How Did You Get Your Screen Name?

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
I'm actually curious how some of you got your screen names, so this should be a good thread. ;) I was known for Sleepyhead and Rei -- at least around the Khmer websites.

Sleepyhead - I got this screen name because I literally can sleep all day. Got awaken in class by my English teacher...got awaken from a car crash (I felt a sleep on the wheel :( ) but thankfully it was very minor.

Rei - Is a character from one of my favorite RPG games, Breath of Fire. He's half human, half tiger as shown in my signature. Not much history behind this screen name though. :)

So what about you?

Rock

Level 1
Swordsman
Wanderer
Rei - Is a character from one of my favorite RPG games, Breath of Fire. He's half human, half tiger as shown in my signature.

One of my favorite game series - Breath of Fire.

My screen name is what most people know me by. How did I get it? Well, when I was growing up all my friends like to hit each other and when it came to me, it was like hitting a rock. When I hit them back, it was like getting hit by a rock lol :p. So that's where my screen name came from.

LianNiChang

Commoner
VIP
I'm actually curious how some of you got your screen names, so this should be a good thread. ;) I was known for Sleepyhead and Rei -- at least around the Khmer websites.

Sleepyhead - I got this screen name because I literally can sleep all day. Got awaken in class by my English teacher...got awaken from a car crash (I felt a sleep on the wheel :( ) but thankfully it was very minor.

Rei - Is a character from one of my favorite RPG games, Breath of Fire. He's half human, half tiger as shown in my signature. Not much history behind this screen name though. :)

So what about you?

Hey bong, I thought your name was referring to Rei in khmer, which means like a type of bird. Nowadays most people don't use the term anymore except for in songs.

I.E. "Oh rei euy rei yuom.." :)

As for my username, named after my favourite wuxia character Yuo Luo Cha aka Lian Ni Chang (her actual name) from The White Haired Demoness story. It is my favourite wuxia novel. RIP Mr. Liang Yu Sheng. :)

Meimei

Commoner
Wanderer
:) My first nickname that everyone know me is from anime serie, most people know me with this nickname i used from 1998...
My nickname you keep call me Rei is mean ''dream'' in japanese =^^=
My current nickname is just mean ''little sister'' in chinese...well nevermind, can people figure my gender ^^

I got few nicknames o_O I should keep some secret hehe

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
One of my favorite game series - Breath of Fire.
I miss the old school Japanese RPGs from back in the days. They have that "wuxia" feel to them. You usually start off as a troubled kid going on adventures, making new friends, learning new powers and becoming a hero fighting and saving the world. Of course, with a bit of funny love plot. Too bad they don't make them much this generation. I'm hoping for a new FFVII remake on the Playstation 4.

Hey bong, I thought your name was referring to Rei in khmer, which means like a type of bird. Nowadays most people don't use the term anymore except for in songs.
It has been ages since I've heard rei being mentioned as a bird. :).

My nickname you keep call me Rei is mean ''dream'' in japanese
Yeah, I prefer knowing you by that name better lol.

Sreymup

ひきこもり
Swordsman
Wanderer
Hmm let's see, I came up with my nickname after looking in the mirror. Lol kidding. I thought it would be a silly nickname. Usually I would pick something more Japanese related.

Meimei

Commoner
Wanderer
Rei: LOL but you keep call me before by my other nickname more :p:D

Sreymup: me also in japanese things LOL ;) but not all my nickname are in japanese romaji ^^;

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
I was walking my dog one day and she kept wanting to go in the bush. Turned out there was a hamster lying sick. My dog liked that hamster and refused to leave it. So that evening when I registered for KhmerAvenue I picked Hamster for my username.

Mist

Commoner
Swordsman
VIP
I was walking my dog one day and she kept wanting to go in the bush. Turned out there was a hamster lying sick. My dog liked that hamster and refused to leave it. So that evening when I registered for KhmerAvenue I picked Hamster for my username.

did u bring hamster home? :)

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
Nice story Hamster, a bit sad with the ending. I grew up not having any pets because my parents don't allow us adopting any. I would probably get a cat or maybe a dog later when I'm more settled.

KhmerBross

Commoner
Hamster are you share is not a guinea pig.... LOL....Hamster are you a boy or a girl ? Or in between?...! lol.....Hamster lol...

Meimei

Commoner
Wanderer
hm, my sixth sense tell me Hamster is a girl :D
I hope i got the right answer :rolleyes:
I also cannot have pet, parent doesn't want it, sadly. In future, i would like to have BOO

My real name is Sakunthea Than ( I hate it, supposedly it's a cool Khmer name, as I been told by old people.) My USA name is Alex (short for Alexander) Than. My family name, of course, is Than, on my grandfather side, whom I never met. He died during the khmer rouge, my grandma said from eating grass with thorns. My street name was Boney (pronounced bone-knee not BONNIE, a girl name) cause I was really skinny kid. Thahappycamper is my online name, for my youtube act, email, PSN, aim, facebook. basically, everything. It was inspired by the fact that when I play first person shooters, I like to hide or "camp" from players while shooting them. A lot of players hate "campers" and I get a lot of complaints, sometimes kicked from the servers, but I am always happy camping, hence the name. A lot of people have that name too, so I change the spelling from Thehappycamper to Thahappycamper, that's why the a is there. Now you people know my life story. :D

Also, it cools and reference to the popular phrase "Not a happy camper." Another reason, I been through a lot of struggles in my life, but everyday when I wake up, I make sure, I am a....

images

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
Interesting life story Happy. :D

Speaking of your screen name, I had a feeling it was related to camping in FPS lol. I actually enjoy camping a lot in most shooting games except for Halo, which is much too fast paced for camping. What I do find funny is that the same people that like to complain about campers are hypocritically campers themselves. :D

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
Wow, Everyone has a story to tell ;)

There is nothing special about my screen name..... I just want to keep Original of me and I want to tell the whole world who I am though...lol:p

Wow, Everyone has a story to tell ;)

There is nothing special about my screen name..... I just want to keep Original of me and I want to tell the whole world who I am though...lol:p

Bong srey sexy, the simplicity of your name, Theary, is what makes it special! I like how it sounds. I close my eyes then I say "theary, theary, theary" oh sounds so nice and easy on the ears. Try to close your eyes, then say "sakun thear, than, sakun thear than, or tha happy camper" oh shoot me now...

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
Bong srey sexy, the simplicity of your name, Theary, is what makes it special! I like how it sounds. I close my eyes then I say "theary, theary, theary" oh sounds so nice and easy on the ears. Try to close your eyes, then say "sakun thear, than, sakun thear than, or tha happy camper" oh shoot me now...

lol

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
I agree with Happy, Theary. :D