May Data Entry Contest - $100

Ash

Admin
Admin
Welcome to May data entry contest! This month you can add movies & dramas information in addition to actors.

Requirements
Khmer forums members only.

Prizes
1st Place: $100
2nd Place: $60
3rd Place: $35

4th Place and after: $20 (Must reach 350 Points)

Scoring
Movie/Drama: 15 Points
Actors/Actresses: 10 Points

Last edited:

Ash

Admin
Admin
Instructions
Movies & Dramas:
A. Main poster image must be tall (same as actors)
B. Be careful when adding cast information.
  • Click on the blue Actor button.
  • Select Actor or Actress.
  • Type in actor page name (example: wallace-huo). Page name is usually the actor's name with a dash in between.
  • Type in character name (example: Sun Wukong). Character's name is not in page or dash form.
  • Prefer 5+ pictures for gallery.

Play around, do not be afraid to make errors. :)

Note: Your movie page will show errors if actor's page name is spelled incorrectly or if the specific actor does not exist in the database.

Last edited:

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Can you explain a little more on the movie/drama entry bong? Is it self explanatory? :)
All Asian movie/drama?

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
I will post Prince Lan Ling Wang to see if it meets bong Ash`s requirement

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
if we run into the none existing actor/actress, what should we do or how to add them in the cast drama/movie?

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Another quick question bong.

What do we do if the drama/movie has two name, which name do you think we should use for the main title?
For example: Qing Cheng Xue also known as Allure Snow.

s.jpg

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
How many main cast do you prefer for us to include?
How long or short on the Synopsis? Do we include the source for the Synopsis?
What about the video trailer? Do we add that too? Or that is something else later?
Is there any time period you want us to stay around? Not a drama too old?

Ash

Admin
Admin
I will be on all weekend for questions. :)

@theary, adding non-existing actors in the cast section will result in a small warning on the movie page. The warning will be removed once you add the non-existing actor after.

@Hunnie, the title version that is more known for, is the better one to use. If it is difficult to decide, either one is fine.

Ash

Admin
Admin
How many main cast do you prefer for us to include?
The more the better, but 6+ preferred for popular movies/dramas. For series with little information on the web, 3+ would be nice.

How long or short on the Synopsis? Do we include the source for the Synopsis?
Synopsis length can be short from a few sentences to lengthy, although a paragraph or two is preferred. Include source if you copy it from Wiki or other websites.

What about the video trailer? Do we add that too? Or that is something else later?
Video trailers, theme songs, & video clips are part of next month contest. There are no points assigned for them this month.

Is there any time period you want us to stay around? Not a drama too old?
Any time period are welcome.

Last edited:

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
I will be on all weekend for questions. :)

@theary, adding non-existing actors in the cast section will result in a small warning on the movie page. The warning will be removed once you add the non-existing actor after.

@Hunnie, the title version that is more known for, is the better one to use. If it is difficult to decide, either one is fine.
For non-existing, poaun just add them along it.....hehehe

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I'm working on a drama and the Genre doesn't include Romance?

I only see Adventure, Ancient Mythology, Fantasy, and Wuxia.

I need Romance, period drama for my drama. :)

Do we leave it unchecked? if our genre isn't there?

Ash

Admin
Admin
@theary, well done! You nailed it.
@Hunnie, I will add the rest of the genres in a couple of hours. You can leave it unchecked if does not fit any of the options.

Great questions everyone. :)

Ash

Admin
Admin
@Hunnie, I added some more options for genre. I will add more along the way. Great job with your first drama information. One thing you can change when adding actors/actresses to the cast section, is to use the actor's page name. For example, instead of Du Chun, use du-chun. Everything else is perfect!

Last edited:

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP

Hi theary. :)

Decorating the drama page is fun but very time consuming compare to actor post. To gain more points, posting actor is much faster. :)

Maybe it's just me, I'm spending too many time putting tons of pictures. :D

But I do enjoy doing the drama page more.