April Data Entry Contest - $100

Ash

Admin
Admin
If you have the extra time and enjoy adding information and images, this contest is for you! We are currently accepting data for the actors & actresses section of Drama Trailers. You can simply add data on your favorite actors, & one with the most data entered will take the grand prize! If there are enough participants, I will add more information here.

Requirements
Khmer forums members only.

Prizes
1st Place: $100
2nd Place: $60
3rd Place: $30

4th Place and after:

Could not land in the top two places? Not a problem! If you can reach at least 30 data posts by the end of the contest deadline, you will be qualified for a $20 cash credits.

Q: Why Drama Trailers?
A: We are taking a shot on being enlisted on the search engine for Asian movies information. To gain more ads sponsors, & most importantly, more supports to back up this forum for future growth and more prizes!

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
What kinds of data are you referring to bong? Pictures, information, news on them?
What are the requirement on the data gathered? No watermark pictures? etc.
What can we use and what we can't use?

Do we pick a specific actors/actress to work on and it's ours to work on, Or is it adding data on an already existing actors/actress post that is already posted by someone else?

How do you calculate how many data each specific person did?

Sorry for the many question, I don't want to do anything wrong. :)

Ash

Admin
Admin
What kinds of data are you referring to bong? Pictures, information, news on them?
What are the requirement on the data gathered? No watermark pictures? etc.
What can we use and what we can't use?

Do we pick a specific actors/actress to work on and it's ours to work on, Or is it adding data on an already existing actors/actress post that is already posted by someone else?

How do you calculate how many data each specific person did?

Sorry for the many question, I don't want to do anything wrong. :)

Just the actor's basic information, biography and pictures for now.

1. Basic Information:
Name, birthday, ethnicity, place of birth, & height.

2. Biography:
A summary copy from Wikipedia is acceptable, or any websites that allow you to use their contents. List the site you use as your source. You can also write your own, but that is optional.

3. Images:
You can use watermarked images. Prefer 5 or more good quality images. Profile image must be in portrait (and not landscape) size though.

You can add any non-existing actors or actresses. For the purpose of this contest, you cannot add data to existing actor posts. The setup and layout is very similar to Khmer Avenue.

Data count is calculated by the amount of actor and actress posts you have created (even without information and images) but nothing to fear, as everyone on here has been fair and honest. I will add a code to have it displayed on the front, so other contestants can compare.

Questions are good. :)

Last edited:

Ash

Admin
Admin
Data are dynamic and linkable. You are not required to enter movies information for the actor; it will search and match data from existing movies in the database.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Data are dynamic and linkable. You are not required to enter movies information for the actor; it will search and match data from existing movies in the database.

When can we start adding the data bong? Do we need to be activated to do it or it's automatic?
Or do we need a certain amount of participants first?

Ash

Admin
Admin
This contest will start on Monday and end on the 30th of this month. Everyone will need to be activated first. All familiar names will be activated. If you use a different name, please let me know.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
This contest will start on Monday and end on the 30th of this month. Everyone will need to be activated first. All familiar names will be activated. If you use a different name, please let me know.

Hmm, I just register as Hunnie. But do you need to tell us how to or where to post the data and reviews or it's self explanatory? :)

Ash

Admin
Admin
I will add more information tomorrow. It is self explanatory, especially if you are familiar with Khmer Avenue. Also, there are a couple of other users already adding data there but they are not part of this contest.

Last edited:

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
Count me in, maybe I'll have a chance on this one lol.

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
I was just wondering how we know which Actors or Actress already been posted or we need to search it?

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
I just added my first actor, Wallace. It's quite easy but trying to find the actor pictures can be time consuming. What Theary said, we're gonna need some list of already added actors.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I was just wondering how we know which Actors or Actress already been posted or we need to search it?

I was wondering the same question bong. Looks like many of the navigation tab isn't working yet. What if we add duplicate actors/actress? Will it double, or will the site stop you? :)

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I just added my first actor, Wallace. It's quite easy but trying to find the actor pictures can be time consuming. What Theary said, we're gonna need some list of already added actors.

Should I add Wallace now to see if it duplicate? I better not huh? :D
Admin might has to fix a lot of duplicate posts. :)

Last edited:

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
Should I add Wallace now to see if it duplicate? I better not huh? :D

I believe it will be good idea :sneaky: because i wonder the same thing, Hunnie dear;)

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I finally figured out.

We need to click on Actress after we log in.

But then again, will it duplicate if we input them by different names or the same names.

Some of us can input by their Chinese names in pinyin, and some by their English name.

For example.

Andy Lau
Lau Tak-wah

or Andy Lau Tak-wah

When the list gets bigger, it's easy to make duplicate from another person's data.

Last edited:

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Another question bong. :)

Do retired actor/actress counts, or needs to be active stars?
All Asians? Does Thai actor/actress counts?

Any Americans?