Valentine's Day

Should Valentine's Day become a holiday for everyone?

• Yes

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • We should ban Valentine's Day, it's meaningless.

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
A special day for couples. Do you do anything special for Valentine's Day, or it's just another ordinary day for you? What is the highlight of that day, that makes it more special/not special to you? Do you buy gifts or go out to eat somewhere special or do both? If you are single, do you celebrate it with friends? Do you think it should be consider a holiday where everyone should get a day off from work/school?

00000.png

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
1909126ncuqeyij2n.gif

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
1949332dek871qiix.gif

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Sorry Hunnie, I am not a big fan of Valentine Day. I just feel that people doesn't need a certain day of the year to be shower with love. If you are truly love one to another, it should happen every day, not just one specific day. But that just me, I sure hope I am not offended anybody that love Valentine Day.

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
I used to celebrate Valentines more than often, but I guess I'm fading with age heh. Personally, I don't mind taking any holidays off from work. :)

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
The reason why I am against Valentine's day is the fact that it is so commercialize. All they want is to sell roses, candies, and other stuff that is associated with V's day. Besides, I don't need a specific date to tell my gf how much I care for her. I can do that any day and not have to designate a day out of 365. It sound a little corny, but I do feel this way. If you do celebrate this day, enjoy it and have fun. Don't expect too much from it.

I agree with you on getting bless any day of the years with your loves one. We buys gifts all the time, "just because" not cause someone tells us to, or when there's a holiday. :)

Valentine is just a cool day for me to enjoy because the rest of the world is celebrating it, because of that reason, it's the time where I can find all kinds of flowers and different kinds of shade of pink roses easier without having to pay extra to have it ship from another state. All the romantic gifts are prepacked with nice goodies for you, just another extra day for you to get more goodies for your loves one. The more the merrier, I think. :) Some restaurant also has the buy one get two entrée for dinner. Nice to be able to save more during the whole year. The waitress/waiter just seems more nicer (my area) because of all the love in the air, everybody is just busy enjoying love to cause any problem or chaos, which is nice.

Healthy-Valentines-Day-Treats-Dessert-Table.jpg

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Sorry Hunnie, I am not a big fan of Valentine Day. I just feel that people doesn't need a certain day of the year to be shower with love. If you are truly love one to another, it should happen every day, not just one specific day. But that just me, I sure hope I am not offended anybody that love Valentine Day.

It's no problem Msred, you are right about that. Valentine Day for me is just another extra day to find fast gifts to give to my love ones, on top of other days. It's just easier for me to find more prettier flowers when Valentine's Day comes around. Taking my mom out for dinner is cheaper too, since many places gives out dinner deal. For a college student, I have to spend wisely throughout the years. :) I can find more pretty stuff for cheap, we girls only love the sales. :D

2sTFefZuV60.jpg

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
If this ever happen, which I think will never, I will be very disappoint because it is a meaningless celebration. There are better days to celebrate and things to honor than Valentine"s day. Day off for Valentine's day? I consider this question to be a joke. No offense.

No offense taken, everybody's opinion are valuable. We need a balance in this world. I do think it's terrible not to get a day off to spend more days to be with your loves one even though the rest of the world is celebrating Valentine's Day, you can enjoy a relaxing day with your parents or just put on a jumpsuit and give your car an oil change for an example. :) Whatever you enjoy doing, I just though any day off would just be nice for everyone to get. But if Valentine's Day is that meaningless to you where you rather work, your company are extremely lucky to have you a part of their workforce.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I used to celebrate Valentines more than often, but I guess I'm fading with age heh. Personally, I don't mind taking any holidays off from work. :)

A relaxing day off is always good for you Rei, you work too hard. Day off you still put in work for the Khmerforum. There's a lot of healthy snack for you on Valentine's Day. :D

Love-Fruit-Watermelon-Creative-Valentines-Day-Food.jpg

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I personally don't get to enjoy the actual Valentine's Day since it's been happening on a weekday and people I know work the next day. :( But I like the sales and I love buying gifts for my parents and seeing the smile on their face.
I would cook for them, but that just be wrong because I don't want them eating nasty food. :D

snow_heart_by_babyloveart-d346czd.jpg

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP

Rock

Level 1
Swordsman
Wanderer
The reason why I am against Valentine's day is the fact that it is so commercialize. All they want is to sell roses, candies, and other stuff that is associated with V's day. Besides, I don't need a specific date to tell my gf how much I care for her. I can do that any day and not have to designate a day out of 365. It sound a little corny, but I do feel this way. If you do celebrate this day, enjoy it and have fun. Don't expect too much from it.

I agree with you Phon! (y) Don't need a day to show the one you love that they are special. Everyday should be special.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I agree with you Phon! (y) Don't need a day to show the one you love that they are special. Everyday should be special.

Hmm, I take it that you don't celebrate Valentine's Day either. :D
Hehe, I'm sure you buy her something for her birthday and all the other holiday. <3+<3

Romantic-Valentines-Day19.png

Rock

Level 1
Swordsman
Wanderer
Hmm, I take it that you don't celebrate Valentine's Day either. :D
Hehe, I'm sure you buy her something for her birthday and all the other holiday. <3+<3

View attachment 980

Well I buy my wife stuff, just not on valentines day. If I do, its because I want to and not because its Valentines day. I shouldn't have to get her stuff just because its Valentines day.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Well I buy my wife stuff, just not on valentines day. If I do, its because I want to and not because its Valentines day. I shouldn't have to get her stuff just because its Valentines day.

That is nice, I don't usually get stuff for my boyfriend either, but I always buy stuff for my parents because they only accept gifts on holiday. :)

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Thanks everyone for participating and giving in your inputs. I'm a big sucker for pretty stuff so Valentine's Day is something great for me to enjoy in the month of February. Having to wake up morning til night time, working and studying in America, it's just nice to have a holiday to enjoy seeing and hearing. The laugher and being able to spend time with friends on a nice dinner night out is something to look forward to from many long days of work. Most of my circle of people likes to celebrate every holiday so it's been a trend here for me. They all work and just love to be out for any reason given. :D I don't mean to offense anybody on their love perspective beliefs. I will always love my parents and love ones whether it's Valentine's Day or not, it's just a day I like to go out and do things with the friends since they all work and enjoying the night out is what we Los Angeles people likes to do. ( of course not every Los Angeles people) :)

teddy-bear-valentines-day-wallpaper-82.jpg

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
Thanks everyone for participating and giving in your inputs. I'm a big sucker for pretty stuff so Valentine's Day is something great for me to enjoy in the month of February. Having to wake up morning til night time, working and studying in America, it's just nice to have a holiday to enjoy seeing and hearing. The laugher and being able to spend time with friends on a nice dinner night out is something to look forward to from many long days of work. Most of my circle of people likes to celebrate every holiday so it's been a trend here for me. They all work and just love to be out for any reason given. :D I don't mean to offense anybody on their love perspective beliefs. I will always love my parents and love ones whether it's Valentine's Day or not, it's just a day I like to go out and do things with the friends since they all work and enjoying the night out is what we Los Angeles people likes to do. ( of course not every Los Angeles people) :)

View attachment 981

I rarely celebrate it, maybe because i grew up in different environment..
But I do feel the same way as you on the Valentine`s day, Hunnie dear.

Valentine’s-Day-Card-9.jpg

Last edited: