What Was Your Very First Computer?

My very first computer was an Emachine I had bought over the QVC shopping network. I remember it cost me about a thousand bucks and I had to make 3 equal payments or something like that. This was POS tower. All my friends would laugh at me when they came over cause I didn't have a Compaq. I didn't know crap about computer at the time. I barely used aim or AOL, I had to learn everything from friends and self-taught. I didn't even know the difference between a MP3 file and a shortcut. I would copy all the shortcuts and burn it on my cd-rw. It was so noob. It would take me 1 hour to download one song off napster cause my 56k wasn't working right at the time.

neverobsolete.jpg

Jaxa4786

Commoner
Wanderer
At least you had your own computer. I had to share one computer with 6 sisters. We had to go on only an hour each day to finish our homework.

Jaxa4786

Commoner
Wanderer
Six sisters with one computer is horrible. Lucky we all grew up and buy their own computer. Now we had our own family. We live our own life. No more sharing computer. :D

Funny thing, I'm pretty isolated and reclusive so I would love to share my computer lol with six sisters.

Jaxa4786

Commoner
Wanderer
I don't like sharing with them. I need my own privacy too. They always be nosy.

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
My very first computer. Got it for $500. My HS English teacher order for me since i know crap abt computer. Not sure what happen to it. Ever since i never own one until after college.
5ug3mr.jpg

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
My first computer was a Macintosh from Best Buy. It was expensive at the time I bought it. I just pick whatever the sales person said is good and my dad pay for it. I had good grade all my entire childhood and never gave them any problem with school so they didn't give me any hard time when I ask for my first computer.

They didn't require me to share my computer because I solely earned the rights to have it all to myself with my hard work. But I did share it with my siblings. I wasn't one of those that got stuck on a desktop either, I participate with outside activities and kept myself physically active at the time. Just like Happy, I self taught everything on my own with the internet help. Mistakes will be made but it's all good life experience. Good old times where most of the responsibility is with the parents and I just worry about school only, like they said to me as I was growing up. :)

I didn't have much of my own judgment as a child, I do everything my parents tell me to do. I always believe what they said is the right way. It makes me want to cry when I revisit the past of me not obeying them. :cry: I hate being a bad kid and all the times I talked back to them, I just want to go back and make it better. Give them a better memories of me. Parents aren't always right, but its my job to have them feel that way no matter what. Having my own opinion on things wasn't suppose to happen between us. They should never see that sides of me.

Being an adult makes me realized how stressful it is to maintain a living as parents at those times. I would never ask better of them if I have a chose to change the past. It's what it is, they made me the person that I am now and I liked the present me. Always motivated to better myself and stand up when I fall down. Never stop trying.

I was a very bad kid, spoiled to the core. I do feel so bad too. I feel bad that I couldn't be the "best son they ever had" type of shit. I carry this with me everyday - the pain and the failure I use it to motivate me to the maximum!

chenna

Level 2
Legendary
VIP
My very first computer. Got it for $500. My HS English teacher order for me since i know crap abt computer. Not sure what happen to it. Ever since i never own one until after college.
5ug3mr.jpg
lolz groupon! i remembered my parents bought us something like that n at that time comp was very expensive bcuz it just came out. i remembered she paid like 2g...n back then it was very expensive...think it was in the 90's...then a few years later she bought me my very first Yayyy me lolz

chenna

Level 2
Legendary
VIP
Six sisters with one computer is horrible. Lucky we all grew up and buy their own computer. Now we had our own family. We live our own life. No more sharing computer. :D
at Jaxa, i feel u. I have 7 sibblings! but we only had to share among the 4 of us bcuz my other 3 sibblings were busy working..

Jaxa4786

Commoner
Wanderer
at Jaxa, i feel u. I have 7 sibblings! but we only had to share among the 4 of us bcuz my other 3 sibblings were busy working..
i hate sharing computer. It just hard to keep privacy and my sister love to read all my note and check my email

Hitori_no

Beggar
My first computer was an E-Mac, it was white, huge, heavy , and looked pretty cool! Macintosh products was still pretty underground at that time so I felt a bit elitism for having it. Then Mac products hitted the store several years later ... everyone talked about Apple products ... :eek: