How Do You Feel About In-laws

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
To relate the topic that hamster posted about family approval relationship. I want to know how do you feel about in laws. Suppose you have been marriage for a while and certainly out of nowhere a lost and found of your wife or husband side of the family a sister just popped up. How do you feel about it. Do you accept that person as a sister in-law. Or you don't want to have anything to do with it

Last edited:

Althea

Commoner
I've seen the chaos and problems associated with many in-law relationships such that I used to hope my other half is an orphan...morbid, but true...but I'm just pessimistic :(

Boss56

Commoner
The way I see it, family is word meaning togetherness and acceptance is must. I have plenty of in laws, both my wife and I tend to isolate ourselves from them due to them taking advantage of us in various ways. Financially, someone always need money or assistance in some form, but they fail to consider we have 7 kids, a mortgage, car loans and etc. when we have family emergency such as babysitting issues, nobody offers to help and our oldest daughter must miss school to watch her siblings. The sad part our inlaws only lives 2 blocks away and we see them roughly 2x a month.

The way I see it, family is word meaning togetherness and acceptance is must. I have plenty of in laws, both my wife and I tend to isolate ourselves from them due to them taking advantage of us in various ways. Financially, someone always need money or assistance in some form, but they fail to consider we have 7 kids, a mortgage, car loans and etc. when we have family emergency such as babysitting issues, nobody offers to help and our oldest daughter must miss school to watch her siblings. The sad part our inlaws only lives 2 blocks away and we see them roughly 2x a month.
Don't worry, I'm sure my family sucks more than yours.

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
I totally feel you. In laws can really ruin your life. Mine are just 15 minutes away but I see them twice a year and that's way too much. The worse part I see them during holiday season. It is so depressing. But mine just stupid white racist people. I cannot talk or think of them otherwise my blood pressure is really go high.

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
What do they think, of, or how do they feel about your mixed children?
They like my kids, except they hate me. I think They see me as an Asian and want to take advantage of me but since I won't let them that how we start the Cold War for the last 15 years.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
They like my kids, except they hate me. I think They see me as an Asian and want to take advantage of me but since I won't let them that how we start the Cold War for the last 15 years.

15 years is a very long time to feel that way about each other. I'm sorry to hear ms red.

If I was in the situation, I just try to avoid them more often so we don't have to feel awkward towards each other.

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
15 years is a very long time to feel that way about each other. I'm sorry to hear ms red.

If I was in the situation, I just try to avoid them more often so we don't have to feel awkward towards each other.
Believe me I am avoiding them all the time. That's why it is way too much for me to see them 2 times in a years during holiday and that's the most depressing time for me.

If only I can get some
I'm kidding man.
Hey, this is one of my favorite bible verse that helped me through hard times:
"Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change."
It's used for druggies like myself but it also applies to general life situations, including incorrigible in-laws.

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
I'm kidding man.
Hey, this is one of my favorite bible verse that helped me through hard times:
"Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change."
It's used for druggies like myself but it also applies to general life situations, including incorrigible in-laws.
Thanks happy.

SajaN

Commoner
I am still Single. But i have seen many Problems betweens laws in families. I think Everywhere pretty same problem among laws in families.

I am still Single. But i have seen many Problems betweens laws in families. I think Everywhere pretty same problem among laws in families.
That is actually quite true. I don't think there such a thing as a perfect family.