Awkwardness Around Crush

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Do you get nervous and uncomfortable around your crush? I do and sometimes I go so far as acting uninterested. I don't know why but I'm always like that when I like someone. For example, the other day when I was alone with this girl that I really like my mind went blank and I became quiet, had no idea what to say. I felt happy and awkward at the same time. I want to overcome this, so I would appreciate any advice.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Do you get nervous and uncomfortable around your crush? I do and sometimes I go so far as acting uninterested. I don't know why but I'm always like that when I like someone. For example, the other day when I was alone with this girl that I really like my mind went blank and I became quiet, had no idea what to say. I felt happy and awkward at the same time. I want to overcome this, so I would appreciate any advice.

I would act like I don't like the person all the time, but I would spoil it by looking at him. Get catch and then act like I don't care. :roflmao:

SPPCI

Beggar
Well in my experience (I'm not an expert like Hunnie though) its pretty natural to lose your mind and your balls when you are near your crush. I guess the other part of your brain takes over, you know, that part of your brain that tell you that you like her. I guess it's a strong feeling. It helps a lot of you can control it and act smooth. Just think Poker face. Especially for the guy, cause he's the initiator. I think the guy is always suppose to always make the first move? I dont know...The guy should always chase the girl, at least that's what I believe. Also, they need to handle the rejection too, cause it does feel sucky when they say no. Your balls will drop like a 10-ton anvil and you will feel like the world's biggest loser and you will have no face.

I dont know hamster, to overcome it takes practice and confidence and determination. I guess you just gotta ask for what you want hehe...that's how I do it. When I want something, I just go for it, I mean, genuinely go for it, even if I come out looking like an idiot cause at the end of the day, I realize what I did takes courage. You have to get over all your insecurities and self-doubt and believe in yourself. I guess you'll need that when you are ready to take your crush to the next level.

Stop being nervous. Be nice. Say hi, keep it simple. If she show any interests, take the conversation further. Don't be a buggaboo and force your way in the door. If she doesn't want to talk to you, best to leave it alone. I see a guy all the time forcing their way in a conversation and clearly the girl has no interest him. I dont know why some guy cant read cues like this. But, anyway, be nice and being funny helps too I think. I guess you start out seeing that crush as friend. Treat her like you would treat a good friend. Masturbate helps a lot too...If you act horny around her, she'll think you're a creep lol...

MonyK

Commoner

I think it's normal to feel a bit anxious. I guess it's best to be yourself, even though that sounds difficult in that situation. I think with experience, it become easier.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I was in high school and I have a major crush on this Chinese guy. I don't have his class or know who he is. I only see him walking with his friends during break time which is only 10 minutes a day. I like him because he's super cute to me.

Long story short, I wrote a short letter telling him that I like him if he's interested or not, to let me know. It took a couple of days to receive a letter back from him.

"I'm not into relationship right now".

I don't know if I'm just ugly to him or he's being real, but the rejection still hurts. When a girl get rejected, it makes her feel very ugly. She has no hope in dating for a while, that guy is all she has on her mind.

He was the very first and only guy I ask out in my entire life, and I got rejected too. I took the risk to ask him out because he was worth it to me. His look was worth it.

I don't feel so bad now because I wasn't the top best looking girl in school. I can't dress or look nice like all the other girls, so I'm not surprise I got rejected. I was a total rejection written all over, if I have a time machine I would stop it from happening. Tell my own self, "Look at you,". :)

But you're different Hamster, you know who this girl is. You guys are friends. You get to see and talk to her personally. Not have a crush from afar. You have the choice to work your way up to a relationship waiting for her to gain interest in you, or just tell her now or tomorrow that you like her.

But you have to keep in mind, if you take too long, another guy might swept her away any day. Time is precious, if she likes or will like you , she will accept your love. If she doesn't want to be with you, you should be able to see that somehow. The answer is there, but are you willing to accept the truth?

Now, to answer your question. You get nervous because you're afraid of looking stupid in front of her so you chose to remain quiet. You're afraid the real you might be a turn off to her. But if there is ever a relationship between you and her later, you really can't be fake. The best way you're suppose to go at it is breathe, calm down, and be yourself. Start by asking her about her days and ask question about things she enjoy doing. By knowing the person she is, helps you doing things she likes to do or hear. Of course if she said she hates cat, you're not going to talk about your favorite cat of the day.

Be nice, everybody loves that. Just go pass the nervous part, girls likes intelligent guy that can carry a conversation. You can't expect her to do all the talking, let her get to know you too. Why would any girl like a guy she has no clue how he is? If you're going to be quiet, she might as well go read a book alone. :D

image.jpg

tela

Beggar
I think it's normal to feel a bit anxious. I guess it's best to be yourself, even though that sounds difficult in that situation. I think with experience, it become easier.
i do agree! nothing wrong with being yourself. Its who you are. I like to start first with honesty and who i am :D To me i think it's worst when you tried to pretend. Atleast off the bat, you know if he wants you or not. Regrets sucks . My personal experience, i think its cute when a person is a little nervous during date. it shows me he's into me hehe

Last edited:
Don't listen to them hamster, be a player! Be whoever she prefer you to be. Life's too short for all this mussy stuff.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Don't listen to them hamster, be a player! Be whoever she prefer you to be. Life's too short for all this mussy stuff.

Personality life is really short and the fun moment don't last forever. When you're old, it's hard to be young again. You should always have your option open for other girls. Always have more than one girl in your mind. The more the better. Having only one feeling for one person is too painful when it doesn't get anywhere. :)

bohok

Commoner
That you act uninterested around girls you like is interesting. Maybe you're influenced by the Cambodian or Thai shows/movies you watch? I haven't watched them in a long time, but I remember as a kid watching them with my parents, noticing that the main guy in practically every drama would act completely disinterested with the main girl. Inevitably, the girl would become infatuated with him. I have a feeling this teaches a lot of boys to try to act all stoic around girls they like. But...sadly this doesn't work very well for most males. If a girl has absolutely no idea you like her because you haven't given her a single clue, then nothing's ever going to happen.

That you act uninterested around girls you like is interesting. Maybe you're influenced by the Cambodian or Thai shows/movies you watch? I haven't watched them in a long time, but I remember as a kid watching them with my parents, noticing that the main guy in practically every drama would act completely disinterested with the main girl. Inevitably, the girl would become infatuated with him. I have a feeling this teaches a lot of boys to try to act all stoic around girls they like. But...sadly this doesn't work very well for most males. If a girl has absolutely no idea you like her because you haven't given her a single clue, then nothing's ever going to happen.

worked for me lol

bohok

Commoner
I was in high school and I have a major crush on this Chinese guy. I don't have his class or know who he is. I only see him walking with his friends during break time which is only 10 minutes a day. I like him because he's super cute to me.

Long story short, I wrote a short letter telling him that I like him if he's interested or not, to let me know. It took a couple of days to receive a letter back from him.

"I'm not into relationship right now".

I don't know if I'm just ugly to him or he's being real, but the rejection still hurts. When a girl get rejected, it makes her feel very ugly. She has no hope in dating for a while, that guy is all she has on her mind.View attachment 438
Hahaha. I did the same thing in high school. I was a sophomore, she was a freshman, and our lockers were right next to each other. So one day I wrote a love note, folded it, and stuck it inside her locker. I was so crushed when she rejected me that I buried it deep into my memory bank and can barely remember now what she said in her letter back to me :-|

I like your picture. It's indeed good to be single...but it's good to have someone too. The grass is always greener on the other side.

sounds like confidence issues, am I right or no? maybe figure out what making you not so confident and fix it....just my two cents..

Sreymup

ひきこもり
Swordsman
Wanderer
I act kind of cold and if my friends are around I don't look and I talk quietly xD But when they are gone, my heart is about to burst out of my chest lol

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I act kind of cold and if my friends are around I don't look and I talk quietly xD But when they are gone, my heart is about to burst out of my chest lol

I used to be the quiet type, but trust me, it gets you no where. Being the sweet quiet type takes too long for anyone to notice you. You will always lose to the girl with the loud scream.

A girl that can hold a conversation is very attractive to guys. It also bring out your beauty, making you look intelligent and fun to be around. Among girls or guys.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Hahaha. I did the same thing in high school. I was a sophomore, she was a freshman, and our lockers were right next to each other. So one day I wrote a love note, folded it, and stuck it inside her locker. I was so crushed when she rejected me that I buried it deep into my memory bank and can barely remember now what she said in her letter back to me :-|

I like your picture. It's indeed good to be single...but it's good to have someone too. The grass is always greener on the other side.

It's never good to be single. I don't ever want to be single. Just for that moment because I was young and I don't know any better. Having one feeling for that one guy is nonsense. It's painful when you're left with nothing. It takes longer for a little girl to stand on her feet when she gets rejected because it's the beginning. Now once I get drop, I just go right back up and live my life again. I don't mind getting rejected by a good looking guy because he looks good, it's not going to be easy if you want someone that looks good. I rather get rejected by a good looking guy than an ugly guy. We all have different taste. I have to look for the guy that likes my face too.

Being with someone isn't always good because there will be arguments. No two people can perfectly bond without issue. But it's better than being alone for me.

bohok

Commoner
I have to admit...I'm bad. I can get bored after a while when I'm with someone too long. It's not a good trait :(