Cvs Stops Tobacco Sales Today

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
When CVS first announced in February that it would end the sale of tobacco products at its stores effective October 1, chief executive officer Larry Merlo said it would cost the company about $2 billion in annual sales, or about 3 percent of company revenues.

The move to end cigarette and other tobacco sales comes after years of pressure from public health advocates and groups like the American Medical Association. Retailers like CVS have been particularly criticized for the inherent conflict of making money off of fast-growing pharmacies while at the same time selling products known to harm public health.

Merlo said CVS is creating a new model for the era that follows the implementation of the Affordable Care Act.

Ending tobacco sales today boosts CVS’ ability to partner with traditional health care providers, executives said.

“The sale of tobacco in a retail pharmacy conflicts with the purpose of he health care services delivered there,” said Dr. Troyen Brennan, chief medical officer at CVS Health . “Even more important, there is evidence developing that indicates that removing tobacco products from retailers with pharmacies will lead to substantially lower rates of smoking with implications for reducing tobacco-related deaths.”

Removing-Cartons.jpg

Source:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/bruceja...-sales-today-changes-name-to-reflect-new-era/

This is great news. Now this is something I can agree with you, Hunnie. Cigarettes kills.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
CVS will start gaining non smoker customer while smokers has to go elsewhere. When more store starts supporting the banned of tobacco, it will helps decrease new generation of smoker. Making tobacco an illegal substance in the future is a matter of time. :)

CVS will start gaining non smoker customer while smokers has to go elsewhere. When more store starts supporting the banned of tobacco, it will helps decrease new generation of smoker. Making tobacco an illegal substance in the future is a matter of time. :)
People are so addicted to it that even though they'd like to quit, they just can't.
It's a trillion dollar industry, these guys have money to sway politicians. So crossing finger on banning.
I took me 5 years to finally kick the habit, smoked for about 10 years, give or take.
Been smoke-free for like 4 years.

In teens - one after every meal.
In high school - a pack every two weeks.
In college - 1 pack every two days.
Rockbottom - 1 and half pack a day.

Last 4 years = 0.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
People are so addicted to it that even though they'd like to quit, they just can't.
It's a trillion dollar industry, these guys have money to sway politicians. So crossing finger on banning.
I took me 5 years to finally kick the habit, smoked for about 10 years, give or take.
Been smoke-free for like 4 years.

In teens - one after every meal.
In high school - a pack every two weeks.
In college - 1 pack every two days.
Rockbottom - 1 and half pack a day.

Last 4 years = 0.

Trust me, I know very close to how smoker feel when they have to quit. When my dad was realizing that his health was getting bad, he wanted to quit badly. It's depressing seeing him struggle through the transition. I can't do anything to help but support him in the corner.

My brother tried to quit too, but every time he smoke less, he gets sick from it. Lots of coughing, I can feel their pain. The vibe around smoker isn't a pleasant one. They have mood swing that makes you not want to be around them when they come down on it. Kind of hard to run off when they're your family.

My dad is happier now, he gone a long way trying to stop smoking and I'm very proud of him. I don't hate smoker, I just can't be around them because second hand will kill me first. My dad didn't want anything to happen to his family either, I know he loves us dearly. That is also one big reason why he needs to quit. It's really hard to quit and I will not judge my dad if he chose not to. I will always love him no matter what.

I just hope this new changes will help keep new generation from getting stuck with such an addicting habit. With marijuana being the next smoke, maybe they will let tobacco be a thing of the past.

Trust me, I know very close to how smoker feel when they have to quit. When my dad was realizing that his health was getting bad, he wanted to quit badly. It's depressing seeing him struggle through the transition. I can't do anything to help but support him in the corner.

My brother tried to quit too, but every time he smoke less, he gets sick from it. Lots of coughing, I can feel their pain. The vibe around smoker isn't a pleasant one. They have mood swing that makes you not want to be around them when they come down on it. Kind of hard to run off when they're your family.

My dad is happier now, he gone a long way trying to stop smoking and I'm very proud of him. I don't hate smoker, I just can't be around them because second hand will kill me first. My dad didn't want anything to happen to his family either, I know he loves us dearly. That is also one big reason why he needs to quit. It's really hard to quit and I will not judge my dad if he chose not to. I will always love him no matter what.

I just hope this new changes will help keep new generation from getting stuck with such an addicting habit. With marijuana being the next smoke, maybe they will let tobacco be a thing of the past.
I know you hate marijuana and I really don't want to get into it.
But you know what, its not as addicting as cigarettes and it is easier to quit too.
It doesn't cause cancer either, it actually treats and even cure it, look up rick simpson oil.
I'm glad were not debating anymore, fighting sucks even among online friends.

Btw, I am sober, my second week.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I know you hate marijuana and I really don't want to get into it.
But you know what, its not as addicting as cigarettes and it is easier to quit too.
It doesn't cause cancer either, it actually treats and even cure it, look up rick simpson oil.
I'm glad were not debating anymore, fighting sucks even among online friends.

Btw, I am sober, my second week.

I wasn't fighting with you. Maybe you were fighting with your inner self. :D

I don't hate marijuana, it doesn't conflict my life. I just don't smoke it, that's all. I don't judge people that does, we all have different preferences in life. There's really nothing wrong with that.

Just like how I love shopping and there are those who don't like a girl that shops a lot. Same goes for me, I wouldn't change my likes because someone else disagreed with my habit. Same for you Happy, do what you like.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I did not know that you had an interest in psychology.

Things I'm good at, shopping and skincare. Nothing else.
Even uploading, I still sucks at it. I don't like fixing borders.
I hate learning new ways to do watermark.
Anything else, I probably don't even know what I'm talking about.
I just talk just to talk.

Things I'm good at, shopping and skincare. Nothing else.
Even uploading, I still sucks at it. I don't like fixing borders.
I hate learning new ways to do watermark.
Anything else, I probably don't even know what I'm talking about.
I just talk just to talk.
Speaking of watermark, have you seen mines?
Each video has a different one.
I'm especially proud of my last work, episode 04.
Please check it out and tell me what you think?

episode 4

I will consult you for your skincare advice in the future.

Last edited:

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Speaking of watermark, have you seen mines?
Each video has a different one.
I'm especially proud of my last work, episode 04.
Please check it out and tell me what you think?

episode 4

I'm still playing around with the software. I haven't process one yet. Hopefully I don't do it wrong.
Self teaching myself, I was too lazy to read the little pop up direction.

It's really nice that you can make the time to put watermark on every videos.
I never can find the patience to do all of it. I get bored at completing one watermark.
Big thumbs up to that Happy, keep up the good work.
It's not fair that others can take all your hard work away by overlapping the watermark.
You make it more time consuming for them to steal your work.

And yes, you should really be proud of your work. It's a nice job done.

Not interested in putting Mr. Happy on your watermark?
Hunnie, Rei, goupon, and Mist are doing it. :D

Not interested in putting Mr. Happy on your watermark?
Hunnie, Rei, goupon, and Mist are doing it. :D
Putting what? What do you mean, buttercup?
What are they doing?

I get bored easily so this actually is fun for me lolz.
I made an even better one for Chu Liu Xiang, I'll post it tmr.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Putting what? What do you mean, buttercup?
What are they doing?

I get bored easily so this actually is fun for me lolz.
I made an even better one for Chu Liu Xiang, I'll post it tmr.

I don't see your name on your watermark. It only says khmerforum.com
Where is your name?

I don't see your name on your watermark. It only says khmerforum.com
Where is your name?
Oh gotcha, no name lolz.
The watermark is an advertising ploy for the forums.
I figured if I can't stop them from stealing, I should try to see how I could benefit.
Now I want everyone to steal my videos. (y)

"For every action, there's an equal and opposite reaction." Sir Issac Newton 17th c.

Last edited: