Papaya Salad

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Eating papaya salad right now. Yes, I eat the cabbage too, everything, even the peanuts. I don't waste good food. I'm a meat and a veggies person, I'm open to healthy food. I took this with my Iphone, just for Happy. He loves papaya salad. :)

I have no time to make the picture superb because I'm hungry. :D
image.jpg

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Eating papaya salad right now. Yes, I eat the cabbage too, everything, even the peanuts. I don't waste good food. I'm a meat and a veggies person, I'm open to healthy food. I took this with my Iphone, just for Happy. He loves papaya salad. :)

View attachment 2867
I didn't know you add cabbage in papaya salad. I like to eat papayas salad as long there is no fish sauce and raw crabs. I know it is the base of it. But I just got allergic to it

Bluebird

View attachment 2867
Looks tasty!!!, next time when you have papaya salad; don't forget the grilled dried squid or cuttlefish.
Try it, you might like the combination, Hunnie.(y)

samimi

Commoner
I hâte spicy dishes but eating a papaya salad without that is impossible !! It has to be hot and spicy !!
I am very hungry now !

lovepink

Commoner
I hâte spicy dishes but eating a papaya salad without that is impossible !! It has to be hot and spicy !!
I am very hungry now !

I like mine to be hot and spicy too. The ratio of papaya and tomatoes has to be the same for me though.

lovepink

Commoner
Looks tasty!!!, next time when you have papaya salad; don't forget the grilled dried squid or cuttlefish.
Try it, you might like the combination, Hunnie.(y)

You should also try it with chicken or beef kabobs. That taste good too. But for me I just usually eat them with plain hot rice. I like that combination of cold food and freshly cooked hot rice.

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
here how i like mind..hehehe
dc60a230a832d605ac7a9f473f2ea440.jpg

bamboo

Commoner
Papaya salad is one of my favorite...love it with chicken and sticky rice. My mom likes to add green beans in hers and sometimes even mango.

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
You guys talk so much about papaya salad that I decide to try to make some this week. Which I never make before my entire life. It would be very interesting how it would turn out. I think my version won't be that traditional version. Since I won't put any fish sauce.

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
How did your papaya salad turn out Mrredblueberry without the fish sauce?
I didn't get a chance to make it yet. I was tried to do it this past week end but the store didn't have the pre-shred papaya anymore. I didn't want to buy the whole one it will be too much and I don't know what to do with it with the left over. But I am going to try this week end if I get some pre-shred one. I will let you know how it will turn out. I never made one ever my entire life. This is my first time ever to do it so I am kind exciting about it.

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Ok guys, I finally made my first time papaya salad today. My own version. Since I cannot eat fish sauce and other raw salty stuffs in it. I substitute with salt and it turned pretty good for someone who never made it before. I am thinking to put like beef jerky instead of dry shrimps next time since I cannot eat dry shrimp. That sound pretty interesting.

Ok guys, I finally made my first time papaya salad today. My own version. Since I cannot eat fish sauce and other raw salty stuffs in it. I substitute with salt and it turned pretty good for someone who never made it before. I am thinking to put like beef jerky instead of dry shrimps next time since I cannot eat dry shrimp. That sound pretty interesting.
I've given up on making papaya salad. I buy mines then I add extra papaya when it runs out. :D

KIMSAN

Commoner
We can make another kind of papaya salad:shredded papaya.cooked and sliced pork(fresh bacon,not processed),crushed dried shrimp(or no),crushed roasted peanut(don't have to,if allergic),fresh sweet basil and mint leaves,fish sauce(or no),salt,vinegar,sugar,fresh galic(chopped),msg(or no).Every is going by your own taste,you like it sweet,then, add a little bit sugar,you like it sour,then,add a little bit more vinegar,and finally hot chilly sauce as much as you like.
Enjoy!

Last edited: