Transformers: Age Of Extinction

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Saw this today. So far it's the worst of the Transformers movies. Some scenes are repeated from previous Transformers movies. Actually the whole movie feels like a repeat. I know that Transformers 1-3 were long, close to 3 hours but they were interesting (the 2nd not so much). But this 4th installment just feels like a drag. There are lots of explosions but like the other transformers movies, the camera moves too quickly to really see anything. Toward the end I didn't really care what's going on anymore. I'd would give this movie a 3/10.

believe

Commoner
Wanderer
Three out of 10???? Damn, that's like sayin gthat the movie is terrible. Is that how you feel?

I won't call myself a Transformers fan, but more of an action movie fan. I also think Michael Bay is quite a popular director, while at the same time, I can see how his repetitiveness in his movie making style could bore some people. It's the same shit - he increases the intensity with the camera work. You can probably recognize the swirling in camera work when a new character rises from wherever it came from. And then, a slight slow motion to it, to tell the audience that this particular character is of some kind of importance.

Bottom line, I still can't see how it's a 3/10. What did you think of the ones before? How did you rate it?

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
I wanted to see the new Transformers but never had the chance. I think I'll pass and wait for the DVDs. I'm not really a fan of Michael Bay's work but I'll still go see the new ninja turtle movie produced by him, although with the lowest expectation.

believe

Commoner
Wanderer
I am actually an MB fan. I loved his older movies - Armageddon, Pearl Harbor, and The Island (one of my top 3 movies of all time btw :D).

I grew up with TMNT, but I'm skeptical of the movie. I got a feeling they're going to destroy its originality.

Since you might go see the movie, how about come back on this site and give us a review?

believe

Commoner
Wanderer
Now, I think of it, it seems like all the movies I like were all of his old movies. Maybe he's gotten old, lost his touch, and a will to make awesome movies????

Damn, your 3/10 could be legit.

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Bottom line, I still can't see how it's a 3/10. What did you think of the ones before? How did you rate it?
I would rate the others as follows:
1st: 8.5
2nd: 5/10
3rd: 7/10

This 4th one has good concept, having the humans turn on the Autobots, but the way it's executed made it repetitive. I enjoyed the first hour of the movie but the rest was like watching bits and pieces of the other Transformers movies just with different people. The last hour was pure action but it was way too long, man. I guess I would have liked it more if I hadn't seen the other movies.

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
I am actually an MB fan. I loved his older movies - Armageddon, Pearl Harbor, and The Island (one of my top 3 movies of all time btw :D).

I grew up with TMNT, but I'm skeptical of the movie. I got a feeling they're going to destroy its originality.

Since you might go see the movie, how about come back on this site and give us a review?

I read several reviews on the new TMNT, so far quite bad -- so I'm reconsidering going to see it heh. But if I do go see it, I'll put a small review up. :D

Jaxa4786

Commoner
Wanderer
Is a good movie or not? I dont want to waste my time watching movie that suck.

Okhmer

Commoner
I thought it is quite good actually.... It shows normal tense relationship between father & a grown up daughter... Agreed with Hamster first 1hr was pretty funny I guess we are just being spoiled with too many actions these days that there is no element of surprise at all but not that bad though....