Man May Be Deported To Cambodia Before He Can Give His Brother A Kidney

Marvelous

Commoner
A man being held in the Northwest Detention Center in Tacoma could help save his brother’s life by giving him a kidney.

But that won’t happen if the U.S. goes forward with plans to deport the man to Cambodia, a country he left as a baby. The case shines a light on what some consider the U.S.'s overly harsh deportation policies.

The Only One 'Who Can Provide Me The Kidney'

Touch Hak was picked up by U.S. immigration agents a few weeks ago and taken to the federal detention center in Tacoma. About 40 former Cambodian refugees are being held in the detention center, the first stop on the way to deportation to Cambodia.

Meanwhile, Hak’s brother in California, Puthy Hak, who’s been on kidney dialysis for the past year and a half, has been told he needs a kidney transplant. Puthy says his younger brother is the perfect match.

“I need a donor for the kidney, and only him [is] the one who can provide me the kidney,” said Puthy, who works as a supervisor at a machine shop in Orange County, California.

'It's Like Someone Pulled My Heart Away'

But Puthy says beyond his own health concerns, he and his parents are beside themselves over the pending deportation because of what it will do to the family.

“I don’t think it’s right to send him over there and the whole family [is] over here, so it kind of like, it kind of breaks us apart. It’s like someone pulled my heart away from me or something,” he said.

This is old news, dear. The law is really fucked up now, its ethic cleansing what the US govt is doing.
Unfortunately, this is sociopathy in action and human nature at it's worse.
Next time when you see a successful person, or a powerful person, think, is this person a good person?
Not all doctor care about their patients, get my drift?

Are you the man in the news? :p
Fortunately no. I could just as well been or been dead already. I do count my lucky stars when I wake up everyday, given what I seen and survived. I know the struggle. I know how fuck up life can get and when ur down in the dump, nobody wants anything to do with you. If anything I'm just unlucky enough to experience severe adversity and lucky enough to be here chatting with you. But no, I Def made it pass the poverty mark, no longer trapped, and I Def know human character. I can decipher anyone I come across.

The hidden agenda in all this is economics and paranoia among the american people. The boot of society is being unjustly punished for political reasons, politics asians minorities had no role in. We're just pawns to the lawmakers in washington.

I do questions these so called higher life forms, these very evil people. Money - root of all evil. It's arrogrance. First it was Black, right? Then the Chinese, then Mexicans, now SE Asians. Dont forget, before all this, it's was the Native Americans. Do u read american history and civil rights? It took black folks 200 years to get one half negro to the white house.

Let me tell you, in the area where I lived, there's still a sense of entitlement. Minorities still get paid a few dollars less per hours than whites and have to work twice as harder. Did you know, Im being charge an extra 50 dollars a month in parking because I'm a minority that drives a benz? I have to pay them an extra 600 a year, for being a successful Asian. This is actually the last month that I will be parking there. I would rather park my car @ the university and walk back to my apartment then to stand up for it. My landlady's from the 60s. She still believe that she can get away with it. Basically, there are still white people out there that thinks most minorities are shits and can't compare to them. But we always beat them in math and science.

Do you know what most people my age do here? Look for sex. There's only a few people here that are career focused - the medical interns. The rest just work conventional job and go on dates. Yet they have this sense of entitlement about them, like they are more better than any other race just cause its their country. I get that. This is country that belongs to Americans, white americans. So I dont complain about that.

But damn, this law is just harsh and injustice to the poor people. Now they are being treated like dogs. Its not just charging me an extra 50 dollars a month or following me when I take my dog out to shit and my only crime is being brown and wearing a hoodie. They are literally throwing away people and separating families for minor crimes while their white counterparts get away with murder, rape, and whatnot, they get second chances when they get out of prison.

Most americans than been thru colllege, have good jobs, can read and write and talk really well, look good too, I never thought they were smarter than me, cause I understand this concept of injustice and they don't seem to. Not everyone get the opportunity, but it seems everyone gets the same measuring tape to judge on.

The crazy thing is that KOREANS understood this concept. That's what Koreans folks stick to their own kind, created their own economy, and sent all their kids to colleges. I learn this concept from korean people, that we got to stick together as a ethnic group or else you get swallowed by another.

Congrats to all the Asians minorities group or individuals that made it pass all this crap, really. I hope one day I can overcome all this shit that get thrown my way. Associating myself with stupids Khmers def didnt help out. That's why I like it here, yall don't seem stupid. There's a few here that are incredibly bright.

btw, I do see rich asians all the time, in bellevue, mostly likey microsoft employees. There's minorites that made it pass all this political shit :D
But most minorities are still clueless. Yes, our people are being put on the chopping block and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

I met hella Khmers that act high class and treat other khmers like shit because they make 12 dollars an hour to 15 dollars an hour. It gets worse when a Khmer starts making 20 dollars an hour. They start acting like they superstars.

btw, I have no interests in writing, my essays never going to be well-written. I should put more effort.

Every Asian groups needs to follow in the footsteps of Koreans and Chinese people, they are the strongest minority groups. For me its hard, every time I come across a cambodian here in american, I can't believe the ignorance I really don't know what to do except shy away.

Last edited:

believe

Commoner
Wanderer
Fortunately no. I could just as well been or been dead already. I do count my lucky stars when I wake up everyday, given what I seen and survived. I know the struggle. I know how fuck up life can get and when ur down in the dump, nobody wants anything to do with you. If anything I'm just unlucky enough to experience severe adversity and lucky enough to be here chatting with you. But no, I Def made it pass the poverty mark, no longer trapped, and I Def know human character. I can decipher anyone I come across.

The hidden agenda in all this is economics and paranoia among the american people. The boot of society is being unjustly punished for political reasons, politics asians minorities had no role in. We're just pawns to the lawmakers in washington.

I do questions these so called higher life forms, these very evil people. Money - root of all evil. It's arrogrance. First it was Black, right? Then the Chinese, then Mexicans, now SE Asians. Dont forget, before all this, it's was the Native Americans. Do u read american history and civil rights? It took black folks 200 years to get one half negro to the white house.

Let me tell you, in the area where I lived, there's still a sense of entitlement. Minorities still get paid a few dollars less per hours than whites and have to work twice as harder. Did you know, Im being charge an extra 50 dollars a month in parking because I'm a minority that drives a benz? I have to pay them an extra 600 a year, for being a successful Asian. This is actually the last month that I will be parking there. I would rather park my car @ the university and walk back to my apartment then to stand up for it. My landlady's from the 60s. She still believe that she can get away with it. Basically, there are still white people out there that thinks most minorities are shits and can't compare to them. But we always beat them in math and science.

Do you know what most people my age do here? Look for sex. There's only a few people here that are career focused - the medical interns. The rest just work conventional job and go on dates. Yet they have this sense of entitlement about them, like they are more better than any other race just cause its their country. I get that. This is country that belongs to Americans, white americans. So I dont complain about that.

But damn, this law is just harsh and injustice to the poor people. Now they are being treated like dogs. Its not just charging me an extra 50 dollars a month or following me when I take my dog out to shit and my only crime is being brown and wearing a hoodie. They are literally throwing away people and separating families for minor crimes while their white counterparts get away with murder, rape, and whatnot, they get second chances when they get out of prison.

Most americans than been thru colllege, have good jobs, can read and write and talk really well, look good too, I never thought they were smarter than me, cause I understand this concept of injustice and they don't seem to. Not everyone get the opportunity, but it seems everyone gets the same measuring tape to judge on.

The crazy thing is that KOREANS understood this concept. That's what Koreans folks stick to their own kind, created their own economy, and sent all their kids to colleges. I learn this concept from korean people, that we got to stick together as a ethnic group or else you get swallowed by another.

Congrats to all the Asians minorities group or individuals that made it pass all this crap, really. I hope one day I can overcome all this shit that get thrown my way. Associating myself with stupids Khmers def didnt help out. That's why I like it here, yall don't seem stupid. There's a few here that are incredibly bright.

btw, I do see rich asians all the time, in bellevue, mostly likey microsoft employees. There's minorites that made it pass all this political shit :D
But most minorities are still clueless. Yes, our people are being put on the chopping block and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

I met hella Khmers that act high class and treat other khmers like shit because they make 12 dollars an hour to 15 dollars an hour. It gets worse when a Khmer starts making 20 dollars an hour. They start acting like they superstars.

btw, I have no interests in writing, my essays never going to be well-written. I should put more effort.

Every Asian groups needs to follow in the footsteps of Koreans and Chinese people, they are the strongest minority groups. For me its hard, every time I come across a cambodian here in american, I can't believe the ignorance I really don't know what to do except shy away.

let it all out. just let it pour.

have you ever thought about going to a shooting range?

so, you can decipher anybody you come across? what about me? other than the presumptions everyone on KF has about me hating on khmer women, pro-marijuana advocate for the immature, and an addicted sports fanatic, try to make sense of who i am. i dare you. if you get it right, i'll give you all my points HAHA

so, you can decipher anybody you come across? what about me? other than the presumptions everyone on KF has about me hating on khmer women, pro-marijuana advocate for the immature, and an addicted sports fanatic, try to make sense of who i am. i dare you. if you get it right, i'll give you all my points HAHA
The last time I went to a shooting range, I scared people. I'm a sharp shooter. I scared the guy in the counter as well. Im' not comfortable going back.

You have a mastery of language, is all I know so far. Impressive to say the least.
As for character, I'm sure you have your flaws brother. We all do.
You've had a good life, I know that for sure.
You're educated, you have a good job, a good family.
However you are single, I'm going to assume you don't do quite well with the ladies. :(
I could be totally wrong but this is my natural assumption.

Truth of the matter, I know absolutely nothing significant about you, you're pretty new to the forums. You don't divulge personal details the same way as I do. You're just like me buddy, except better. I didn't finish college, you did. I'm a drug addict, you're not. :D

You stay mentally stimulated, your brain is ON. How else do you write such great pieces?
Magic? I don't think so. This is the results of years of hard work, long hours by yourself.

The fact that you're an IT and based on your writing skills, you are proficient in both hemisphere, which is a rare feat in itself, being analytical and creative :D kudos to you sir! I think you're the only one that has been able to do that so far, here in this forum. Even Iampheng admitted she sucked in science, literally, she would be last in her class.

You're an academic, that's established, from your commentary, your writing, you are extremely bright. Which begs the question how did a poor dirty cambodian from long beach who grew up in the ghetto, parents on welfare, come to be a such a scholar? Let me know.

You're frugal, don't drive a nice car, you're empathetic - you have some life experience outside of studying. Maybe you had to work as well as attend college, you seemed humbled. You've taken a lot of creative writing courses, some journalism classes as well, many electives I presumed.

You're extremely busy, you have an active social life. :D You smoke weed, you drink, you like football - all things guy do together. You respects all types of people! Im sure you hang out diverse group of friends. Like I said, you seems downright popular and extremely sociable, yet you are 30s and single. You never talk about woman, gf, ex lover, anything....except you dont like Khmer girls bc they not college educated. So when it comes to intimacy, you need this kind of common ground :D Proves you take education seriously but you don't shove it in people faces :D

Deep down you wish you were Jeremy Lin. You have extensive knowledge of football. I think these sports figure are your hero, someone you worship, dream about. You have family obligations which prolly takes a portion of your time. Maybe you are repaying them back for helping you thru college?

You are either a Stanford or UCLA undergraduate, You have a master degree, most likely some sort of scholarship program. You're one of the few, bro.

You're mostly objective, but you can be biased at times. You enjoy life :D Nothing bothers you.

Believe, you're a real class act :D From our conversations, you're also a bit of a loner. You can attach and detach just like me. I think you are a survivor yourself.

Enough about you, about me: I was depress my whole life the only thing that wakes my mind up was Math and Science :D. That's shit save me, gave me an exit. Now I just want to be able to write like you, hamster, bluebird, rei, I just want to care about language. Expressing stuff was never my strength since I was so depressed and inward most of my life. For the most part, I am an autodidact. I taught myself college algebra in elementary school during a summer while my uncle was attending college, among many other things. I taught myself how to fix cars :D Most importantly, I taught myself how to survive this fuck up life god has given me. I never asked or deserved any of this crap that gets thrown my way but grit my teeth and I move forward. I expect nothing but the best from people and when they fall short, I simply just drop them.

yeah and you also dumb down for people lolz

Last edited:

believe

Commoner
Wanderer
Points transferred.

You are bold ass mofo.(y)

Last edited: