How To Upload Movies On The Net

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
I am encoding Chinese movie, "the Knight". There are 10 DVD and I think there are at 3 episode in each DVD. About an 1:50 each disc. How do you do screen shot?

I use the Print Screen button on my keyboard and just paste it to a paint program. Then, crop and save it. You can upload the screen shot when posting your comments on the forum like what I did.

When you open your first DVD with Handbrake, are the three episodes separated by Title or Chapters?

Example: This is a copy of my DVD with 10 episodes about 30 to 40 mins each. The episodes are listed under Title. I would select the first episode and encode it. Then, I'd select the second episode and Add to Queue, and so on. After adding the 10th episode to the queue, I should be done with my first DVD. Then, if I want to add more, I would click on source again and select my next DVD and repeat the process.

handbrake04.jpg

Last edited:

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
Thanks for the compliment and feed back Theary. :D
hey, no needed to thanks, Rei dear.... i only speak the true:D

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
I use the Print Screen button on my keyboard and just paste it to a paint program. Then, crop and save it. You can upload the screen shot when posting your comments on the forum like what I did.

When you open your first DVD with Handbrake, are the three episodes separated by Title or Chapters?

Example: This is a copy of my DVD with 10 episodes about 30 to 40 mins each. The episodes are listed under Title. I would select the first episode and encode it. Then, I'd select the second episode and Add to Queue, and so on. After adding the 10th episode to the queue, I should be done with my first DVD. Then, if I want to add more, I would click on source again and select my next DVD and repeat the process.

View attachment 319
The 3 episodes are in one disc (chapter). I am working on to get screen shot to you right now. Thanks so much Rei

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer

View attachment 319
Mine doesn't look like your screen shot. When I open "source" I see only one chapter which label "disc1" only

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
All DVDs are broken into Titles or Chapters differently by the producers. Basically your DVD does not break those 3 episodes separately, which means you'll end up with just one big file (composed of episodes 1 to 3) after encoding. You can still try to break it into 3 episodes by dividing the total frames or seconds but I don't recommend it as Handbrake doesn't handle it too well.

The error you saw earlier could be from trying to add a "bad" DVD ISO file to the queue. But I can't tell without seeing the screenshots. You could also try to test out with different DVDs to see if it would cost the same error.

Let me know how it goes. :)

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
All DVDs are broken into Titles or Chapters differently by the producers. Basically your DVD does not break those 3 episodes separately, which means you'll end up with just one big file (composed of episodes 1 to 3) after encoding. You can still try to break it into 3 episodes by dividing the total frames or seconds but I don't recommend it as Handbrake doesn't handle it too well.

The error you saw earlier could be from trying to add a "bad" DVD ISO file to the queue. But I can't tell without seeing the screenshots. You could also try to test out with different DVDs to see if it would cost the same error.

Let me know how it goes. :)
That's exactly right Rei. You are absolutely right, you are so good. I tried to do some screen shot for you but I couldn't. I couldn't find the paint software that you were talking about in my computer. I wish you are my next door neighbors right now it will make life easier. My last DVD #10 it said that it encodes 7 hours. I thought it is pretty funny that I encoded 7 hours of movie. I guess I sure don't know what exactly I am doing. But I will try to do another movie when I finish the one, and let you know how it will turn out. Thanks a million for helping all these times. I just need to move and live next to you soon if I want to learn more how to rip those movies. Thanks for everything brother.

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
Hey you welcome Mr. Red. I wish I was there to show too, it would be much easier as well. My advice is to play around with it, that's what I did. I've spent countless hours learning different software and trust me, there isn't much of a shortcut to everything. Let me know how it goes. :)

Ps- You can use any paint programs to paste your image too. The default MS Pain program that came with Windows should work fine.

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Hey you welcome Mr. Red. I wish I was there to show too, it would be much easier as well. My advice is to play around with it, that's what I did. I've spent countless hours learning different software and trust me, there isn't much of a shortcut to everything. Let me know how it goes. :)

Ps- You can use any paint programs to paste your image too. The default MS Pain program that came with Windows should work fine.
Thanks Rei, for everything. I will try to do it one more movie, and I am going to look for that paint program again in my computer. But good news I did finish encoding last night the movie "The Knight". By the way, I encoded the movie as MP4. Is it the same thing M4V as MP4?

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
Thanks Rei, for everything. I will try to do it one more movie, and I am going to look for that paint program again in my computer. But good news I did finish encoding last night the movie "The Knight". By the way, I encoded the movie as MP4. Is it the same thing M4V as MP4?

Hey that's great news and congrats on you first encoding! :) I mostly use MP4 since it's more compatible for my online uploading but from my understanding, they are the same type of file. M4V is the default choice for iTunes though.

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Hey that's great news and congrats on you first encoding! :) I mostly use MP4 since it's more compatible for my online uploading but from my understanding, they are the same type of file. M4V is the default choice for iTunes though.
Hi Brother Rei, a question for you man, so just being curious. If I rip off my movie out dvd from imgburn, just from imgburn only without converting to anything else. Can I watch my movies from ISO file out my computer? Thanks

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
Hi Brother Rei, a question for you man, so just being curious. If I rip off my movie out dvd from imgburn, just from imgburn only without converting to anything else. Can I watch my movies from ISO file out my computer? Thanks

Hey sorry Mr. Red, not sure how I missed your post but yes, you can watch videos with your ISO files. You'll need something like a VLC video player to view it though.

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Thanks,
Hey sorry Mr. Red, not sure how I missed your post but yes, you can watch videos with your ISO files. You'll need something like a VLC video player to view it though.[/quote
Thanks, Rei

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Hey sorry Mr. Red, not sure how I missed your post but yes, you can watch videos with your ISO files. You'll need something like a VLC video player to view it though.
Hi Rei, I would like to find out if you can recommend any other software or link to burn DVDs. Because imgburn that you recommended it won't read copyright on DVDs. I bought long time ago DVDs that were dubbed by CLE production, when I tried to burn first before I handbrake, imgburn won't read it due to copyright. Any recommendation. Thank you

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
Hi Rei, I would like to find out if you can recommend any other software or link to burn DVDs. Because imgburn that you recommended it won't read copyright on DVDs. I bought long time ago DVDs that were dubbed by CLE production, when I tried to burn first before I handbrake, imgburn won't read it due to copyright. Any recommendation. Thank you
Have u tried to encode with handbrake instead of imgburn?

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP