Xbox One Live Family

rei - post the steps here ...

I'll look into myself latter as well.
I have to create a temp password on my live gold account?
then change it back to my original password right?
Password will be inbox.

Add a new member to your Xbox One family
Creating a “family” on Xbox One helps you manage privacy and online safety settings for children.

Any adult in the family can add new members to the family. To add a family member, follow the steps on this page.

Topics
On this page
anchor_arrow12x12.png

The person you want to add already has an Xbox Live profile on the Xbox One console
anchor_arrow12x12.png

The person you want to add already has an Xbox Live profile, but it is not on the Xbox One console
anchor_arrow12x12.png

The person you want to add does not have an Xbox Live profile
Sign in to Xbox Live on your Xbox.
  • Find your profile, then select Choose this person and sign in.
  • Have the family member you want to add to your family sign in.
  • Press the Menu button on your controller, then select Settings.
  • Scroll right to the FAMILY section, then select Add to family.
Sign in to another Xbox One console.

After they’ve signed in on your console, add them as a family member:

1. From the Home screen, in the upper-left corner, select Sign in.
    For help signing in, see Sign in to Xbox Live on your Xbox.
  2. Find your profile, then select Choose this person and sign in.
  3. Have the family member you want to add to your family sign in.
  4. Press the Menu button on your controller, then select Settings.
  5. Scroll right to the FAMILY section, then select Add to family.
create an account.

Next, the person you want to add must sign in to the Xbox One console. To do this, have them follow the steps onSign in to another Xbox One console.

After they’ve signed in on your console, add them as a family member:

1. From the Home screen, in the upper-left corner, select Sign in.
    For help signing in, see Sign in to Xbox Live on your Xbox.
  2. Find your profile, then select Choose this person and sign in.
  3. Have the family member you want to add to your family sign in.
  4. Press the Menu button on your controller, then select Settings.
  5. Scroll right to the FAMILY section, then select Add to family.

Last edited:

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
Yeah I got your email. Microsoft wanted to do so much more with family plan but they got bashed by the gaming community last year when then wanted to go digital.

There's a limit to the family plan though: you can't play the same copy at the same time. If I'm playing Destiny, and you are playing my copy of Titanfall, then it'll work fine.

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
There's a way to bypass, to play the same copy at the same time. On your xbox machine, you list your friend as the primary host. On your Xbox machine, your friend list you as the primary host.

Yeah I got your email. Microsoft wanted to do so much more with family plan but they got bashed by the gaming community last year when then wanted to go digital.

There's a limit to the family plan though: you can't play the same copy at the same time. If I'm playing Destiny, and you are playing my copy of Titanfall, then it'll work fine.
Man I wanted to play Destiny with you. I'm gonna buy a copy myself.

There's a way to bypass, to play the same copy at the same time. On your xbox machine, you list your friend as the primary host. On your Xbox machine, your friend list you as the primary host.
Gotcha. That's stupid but whatever. LMAO. Let's play forza later? When I see you online I'll message u to play. :D Do you have to download forza to play right? I know stupid question.

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
Gotcha. That's stupid but whatever. LMAO. Let's play forza later? When I see you online I'll message u to play. :D Do you have to download forza to play right? I know stupid question.

We won't be able to play at the same time basing on the restriction. I have to remove my friend, and list you as my host, and there's a restriction to how many times I can do this (I won't be able to add my friend back for a while).

We won't be able to play at the same time basing on the restriction. I have to remove my friend, and list you as my host, and there's a restriction to how many times I can do this (I won't be able to add my friend back for a while).
Yup, dont do that :D Well at least we can share games, albeit not the same time :D.

Btw, you're a real class act. :D

So you're playing co op with your friend on Destiny right, how many players can be on your team?

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
So you're playing co op with your friend on Destiny right, how many players can be on your team?

You can play up to 6 in a team I believe. You might want to catch up to level 20 (soft cap) first, which should be 2 days if you play at least 6 hours each day. It took us 2 weeks to get from level 20 to 27, after doing challenges and hunting for legendary armors.

Just a warning though, the game is very repetitive and the challenges are crazy.

You can play up to 6 in a team I believe. You might want to catch up to level 20 (soft cap) first, which should be 2 days if you play at least 6 hours each day. It took us 2 weeks to get from level 20 to 27, after doing challenges and hunting for legendary armors.

Just a warning though, the game is very repetitive and the challenges are crazy.
What do you do online, just shoot each on maps?

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
What do you do online, just shoot each on maps?

All the modes are online, and yeah you basically shoot each other. In story mode, you co op with your friends and kill the enemies, & sometimes you'll bump into a group of other players where you have to kill a public boss for rewards. You go back to town/lobby to collect your points and rewards.

It matchmaking (crucible mode) you go against the other players like the traditional FPS out there, except some players will most likely have better gears. You earn points and rewards too.

There's also a Raid mode, which I have yet to try. The minimum requirement is 6 players and I heard it can take up days to complete and get the rewards.

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
I know you don't like repetition so get the disc version instead in case you need to sell/trade it back. The game got very average reviews so it's like a hate or love thing.

I know you don't like repetition so get the disc version instead in case you need to sell/trade it back. The game got very average reviews so it's like a hate or love thing.
thanks for the heads up. you forget Im a collector, so its fine :D
Are you interested in playing battlefield 4? I'm gonna get an online copy so you can play it if you want to give it a try man. Its an amazing shooter man. :D You should give it a try.

There's also Mortal Kombat X - I'm gonna look tonight and make a list.
FUCK battlefield - didn't realize MKX was out!! Rei do you want to play?
Actually not out yet but coming soon :D

Last edited: