Cambodia Pm Says Work On Mega-dam Will Not Start Until 2018

Marvelous

Commoner
PHNOM PENH, Cambodia (AP) — Construction of a massive dam in southwestern Cambodia will not start until at least 2018, Prime Minister Hun Sen said Tuesday, in an apparent effort to stop heavy opposition to the project which has focused criticism on him.

Hun Sen's comments came a day after Spanish activist Alex Gonzalez-Davidson, who had campaigned against the dam, was deported for overstaying his visa.

Click t;he link below to read all about it.
http://news.yahoo.com/cambodia-deports-outspoken-spanish-activist-043603862.html

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
Someone was commenting, "he rather believe a kid's word then the words came out from Hun Sen. Totally Agree. This guy all he wants is to make profit and doesn't care about the nature. Look at now if those who ever visited srok Khmer, there's no tree, well, very very few.

Marvelous

Commoner
Someone was commenting, "he rather believe a kid's word then the words came out from Hun Sen. Totally Agree. This guy all he wants is to make profit and doesn't care about the nature. Look at now if those who ever visited srok Khmer, there's no tree, well, very very few.
Well it is hard to spend a day in Cambodia and not put money in Hun Sen's bank account. Per my understanding Hun Sen is one of the richest man on earth.

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
Well it is hard to spend a day in Cambodia and not put money in Hun Sen's bank account. Per my understanding Hun Sen is one of the richest man on earth.

damn right he is. He's making more than US President and richer than those who public in Forbe including all their 401k and other investment. Real Cash :)

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
His kid get almost a 1M dollar allowance from those illegal "Tree Cutter" mfg. But damn, y i have no connection to know his family hehhehe.. maybe i get some since ,if, im their buddy :)

Marvelous

Commoner
I don't think I want to know his family because you have to be able to provide to be part of their circle. I have a friend who is a friend of one of his daughter, and when I was there a few years ago, my friend making an arrangement to go somewhere with his daughter and I refuse. I don't want to feel like walking on thin ice. One of his daughter was getting married when I was there, and some of my relative have to attend her wedding, and the wedding gift her was a key to the Lexus. They said she had a tray full of car keys as the wedding gift.

believe

Commoner
Wanderer
I don't think I want to know his family because you have to be able to provide to be part of their circle. I have a friend who is a friend of one of his daughter, and when I was there a few years ago, my friend making an arrangement to go somewhere with his daughter and I refuse. I don't want to feel like walking on thin ice. One of his daughter was getting married when I was there, and some of my relative have to attend her wedding, and the wedding gift her was a key to the Lexus. They said she had a tray full of car keys as the wedding gift.

God damn it! It's already bad enough seeing billboards and picket signs with pictures of him and his CPP cronies EVERYWHERE all over Cambodia. :rage: