Tough Guys

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I aint worry. I got a plan. Make money and be happy not expecting things to be a fairy tale. See, I can tell you're an awesome girl, but how many girls I run into that are awesome, got a good head on their shoulder, pretty, and humble? Not a lot man. My greed will always be the reason I get up everyday and it fulfills me enough that I'm not worried about finding true love, I got a girl that I love deeply enough. I"m not crazy in love with her and I love it cause I can keep a clear head and focus on things. I know I sounds crazy but I"m telling you the truth. I don't give a damn about love. I care about net worth haha....I dont care about famous or rich man....I only care about waking up everyday knowing I'm true to myself. I wish I was normal though but I'm not I dont think I can ever be.

I do wish I can be somehow like you though. At least on the relationship part. I don't like loving someone more. You get hurts more. I wish I would go with someone that loves me more than I would love him. I tends to do more for the guys and it sucks because I like to be selfish and do more for myself. Thinking of the other person more is stressful. If something goes wrong, it's hard to let go. Finding true love is like a tease because I don't think any love is balance enough. Someone will always sacrifice more in the relationship. I will only see true love in the Chinese series. :)

I do wish I can be somehow like you though. At least on the relationship part. I don't like loving someone more. You get hurts more. I wish I would go with someone that loves me more than I would love him. I tends to do more for the guys and it sucks because I like to be selfish and do more for myself. Thinking of the other person more is stressful. If something goes wrong, it's hard to let go. Finding true love is like a tease because I don't think any love is balance enough. Someone will always sacrifice more in the relationship. I will only see true love in the Chinese series. :)
Trust me, you get hurt bad enough you'll end up like me, heartless and self-serving, always putting yourself first above all else you feel like you owe it to yourself that much and more. That's how I feel. I been caring about other people all my life and it aint worth it man. Love yourself, protect yourself, trust yourself, be true to yourself, I live by that everyday and i'm unrelentless about it. It's a great feeling and give me a lot of freedom.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
You're learning.

I guess after thinking it over, both don't have to be in love for it to be true love. It just need one person to do the sacrifice. True love only need to be from one person to another. Does the definition of true love has to be meant for both?

I guess after thinking it over, both don't have to be in love for it to be true love. It just need one person to do the sacrifice. True love only need to be from one person to another. Does the definition of true love has to be meant for both?
You can truly love someone and but the other person doesn't always return it back. I think people would called that unrequited love, not true love though. But I aint no Dr. Phil alright.

Last edited:

iampheng

Commoner
Being a tough man is different from being an aggressive man, in my opinion. Personally, I don't care for either. lol What you've described in how you want to look like sounds like being a fit and masculine man, which IS attractive. I am not the type to develop unrequited love for others because I only like people who like me first - or else why bother? I'm not the pursuing type is what I am saying lol

Also, it was discussed earlier if men and women can be friends - this has been possible for me with male friends who are deeply in love with their significant others, but not possible for men who are single and actively looking themselves. It is also not in my character to desire someone that is happily involved with another person. It bothers me (not to a great extent, but somewhat) when a guy that has stylized himself as my friend (and has acted the part) all the sudden starts flirting - it is better to be transparent from the beginning - that they want to get to know the other person (me) to decide if other things are possible.

I think there can be great pleasure in loving someone more because if you truly love someone then who loves more than who is of little importance.

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
I am not the type to develop unrequited love for others because I only like people who like me first - or else why bother? It bothers me (not to a great extent, but somewhat) when a guy that has stylized himself as my friend (and has acted the part) all the sudden starts flirting - it is better to be transparent from the beginning - that they want to get to know the other person (me) to decide if other things are possible.
But you've had a crush on someone before, right? :) Sometimes we fall in love unintentionally. We originally wanted to be just friends and had every intention of staying that way, but as time past we started to notice something that was oblivious to us before. That's what happened to me toward a friend of mine. But I didn't let my feelings get in the way of our friendship.

iampheng

Commoner
It is actually hard to catch my lasting attention. To be sure, if someone is attractive, I notice them right away because I appreciate good looks in men and women. However, as far as having a crush on someone, I need to like and respect that person as a human being first and not just someone I know fleetingly.

It is true that we fall in love unintentionally, but unfortunately, that's not me yet LOL and not love, at least not in my world. People are different.

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
I've never met anyone like you before, you're a first, iampheng. BTW, how is "pheng" pronounced?

Pheng is awesome. She's young, educated, and kind. Best of all, she's Khmer. I like Pheng way more than Laura Man, not that I care to dislike Laura, I'm actually proud of any Khmer person that can rise above all the problems we had to face. I love how she can write like a college professor. The way she put her thoughts together with words, it's absolutely brilliant. Pheng is a little cocky though but that's okay, I find that sexy.

Pheng, you should let yourself fall in love, unintentionally. Love shouldn't be about social status or compatibility cause that is some serious stuff to be concerned about. Love shouldn't be so serious, it should be about having lots of fun and enjoying your short time here on Earth with someone that makes you feel like you never felt before. Love is one of the greatest human emotions, its up there with success and wealth.

The ph is sound like f so I always thought pheng is pronounced "feng."

Pheng, do you fare well in science? I'm really strong in the field of physics, math, chemistry, biology, but I'm average when it comes to english, sociology, history, literature, music, and art. None of those things can interest me. I"m strictly a left-brain person during my formative years but in recent years, I have become more interested in improving my right brain dominance, especially my ability to relate to others so I can be a better boyfriend and be more sociable. Me and my therapist were working on heart-mind integration before I stopped seeing her. Do you have any knowledge on psychology, especially on cognitive behavior therapy?

Because of each gender's evolutionary history, woman tend to be more right-brain dominant, therefore a greater number of them excel in english and literature. Men excel more in physical sports and in math and science.

Pheng, what are your favorite books/authors? You seem to be a contemporary reader. I love to read 20th century American Literature, my favorite novelist is Hemmingway. What do you love reading?

Last edited:

iampheng

Commoner
I've never met anyone like you before, you're a first, iampheng. BTW, how is "pheng" pronounced?

My last name is pronounced "pie-ng" - it's very Khmer :) but ppl pronounce it "penh-ng" which then makes it sounds...well like nothing.

iampheng

Commoner
HAHAHA Happy! I'm cocky on purpose so people don't think they can take advantage of me. I am actually a quiet person, I hate getting into arguments with people and I hate raising my voice - but I do it when necessary. When you are Asian, male or female people like to test your boundaries. When you are Khmer, or any Southeast Asian, people like to test your boundaries even more!!

Oh happy....science and math are my worst subjects...lol like I'm shamefully bad at them. Out of 31 students, I'm usually #31 (not proud to admit). My best subjects are English, reading...and well writing..lol I'm bad at music and art too...and I don't know anything about cognitive psychology. In fact, I only know my field. I sound well-educated because I am trained well - if one is persistent and actually has supportive people like parents and teachers around them, it's possible - I'm just a poor kid from a working class family and grew up in a bad neighborhood. But let's be real, how many of Khmer people in our generation are not like that? I'm not naturally exceptional by any means - just lucky. We're Khmer people, we should stick together, but this is rare and hard to do as we tend to compete with one another. But I still have hope!!

I am definitely a reader but I don't have a favorite genre, I read everything that seems interesting, even textbooks. But lately I read a lot more non-fiction, like self-help books HAHA!

HAHAHA Happy! I'm cocky on purpose so people don't think they can take advantage of me. I am actually a quiet person, I hate getting into arguments with people and I hate raising my voice - but I do it when necessary. When you are Asian, male or female people like to test your boundaries. When you are Khmer, or any Southeast Asian, people like to test your boundaries even more!!

Oh happy....science and math are my worst subjects...lol like I'm shamefully bad at them. Out of 31 students, I'm usually #31 (not proud to admit). My best subjects are English, reading...and well writing..lol I'm bad at music and art too...and I don't know anything about cognitive psychology. In fact, I only know my field. I sound well-educated because I am trained well - if one is persistent and actually has supportive people like parents and teachers around them, it's possible - I'm just a poor kid from a working class family and grew up in a bad neighborhood. But let's be real, how many of Khmer people in our generation are not like that? I'm not naturally exceptional by any means - just lucky. We're Khmer people, we should stick together, but this is rare and hard to do as we tend to compete with one another. But I still have hope!!

I am definitely a reader but I don't have a favorite genre, I read everything that seems interesting, even textbooks. But lately I read a lot more non-fiction, like self-help books HAHA!
You should read Emotional Intellgience and MindSight since you are into self-helps, such as myself. They are written by the same author. I think he went to Harvard.

Last edited:
When you are Asian, male or female people like to test your boundaries. When you are Khmer, or any Southeast Asian, people like to test your boundaries even more!!

So true. I hate it when people say things to me like, "At least I'm not Cambodian" or "Damn you're so dark, Alex." I just hate it when people try to put you down cause their life isn't going so well.

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
You sound just like me. ;) Are you by chance related to our high-scoring gamer pheng?

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
I hate it when people say things to me like, "At least I'm not Cambodian" or "Damn you're so dark, Alex." I just hate it when people try to put you down cause their life isn't going so well.
Your English name is Alex? Didn't know that. So people actually think that being Cambodian is an undesirable thing. I had no idea.

Your English name is Alex? Didn't know that.
lolz ...well my english name aint Happy, that's for sure.
So people actually think that being Cambodian is an undesirable thing. I had no idea.
It happens a lot in Tacoma, Wa where there's a lot of poor Cambodians. Funny things is, all the Asians there are poor, even a good population of the whites and blacks. Tacoma is a major city, but its very old but unlike Seattle, Tacoma's is in economic decline. The upper class is from old money. There's barely any job growth. Its like Detroit but not as severe. Koreans however are thriving in Tacoma - there' s a Korean Town there, on Bridgeport. Basically, a lot of ghetto people in general so they feel like they have to put down others. Tacoma's so ghetto dude, all the people that are poor there, they all act like animals. The funny thing is, because of the economic situation, the real estate there is extremely affordable. You can buy a home in the Tacoma/Spanaway area for less than 250,000k, the same home would cost a million dollars in Uptown/Downtown Seattle lolz. Especially in the Phinney area, real estate there is pretty much un-affordable for the working class. That's the only good thing about that city. I don't see a lot of homeless there though, but there's hella where I live cause I live close to a few meth clinic that gives out needles and methadone to patients. I get a lot of "sir, can you spare some change."

You're lucky that you weren't expose to that Hamster. I actually think Khmer people are awesome and its awesome to be Khmer, on my good happy days at least lol.

Last edited:

iampheng

Commoner
I'm not related to any high scoring gamer...I am not even sure what that means lol

Yeah...I experienced the same thing as happy. Lotsa people did not want to be mistaken for Cambodian when I was growing up too...still the same.

iampheng said:
I'm not related to any high scoring gamer...I am not even sure what that means lol

Yeah...I experienced the same thing as happy. Lotsa people did not want to be mistaken for Cambodian when I was growing up too...still the same.
Happy said:
I really don't like people - seriously. If people are kind to me then they earn my kindness in return. I learned that people who test other's boundaries don't like it when I do the same to them. I do have a very mean side that I only use as a last resort.