. I use it as in I am an immigrant not born here in the USA, and those who have different cultures compared to the way things are done here in the US.

I see.

The definition that I'm used to is FOB stands for Fresh off the Boat. Meaning you're new to the place and not familiar or have no idea how things are in America. Dress differently when walking outside, eat with your hands, just do stuff from your homeland and not what Americans are doing here.

For example, some Chinese are still wearing pants under their skirt to go out when girls in America doesn't dress like that. So people here would look at you like "What is she wearing"?

Wearing flip flop to school when that is not appropriate over here. (Dress code violation) But it's okay at Cambodia and Vietnam.
Sometimes people sees not speaking English clearly a FOB too.

It pretty much all depends on the person judging.