What Did You Cook Today?

Today I am learning how to cook Khmer Chicken Soup using a recipe off the internet:

chicken wings
lemon grass stalk
garlic cloves
ginger (grounded)
fish sauce
a little bit of cooking oil
and of course water!

Not the actual soup lol...

igp4413.jpg

Thanks bro. I'm still learning, trying to become as close as I can to a real Cambodian. No, I cannot fish I have to buy fish at the store if I want to eat some. :D I'm disgusted by prohok too. Also, I hate durian...smell like baby poop.

Today I thought I try my luck at woking a batch of Spicy Pork and Vegetable Stir-fry. Shot taken from Xperia Z.
1392926740608.jpg

Last edited:

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
Today I am learning how to cook Khmer Chicken Soup using a recipe off the internet:

chicken wings
lemon grass stalk
garlic cloves
ginger (grounded)
fish sauce
a little bit of cooking oil
and of course water!

Not the actual soup lol...

View attachment 1248
look so gooddddddddd... yumiiiiiiiiiii:sneaky:

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Thanks bro. I'm still learning, trying to become as close as I can to a real Cambodian. No, I cannot fish I have to buy fish at the store if I want to eat some. :D I'm disgusted by prohok too. Also, I hate durian...smell like baby poop.

Good thing we don't live together because you be smelling prahok from me all day. That's what I like to use in my cooking, when possible. Putting prahok in soup are delicious seasoning kind of stuff. :D

I love durian, they're not cheap either because I always have to get them fresh, frozen takes all the flavor and smell. :)

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I was craving crab fish maw soup so I decided to cook it today. Learn the recipe watching my boyfriend's mom cooking it.

kff.jpg

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
It's my actual dish I'm about to dig in. Snap it with my iphone. Check out my gaming mouse to the side, I didn't take it off the internet this time. :D

khk.jpg

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Asian soups made right, are the best stuff in the world.

I love soup but it takes too much time to make them. You have to keep checking on it and run back to add more stuff as it boil. Stir-fry is my quick fast fix food to make because it's less time consuming to make. :) I'm super lazy. :D Your girl is lucky that you enjoy being in the kitchen. :)

Hunnie, I decided to enroll myself at Seattle University as soon as I can. I really am that bored :D. Just part time though and not for a career or anything, I'm just gonna take whatever class I feel like taking cause its time to get back on the wagon :D. I'm ready to start new.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Hunnie, I decided to enroll myself at Seattle University as soon as I can. I really am that bored :D. Just part time though and not for a career or anything, I'm just gonna take whatever class I feel like taking cause its time to get back on the wagon :D. I'm ready to start new.

It's nice that you are motivated to do something potential. Not everyone has that. Many college student who attends school now, are always ready to take a vacation. :D Knowing extra things is always a plus towards something, maybe not now, but you never know what comes your way later. I always wanted to get some cooking class, just to know how to cook several things. It's handy for my family's future, always a good thing to have a girl that can cook for her family. I'm lazy, but I can't be selfish either. :) Never be limited to something, always be open to the horizon.