What Did You Cook Today?

:( A lot of money. That will make many people walk away, but many student will look towards financial aid or loans for that, better than paying up front.
It's 685 per credit hour vs. about 100 per credit hour at the community college. I'm still trying to figure how to make this happen. I'm still paying for my student loans and I don't think I want to take out another loan. I'll keep you posted but that a substantial amount money! I should start whipping out the zip lock bags and weight scale...lol I really dont want to go to a community college even though it like 5 times cheaper. I might have to though, considering the debt I'm in.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
It's 685 per credit hour vs. about 100 per credit hour at the community college. I'm still trying to figure how to make this happen. I'm still paying for my student loans and I don't think I want to take out another loan. I'll keep you posted but that a substantial amount money! I should start whipping out the zip lock bags and weight scale...lol I really dont want to go to a community college even though it like 5 times cheaper. I might have to though, considering the debt I'm in.

What's wrong with community college, Happy? You did said you're not planning to get anything career related, then why not go community?

What's the difference between private and public schools? lol I dont want to get into it without sounding like a jerk but I'll be frank, I'm done with community colleges. Its just a personal preference. Some people are picky, I'm one of those people. Although its tempting to enroll cause one class will cost me way less than a grand but I guess I'm sick of the small town feel of it. I don't consider it a real college and the instructors get paid less so they are less serious about their jobs, student are less serious about their learning progress. More wackos go to community colleges. The students and instructors are pretty much broke and starving. It's depressing. This is honestly how I feel about it and hate talking about it cause it offends people and I'm not trying to offend nobody, especially you, cause I know you're a transfer student and I think you rock! I hope you the best also :D. I really hate community college-level instructors, they are so lazy and broke man. I rather pay the 3000 per class for the level of education that I want.

Its a good place to save money for the first two years though, I highly suggest if that's you're just can't afford it to pay 30,000 a year tuition but you get what you pay off in life and colleges are no exception to that rule. I dont even know I can afford it but I tell you thing, I'm gonna start planning. I'm not going back to community college, like how criminals don't want to go back to jail. That basically sums up how I feel about it. I rather get shot, rape, become homeless than go to a community college man lol...I hate it man.

I would have to pay off my student loans, and my mercedes if I'm gonna take out a loan. I will be saving up cash.
It's a touchy subject I hope I didn't offend you. Community colleges are awesome if you want to save hella money! :D Thanks for uploads and youre hella sexy....oh la la.....

I sat at home at thinking, man what should I do for fight boredom. I dont want to go out with people to do dancing or drinking. I dont want to hang out at people's house at a party or sit on someone couch talking nonsense. I dont have any friends (except a few). I just thought man, be a good time to sit in class, I be surrounded by people and I can stimulate my mind - so that's how I came up with the idea of just enrolling in college - besides work, I have no life. It's time hunnie....I'm tired of shopping too. There's nothing that I need to buy. Oh I get so bored at home man, either I visit khmerforums/khmeravenue or play online chess then shopping. I be so happy to be in school learning and earning some credits. :D I get so stir-crazy I have to smoke weed to calm myself down.

Last edited:
LA9A8682_1crop2blog.jpg

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
What's the difference between private and public schools? lol I dont want to get into it without sounding like a jerk but I'll be frank, I'm done with community colleges. Its just a personal preference. Some people are picky, I'm one of those people. Although its tempting to enroll cause one class will cost me way less than a grand but I guess I'm sick of the small town feel of it. I don't consider it a real college and the instructors get paid less so they are less serious about their jobs, student are less serious about their learning progress. More wackos go to community colleges. The students and instructors are pretty much broke and starving. It's depressing. This is honestly how I feel about it and hate talking about it cause it offends people and I'm not trying to offend nobody, especially you, cause I know you're a transfer student and I think you rock! I hope you the best also :D. I really hate community college-level instructors, they are so lazy and broke man. I rather pay the 3000 per class for the level of education that I want.

Its a good place to save money for the first two years though, I highly suggest if that's you're just can't afford it to pay 30,000 a year tuition but you get what you pay off in life and colleges are no exception to that rule. I dont even know I can afford it but I tell you thing, I'm gonna start planning. I'm not going back to community college, like how criminals don't want to go back to jail. That basically sums up how I feel about it. I rather get shot, rape, become homeless than go to a community college man lol...I hate it man.

I would have to pay off my student loans, and my mercedes if I'm gonna take out a loan. I will be saving up cash.
It's a touchy subject I hope I didn't offend you. Community colleges are awesome if you want to save hella money! :D Thanks for uploads and youre hella sexy....oh la la.....

I sat at home at thinking, man what should I do for fight boredom. I dont want to go out with people to do dancing or drinking. I dont want to hang out at people's house at a party or sit on someone couch talking nonsense. I dont have any friends (except a few). I just thought man, be a good time to sit in class, I be surrounded by people and I can stimulate my mind - so that's how I came up with the idea of just enrolling in college - besides work, I have no life. It's time hunnie....I'm tired of shopping too. There's nothing that I need to buy. Oh I get so bored at home man, either I visit khmerforums/khmeravenue or play online chess then shopping. I be so happy to be in school learning and earning some credits. :D I get so stir-crazy I have to smoke weed to calm myself down.

It's going to be major hard for me to get offended over anything Happy. I live in America for way too long. I been plastic to not care what people think or see in me. My teacher taught me to always do what makes you happy, worrying about other's opinion or feeling towards you is too tiring and stressful. Everybody is free to their own perspective towards anyone, trying to hate everyone on that, is a lifetime of headache.

You are right about you get what you pay for. I believe it's true for about 90% of the time. The other 10%, I felt that you can get that slime chance of changing it. I found some stuff that are cheap, but it's not cheapy, it's a great buy because the quality itself exceed the cost that I pay for. Back in high school, getting pay for minimum wage is good enough when they help you get a job. But I didn't go that route, I didn't have the school find me the job. I didn't wait on the school to do all the work like other students. I write up my own resume, fax it to different company of my own choice, land a few interview (about 4), and land my own job getting pay $10/hour starting. I only look for places that would pay me more starting. With the same education as another student, you need to step it up a notch and find your own happiness, I never depend on school to get me anything because only I will cater to my own needs better. For my future career I plan to get hook up and know people that will take me there. I will make sure my place of college won't affect me in that area. I mean, it's easy said than done, but I will be around khmerforum to tell you all about it later. :D

Nothing is touchy here on the forum (at least for me), we are free to write up our own thoughts. If I can't even handle some opinion online, how can I mange my own career life in person, we deals with people all the time, can't be a baby cry about those stuff. I like your motivation to do things, keep it up.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I'm so broke right now though man......

I might go here.....with all the other hobos....:D

View attachment 1268

I honesty likes community college just fine right now, even though I'm transferring soon, it really doesn't matter which one I go to. Maybe it's different where you're at, but the teachers I get at community college here, they're nice and they stay over to help you when you ask. Some people do said that the teacher don't care about you, but I think you have to ask for their attention. When I ask, I do get the attention, so I won't see what other students are complaining about. Most of my professor here also commented for the student who needs extra help to arrange a time to meet up and get those extra help. But like I said, not sure how your place goes, my place is very welcoming for me. I believe, I will miss my community college. The place is like a cozy home to me. I hate university college for one big major problem though, they're too big. I hate walking far just to get to one class each time. I'm one lazy student on that, I can tell you that. :D Of course, just another one of my lazy preferences. I know other people love the extra exercise, but I hate to exercise. :) The only walking I enjoy doing is walking in the mall.

I honesty likes community college just fine right now, even though I'm transferring soon, it really doesn't matter which one I go to. Maybe it's different where you're at, but the teachers I get at community college here, they're nice and they stay over to help you when you ask. Some people do said that the teacher don't care about you, but I think you have to ask for their attention. When I ask, I do get the attention, so I won't see what other students are complaining about. Most of my professor here also commented for the student who needs extra help to arrange a time to meet up and get those extra help. But like I said, not sure how your place goes, my place is very welcoming for me. I believe, I will miss my community college. The place is like a cozy home to me. I hate university college for one big major problem though, they're too big. I hate walking far just to get to one class each time. I'm one lazy student on that, I can tell you that. :D Of course, just another one of my lazy preferences. I know other people love the extra exercise, but I hate to exercise. :) The only walking I enjoy doing is walking in the mall.
I will keep u posted.

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
:( A lot of money. That will make many people walk away, but many student will look towards financial aid or loans for that, better than paying up front.
Free money is best: scholarship, grants, tuition reimbursement, etc. Paying upfront is 2nd best. School loans are the worst, IMO.

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
happy, that chicken soup looks good. Reminds me of soup chrouk moan, you know the soup where you squeeze in a lot of lime/lemon juice.

Hunnie, do you have the recipe for the crab fish maw soup?

Free money is best: scholarship, grants, tuition reimbursement, etc. Paying upfront is 2nd best. School loans are the worst, IMO.
Having no education is by far worst than having a great job and having to pay off student loans, I'll say.

Anyways, I talked it over with my gf about the cost of attending a 4 year private university and we decided that we can only afford to send me there for four years - so I have to pick something within that realm and I'm happy with that. I seriously hate CC and I'm staying away from it. I just gotta wait till I pay off my benz to go back full time :D But that's the plan, it's offical. I got like a long list of 4 years degrees to choose from ...more on that later.

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
I'm officially more hungry than ever after browsing through these food pictures.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
happy, that chicken soup looks good. Reminds me of soup chrouk moan, you know the soup where you squeeze in a lot of lime/lemon juice.

Hunnie, do you have the recipe for the crab fish maw soup?

Ingredients :
  • Fish maw. Soaked in warm water, rinsed and drained. Cut to bite sizes.
  • Crabmeat.
  • Immitation crabmeat. (Optional).
  • Canned chicken broth. (or make your own from brown chicken)
  • 1 stalk green onion. Chopped (optional)
  • oyster sauce.
  • salt.
  • sesames oil.
  • sugar.
  • Dash of black pepper.
  • 1 Teaspoon cornstarch.
  • Egg whites (desired amount)
  • 1 Clove garlic. Minced.
  • 1 tablespoon of cooking oil.
  • sea cucumber
  • water
Procedures :

Mix 1 cornstarch with 2 Tablespoon water, set it a side.
Heat up the chicken broth soup pot, when it is hot, add cooking oil.
Add fish maw and sea cucumber. Stirs
Let it cook in medium heat until fish maw tender.
Drops the egg whites, a little at a time in to the soup. Stirs.
Pour in cornstarch water. Stirs.
Add cooked crabmeat, immitation crabmeat, and (chicken meat). Stirs.
Seasoning with sugar, salt and oyster sauce (optional).
Sprinkles with chopped green onion and black pepper.
Serve hot.

For mine, I used the fresh crab meat. I boil the big crab and then I peel out all the cooked meat out to put in my soup later.
It tastes much better with fresh crab meat compare to frozen ones from the box, but it's up to you.
I make my own chicken broth by boiling the Chinese brown chicken. After the chicken is very tender, I take it out of the soup and I peel off the soft meat and also put the chicken meat in my fish maw soup. It's very good and fulfilling that way.
I didn't put oyster sauce in my soup, I left it out, but that is up to you to experience what you like more.
Some other people used dark soy sauce instead of oyster sauce. When I'm craving for this, I go out of my way to make it, especially during the cold days, this is really wonderful to have around for sipping. :D

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
How to make Fish Maw Soup
Something similar to refer to. You can twist it around to your own liking.
I recommend using fresh stuff for this soup so you can really enjoy the real fascinating taste of it.