Chess Theory

Vannak

Commoner
I definitely blunder a lot in 10 minute chess as you can see. You should try playing some long games like the 2 hour for 40 move tournaments. It will give you time to make up plans instead of just reacting.

@ Yeah I'm a reacting kind of player. I rarely plan ahead, good game boss. Tomorrow, if you like to play, I will definitely be more serious about it. How many games do you want to play tmr so I can prep up. I can do three 10 minutes game, eh? Today, I was ill prepared for the extra games.

I like to play blitz chess, as they call it.

Last edited:

Vannak

Commoner
We could try to play on another platform with more time next time and do some commentary and analysis for the board.

It would help you get more aggressive. It might help me blunder less with more time too! =D

We could try to play on another platform with more time next time and do some commentary and analysis for the board.

It would help you get more aggressive. It might help me blunder less with more time too! =D
We try out chesscube for longer time control.

I gotta get to things, I catch you tmr morning. Great job today. I was hoping for more of a challenge, in spite of losing 2 out of 3, I enjoyed it. :) These morning games help me stay stimulated, I hope you'll stick around for more. I want it to be apart of my morning routine. hehe

By the way, blundering is bad, you should work on it, I know, cause I blunder a lot on days when I have poor focus.

Last edited:
Next time we play, I'll try to prevent you from reaching end game but make sure I'll have a piece advantage, hehe. Also, I will destroy your pawns.

Vannak

Commoner
You're right! I do lose focus pretty fast sometimes. We definitely should try chess cube for 15 minute games. I can play a best of 3 tomorrow.

Ok, be prep for 3 games, @ the current site. Let me know when you are ready to join chesscube. There's a learning curve to the site, I suggest you learn to navigate through it on your spare time, maybe get use to the community. It used to be free but now they started charging a small fee if you want to play unlimited number of games. But they'll give you about 20 free games a day. It's also a "gambling" site where you play for "cubits" which you can then cash out for actual currency. Very competitive players there.

My five dollars will usually get me a few hundreds games or so, If I don't wager a lot of "cubits." Here's how it works, five dollars will get you, about 5000 cubits. Each game, they charge you 15 cubits to play, win or lose. You can choose to wager more cubits on top of that.

Approx 5000 cubits @ 15 cubits per game will yield about 330 games. Just a heads up so you don't freak out. The system isn't all too bad. Before, the entire site was free but they want a return on their investment. There's also an online store you can purchase videos and other chess-related items. The only qualm I have is that the site doesn't offer a tactics trainer.

I'm a little tired of playing on the site, so I prefer the one where using. Chesscube is worth a shot since you prefer 15 minutes games to allow more time to think. Just let me know when you're set up there, is all.

Chesscube has real time chat, nice.

Last edited:

Vannak

Commoner
I signed up for Chesscube - cvannak is my sn.

I don't see where the chat feature would be but I played 3 cubit games. I don't like that your rating goes up so slowly when you're new.

I signed up for Chesscube - cvannak is my sn.

I don't see where the chat feature would be but I played 3 cubit games. I don't like that your rating goes up so slowly when you're new.
I think you have to verify your email to enable chat feature. In order to increase your ratings quickly, you have to win against high rated players. I seen it done by a few players. They can go from 1500 to 2000 in one day. Not easy though, in my book at least.

I have a few sn there.

Lately, I been on this one: move_last

Ok, I added you, just have to click "accept."

Vannak, refresh your browser. I can't see you on my buddy list, therefore, I cannot play with you.

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
I played against the computer today and guess what? It does the moves you guys talked about, the center pawns and horses. Computer beat me still but I think I improved.

I played against the computer today and guess what? It does the moves you guys talked about, the center pawns and horses. Computer beat me still but I think I improved.
We should play more often, for fun man..

btw, Vannak is a great chess player, I watched him played a few games. We're totally different chess players, cause we good on different time control.

Vannak

Commoner
Oh you can watch people? Did you watch before or after I started blundering? I think I tried to put in way too many games yesterday.

Oh you can watch people? Did you watch before or after I started blundering? I think I tried to put in way too many games yesterday.
I watched before and during. You are very good at 15 minute time control. I can't play 15 min games at all to be honest. I play the 5 minute games. But now I know your style, hehe. You like to know exactly what you are gonna do!

@ Vannak

I can't see you on my buddly list though, until then, I can't challenge you to a game. Have you tried refreshing your browser, cleaning out your cookies?

Verify your email too.

nvm, the system has updated

I watched before and during. You are very good at 15 minute time control. I can't play 15 min games at all to be honest. I play the 5 minute games. But now I know your style, hehe. You like to know exactly what you are gonna do!

@ yeah, on the spectator tab, you can see who's watching and on the game tab, you can see who's typing.

Vannak

Commoner
You have my style wrong. I am just a very slow thinker and like to analyze things out but you can't do that in shorter time control.

I use to play slow tournaments in real life where you get 2 hours for 40 moves then 1 hour additional after that. It gives you a lot of time to devise a plan and play good chess but it's very mentally exhausting.