"i Never Asked To Be Born!"

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
This thread is inspired by the mother's day thread. How would you respond to or reason with a child who said, "I never asked to be born"? What's a good way to reply?

This is a very interesting thread, hamster. May I ask what is the back story to this thread?

Since its a child, I have no clue. I am neither a father or a role model, all my wisdom and knowledge is "adults only." But, if it was my son, and he said such a thing, I would take it that I didn't raise him right and its no fault of his own that he feels this way. I have simply failed as a parent to raise my kids right. Rather than having a talk with the kid, I would look into the kid's problems and see if there's anything that can be changed.

Last edited:

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
That's an interesting take, happy, A nice way to diffuse a tense situation. Much better than giving a lecture or discourse or showing who's boss.

I usually hear adults tell their kids that they should listen and be obedient to their parents because they gave birth to and took care of them. And this is when the children, rebellious and angry, reply back with a "well, i didn't ask to be born." Heh.

As someone who's been a kid that continually had problems growing up, I reflected a lot of how I came to be. I realized through it all that I had bad parents that couldn't raise me right so that's how I think like that. It was no fault of my own.

That's an interesting take, happy, A nice way to diffuse a tense situation. Much better than giving a lecture or discourse or showing who's boss.

I usually hear adults tell their kids that they should listen and be obedient to their parents because they gave birth to and took care of them. And this is when the children, rebellious and angry, reply back with a "well, i didn't ask to be born." Heh.
Any kid's behavior reflects the parent's behavior. I"m sure its well deserved their kids are brats. Not everybody are meant to be a mother or father. I seen all kinds of parenting behavior, and some parents are just unloving and some are too loving.

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
Well said Happy! It was a great read actually -- I didn't know how I'd have put it.

kalyann

Commoner
Any kid's behavior reflects the parent's behavior. I"m sure its well deserved their kids are brats. Not everybody are meant to be a mother or father. I seen all kinds of parenting behavior, and some parents are just unloving and some are too loving.
well said happy nd im speaking for all of us mother lolz. To me as long as i know i tried my best as a mother then im happy. Kids theses days r not to tough, every lil small things turnrd to a mess. They over react on things sometimes. i think we were brought up differntly bcuz our parents have so many kids nd every 1 have a respondabilty so we learned the hard way n to deal with life differently nd to appreciate. U have sum that r just ungreatful for everything u do for them or sum with a chemical inbalance in their brains that made them screwed up n they cant controlled that. But there r sum bad parents ive seen out there too that shouldnt have kids at all. They just pop nd drop them with no parental responsibilities what so ever. These r the parents i hate most. No Kids shud deserve that kinda life if u not gunna give them the best of it. ou job as a parent is to protcet them from harm n to listen to their problems nd to follow their dreams not ours. most important is for them to b happy nd to show them all kinda supports. to me if we do all these n the kids still failed then we cant blame ourself. we tried our best..

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
U have sum that r just ungreatful for everything u do for them or sum with a chemical inbalance in their brains that made them screwed up n they cant controlled that.
Do you think fish oil will help someone with a chemical imbalance in their brain?

kalyann

Commoner
Do you think fish oil will help someone with a chemical imbalance in their brain?
im not 100% sure but i know fish oil can help alleviate depressions, bipolar, n psychosis patients...thats what i was told by my instructor. Fish oil is good for alot of things, like diabetic people, htn, and arthritis. i make my husband takes them all the time bcuz his family have a history of heart attack n sum dies of it. so atleast it'll help prevent blot clots and all kinda goodies.

Everytime i take fish oil, I feel a lot better mentally ....I stopped taking them for awhile now but I should start again.

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
im not 100% sure but i know fish oil can help alleviate depressions, bipolar, n psychosis patients...thats what i was told by my instructor. Fish oil is good for alot of things, like diabetic people, htn, and arthritis. i make my husband takes them all the time bcuz his family have a history of heart attack n sum dies of it. so atleast it'll help prevent blot clots and all kinda goodies.
sounds like it has a lot of benefits. I think I should start taking fish oil too.

Is there a brand you recommend? Do you also take other supplements?
I take hella supplements lolz...I stop though since my assault incident. I vitamins, sport enhancing supplements, bascically everything, I list them for you later. But its not good to take a lot of supplements, it doesn't replace eating good and sleeping good and living healthy.

kalyann

Commoner
I take hella supplements lolz...I stop though since my assault incident. I vitamins, sport enhancing supplements, bascically everything, I list them for you later. But its not good to take a lot of supplements, it doesn't replace eating good and sleeping good and living healthy.
i agree..nothing beats exercise and eating healthy. Those suppliments just help boost ur immune system..