September 2014 Data Contest

Ash

Admin
Admin
Welcome to September data entry contest! Rules & settings will be repeated from last month's contest. Points from previous month will be reset and contest will start today. :)

Requirements
Khmer forums members only.

Prizes
1st Place: $100
2nd Place: $60
3rd Place: $35
4th Place to 6th Place: $20 (Must reach 350 Points)

Scoring
Movie/Drama: 30 Points
Actors/Actresses: 15 Points
Videos: 10 Points

Ash

Admin
Admin
I don't see a September data thread so I'm leaving the issue here.

Some actors are not showing up when data on them is already completed. I know I did data on that actor before, when attempting to data that same actor, it does show the number 2 next to their name. But their profile still doesn't show up leaving their name showing up in additional cast instead. Not sure if its just temporary or a permanent bug.

He won't show up.
http://www.dramatrailers.com/actors/wang-jian-guo-2/

This is the drama,
http://www.dramatrailers.com/dramas/sword-stained-with-royal-blood/

Thank you for pointing it u, & it is not permanent. Last night I made an update to the code; everyone will likely experience a few bugs the next couple weeks.

Ash

Admin
Admin
As pointed out, the dashboard is extremely slow if you are viewing the actors, actresses, albums, and etc. The author of the plugin I've used hasn't been updating it, & I have already invested in over 1,000 lines of codes on top of it. I will be finding an alternate way and redo my coding.

What the plugin does is create thousands of relationships (between dramas and actors) entered by our contributors. An actor added on a drama page will automatically get updated on the actor page, and vice versa. After thousands of posts created, this plugin seems to be eating up a lot of resources and slowing down. However, the front page is cached, & not greatly affected.

I will be finding an alternate solution and you might see several temporary bugs in the next couple of weeks. Your data will not be affected throughout this process. :)

Last edited:

Ash

Admin
Admin
On an unrelated note, credit system has been added to Merlkon & Khmer Ave:

A video: 10 Points

*Note: Duplicate albums or series will not be counted. Points will be deducted.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Thank you for pointing it u, & it is not permanent. Last night I made an update to the code; everyone will likely experience a few bugs the next couple weeks.

Thanks for the fast respond bong. I will work my way around it.

I also wanted to let you know that some actor does not show up on search, for example, that same actor is one of them.

Ash

Admin
Admin
Although I have introduced the addition of points on video posts, I have never stated the requirements. Do not worry if you have already posted the videos. Good work so far on everything.

1. Currently, video (trailer, opening & ending theme) should only be added when there is an existing movie or drama for it. That way, you can link them together. Example how video and movie link:

Notice the automatic Movie Page & Cast info
http://www.dramatrailers.com/videos/the-monkey-king-2014/

Notice the video trailer icon next to the poster
http://www.dramatrailers.com/movies/the-monkey-king-2014/

2. Our website presentation is important to us in order to compete with the others. If you can, please use only HD videos, or at least 480p, on new movies & dramas. Exception for old movies & dramas over 10 years old.

3. Video images are all in landscape size (unlike others where we use tall poster size). Use only proportional images; avoid using stretched or distorted images throughout the site.

Many thanks to all contributors participating!

Last edited:

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Thanks for the update on the video requirement bong.

I post up new drama yesterday and notice many of the actor/actress are not showing up for cast, but instead showing up as additional cast. Some are already added by other member but show as not added. I will leave those cast blank until the issue is fix since many of the cast search are not coming up either.

Ash

Admin
Admin
The bug was a result of removing my original codes (due to server performance), which unlink the relationship between actors/actresses and movies/dramas. I will temporarily use the old codes again to fix this bug tonight.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
The bug was a result of removing my original codes (due to server performance), which unlink the relationship between actors/actresses and movies/dramas. I will temporarily use the old codes again to fix this bug tonight.

Thanks bong. I tried not to bug you but I didn't think theary would be able to fix the drama trailer issue yet.

Reactions: Ash

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
Although I have introduced the addition of points on video posts, I have never stated the requirements. Do not worry if you have already posted the videos. Good work so far on everything.

1. Currently, video (trailer, opening & ending theme) should only be added when there is an existing movie or drama for it. That way, you can link them together. Example how video and movie link:

Notice the automatic Movie Page & Cast info
http://www.dramatrailers.com/videos/the-monkey-king-2014/

Notice the video trailer icon next to the poster
http://www.dramatrailers.com/movies/the-monkey-king-2014/

2. Our website presentation is important to us in order to compete with the others. If you can, please use only HD videos, or at least 480p, on new movies & dramas. Exception for old movies & dramas over 10 years old.

3. Video images are all in landscape size (unlike others where we use tall poster size). Use only proportional images; avoid using stretched or distorted images throughout the site.

Many thanks to all contributors participating!
Bong pross Ash,

How can paoun link Trailer to Existing Drama?
Based on your code, it seems like I need to keep the same title name to be able for them to link ?
Is it support only Youtube code, bong?

Ash

Admin
Admin
Bong pross Ash,

How can paoun link Trailer to Existing Drama?
Based on your code, it seems like I need to keep the same title name to be able for them to link ?
Is it support only Youtube code, bong?

There's a drama box on the right side, under video categories, where you can type the name of the dramas to link. It will list existing dramas once you start typing. Everyone can do that for now.

But just in case if my coding changes in the next couple weeks, it's best to name your titles like these:

Trailers Examples:

The Monkey King 2014 Trailer
Blade Man Trailer

Opening or Ending Theme examples:

Journey to the West 1996 Opening Theme
Journey to the West 1996 Ending Theme

This will allow the system to automatically link in the future. Everyone has done a great job at Drama Trailers, especially Theary, Hunnie, & chenna!

The system supports most video codes the same way as Khmer Ave. :)

Ash

Admin
Admin
Thanks bong. I tried not to bug you but I didn't think theary would be able to fix the drama trailer issue yet.

No problem since I am the only want that can fix the code right now. I might be away but I'll try to stop by at least once a day. :)

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
There's a drama box on the right side, under video categories, where you can type the name of the dramas to link. It will list existing dramas once you start typing. Everyone can do that for now.

But just in case if my coding changes in the next couple weeks, it's best to name your titles like these:

Trailers Examples:

The Monkey King 2014 Trailer
Blade Man Trailer

Opening or Ending Theme examples:

Journey to the West 1996 Opening Theme
Journey to the West 1996 Ending Theme

This will allow the system to automatically link in the future. Everyone has done a great job at Drama Trailers, especially Theary, Hunnie, & chenna!

The system supports most video codes the same way as Khmer Ave. :)

I have question bong. How do we know which drama trailers/theme has already been worked on? Is there a section that will list it or keep track? Is there a section/tab for video clip?

Last edited:

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
So far, I can view them added trailers from the video tab to see what has been added, but was wondering if there is an easier way?

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
So far, I can view them added trailers from the video tab to see what has been added, but was wondering if there is an easier way?

Okay, I guess best way is to view the drama page itself and look for the Video Trailer and
music-icon.png
Opening Theme icon on the page.

Ash

Admin
Admin
Two major bugs have been fixed during the last few days:

1. Object errors
2. Existing actors listed under additional casts (glitch occurs when entering actor names with extra spaces at the end)

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP