Complete Guide On Uploading

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
This is an unofficial guide on ripping DVDs to encoding and uploading. Anyone else with different methods or programs, please share.

The general stuff:

1. Rip dvd with ImgBurn or DVD Decrypter. Save the file as ISO to your desktop.
2. Encode your ISO file into MP4 or FLV format using Handbrake.
3. Upload your MP4 files to Youtube, Vimeo, or your preferred website.
4. Embed the code to Khmer Avenue (need permission from admin). *Embed codes are provided by Youtube and most websites.

I'll add the details tomorrow. Getting sleepy as typing. :D

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
*Reserved Post Spot*

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
See, I told you that you'll come up with the tutorial first since I'm too lazy to search online on how to do it myself. :D
This will be very helpful for many newbie. Thanks Rei.

This is an unofficial guide on ripping DVDs to encoding and uploading. Anyone else with different methods or programs, please share.

The general stuff:

4. Embed the code to Khmer Avenue (need permission from admin). *Embed codes are provided by Youtube and most websites.

Thanks, Rei for the steps. I will try to do it this week-end. That will be my week-end project. I will let you post it how it goes. Wish me luck so I won't screw up anything along the way

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP

The general stuff:

I finally got around to try this out. Was always scared to learn, I'm just so lazy when it comes to tech stuff. :D
Uploaded episode 1 onto youtube to test. I know that there's issue with youtube copyright, do you also get ban later?
A better streaming site that you guys are using?

Last edited:

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Hunnie,
please click of the http://www.khmerforums.com/threads/upload-site-file-and-video-hosting-and-streaming.176/

some uploaders are using them

Thank you so much for sharing :)<3+<3

Thanks theay for the help. I'm using mega at the moment. Was wondering what is the pro and con of the streaming site that everyone is using? If anyone can elaborate on it, I really appreciate it.

At the moment, I have the series on youtube with the name LLep1, etc.
I also have it unlisted, only people with the given links can view it. Does it help, or just base on luck?

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I was also wondering what video editing tool is good to use?

Youtube warning notice:
Your videos will process faster if you encode into a streamable file format.

I notice I need to open my file with a video editing tool like iMovie, Final Cut Pro, or Quicktime Pro. Does it helps to pay for one or a free version would do the trick just the same?

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
I was also wondering what video editing tool is good to use?

Youtube warning notice:
Your videos will process faster if you encode into a streamable file format.

I notice I need to open my file with a video editing tool like iMovie, Final Cut Pro, or Quicktime Pro. Does it helps to pay for one or a free version would do the trick just the same?

I don't really use video editing software and not really sure what's a good free software out there. Handbrake does the job for me in encoding and that's all I need it for. :)

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I don't really use video editing software and not really sure what's a good free software out there. Handbrake does the job for me in encoding and that's all I need it for. :)

Okay. I guess I'm going to stay off YouTube for the meantime until I get professional on uploading first. I'm going to tried Dailymotion. What sites are you using to stream the series?

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
Okay. I guess I'm going to stay off YouTube for the meantime until I get professional on uploading first. I'm going to tried Dailymotion. What sites are you using to stream the series?

Hey Hunnie, I'm currently using Vimeo and testing out Google Drive. I don't recommend Youtube if you're uploading TVB series as it'll get auto detected and removed. Vimeo will remove it after a short period too. Dailymotion doesn't seem to remove members videos, but they do have lots of video ads. You can also give Google Drive a try -- people lately has been using it to stream videos.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Hey Hunnie, I'm currently using Vimeo and testing out Google Drive. I don't recommend Youtube if you're uploading TVB series as it'll get auto detected and removed. Vimeo will remove it after a short period too. Dailymotion doesn't seem to remove members videos, but they do have lots of video ads. You can also give Google Drive a try -- people lately has been using it to stream videos.

Sounds very helpful Rei, I will try all possible ways. YouTube sounds too much work right now so I will lay low on that. Thanks for the clarification.