Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP

believe

Commoner
Wanderer
Man you old lolz

HAHA, i can't seem to get out of the 90's in rap music. the ones today turned a different direction, in exception of those like kendrick lamar--they keep it like how it was back in the days.

speaking of back in the days....ahmad

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
is this on consider rap or hip hop

believe

Commoner
Wanderer
is this on consider rap or hip hop

that's a pretty damn good question. i have no clue.

over the years, it seems like people start to create genres out of their asses. i use to listen to a lot "european"-fast beat music. some years later, at the music store, i see genres: progressive, house, freestyle, euro, etc. i just think they're all dance music because they make you want to dance haha

honestly, i expected very few of you guys on this site to even listen to hip hop. i was wrong.

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
that's a pretty damn good question. i have no clue.

over the years, it seems like people start to create genres out of their asses. i use to listen to a lot "european"-fast beat music. some years later, at the music store, i see genres: progressive, house, freestyle, euro, etc. i just think they're all dance music because they make you want to dance haha

honestly, i expected very few of you guys on this site to even listen to hip hop. i was wrong.
To be honest, I really do not mind the genre, as long as it is a song.. Believe dear

its consider "hip hop" rap is more "gangsta" and truer to its root. Hip hop will blend other elements of music. :D

Rap is anything coming outta California. from 90s-2000s.
Rap is more basic, raw, less eloquent, more cussing, darker tone.
Hip hop is more New York and other locales.
I'm a rap fanatic. :D

I dont think a lot of songs right now that is considered pure rap.

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
its consider "hip hop" rap is more "gangsta" and truer to its root. Hip hop will blend other elements of music. :D

Rap is anything coming outta California.

Thanks , Paoun Happy

believe

Commoner
Wanderer

Rap is anything coming outta California. from 90s-2000s.
Rap is more basic, raw, less eloquent, more cussing, darker tone.

thanks for the clarification. i always thought east coast "rap" was more appealing to my ears. my favs were nas, canibus, talib kweli, common, and a few others that i can't pull from my brain. they're all from the east coast.

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
thanks for the clarification. i always thought east coast "rap" was more appealing to my ears. my favs were nas, canibus, talib kweli, common, and a few others that i can't pull from my brain. they're all from the east coast.
The East Cost rhyme style is more sophisticated. I love the New York swag - I think Rakim was one of the pioneers of modern hip hop. As for the West Coast - nothing has really changed much except for the G-funk era started by Dr. Dre. He dominated the sound of West Coast Rap. Then of course, there was 2pac and his own legacy, his own sound, Eazy-Z was also a record producer. Other than that, I cant name anything notable in West Coast Rap. Much more talent pool in the East.

As for Eminem, his style and songs are eclectic. He takes the best outta every genre and incorporates into his own. One of the reasons he has mass appeal :D

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
for Paoun Believe:D

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP

believe

Commoner
Wanderer
The East Cost rhyme style is more sophisticated. I love the New York swag - I think Rakim was one of the pioneers of modern hip hop. As for the West Coast - nothing has really changed much except for the G-funk era started by Dr. Dre. He dominated the sound of West Coast Rap. Then of course, there was 2pac and his own legacy, his own sound, Eazy-Z was also a record producer. Other than that, I cant name anything notable in West Coast Rap. Much more talent pool in the East.

As for Eminem, his style and songs are eclectic. He takes the best outta every genre and incorporates into his own. One of the reasons he has mass appeal :D

you're right about eminem being eclectic, in a sense, because when he came into the game, he had to pulll whatever "real" rap was like and, at the same time, cater to the new and young listeners during the time he came in the picture.
for Paoun Believe:D

now, i know who to go to when i'm in need. thanks, bong theary <3+<3

you're right about eminem being eclectic, in a sense, because when he came into the game, he had to pulll whatever "real" rap was like and, at the same time, cater to the new and young listeners during the time he came in the picture.

now, i know who to go to when i'm in need. thanks, bong theary <3+<3
precisely ...

He's reached POP STAR status which IMO, is higher than rap star. He's almost on some Micheal Jackson shit. But 2PAC is a RAP GOD. I think he's bigger than Jay-Z (not money-wise) but as an artist. Not 2pac, eminem.

Eminem is still the biggest rap juggernaut in the world right now. He's the Jackie Chan of rap.
There's a lot of young talent though :D

Last edited:

believe

Commoner
Wanderer
precisely ...

He's reached POP STAR status which IMO, is higher than rap star. He's almost on some Micheal Jackson shit. But 2PAC is a RAP GOD. I think he's bigger than Jay-Z (not money-wise) but as an artist.

yes. what people don't realize is that eminem can really freestyle. you can toss him a random word and he'll run and flow with it.

yes. what people don't realize is that eminem can really freestyle. you can toss him a random word and he'll run and flow with it.
yeah he's a genius man
you know he got brain damage from getting bullied?
I think that's what made him all fucked up.