Words To Live By..

I lived for other people, thinking nothing of it except that it was the right thing to do. To be kind, unselfish, and loving towards your fellow human. (If you spent time in the temple, they will teach you this). When I hit rock bottom, those very same people acted like I never existed. That I never helped them out, or willingly sacrifice something that is mine to someone else that needs it more. I've been this type of person up until I realized I had nothing left to give and that it sucks when nobody is taking care of you, not even yourself.

10570516_344101189081920_5640119701230445566_n.jpg

So thanks Johnny Depp and fuck you to all you mean-spirited people in the world that can never amount to nothing. You sit on your ass all day putting others down you people are such world class losers.

Any takers on why people are like this? I still don't get it.

Last edited:

believe

Commoner
Wanderer
My brother, I think we share some commonalities when it comes to our beliefs. Our morals and values are what we have to revisit the moment we wake up every morning. Our actions reflect the kind of person we are and what we become. It's on a personal level, which means no other person should be able to wrap us up in between two buns and eat us. I'm saying, don't let others get to you.

From what I've read, it seems like you're disappointed at those who didn't return the act of kindness when you're deep down in the hole. Believe me, I've gone that route before, only to find out the same shit you're experiencing at the moment. That feeling is something we can measure. But when you need help, and no one is there to lend a hand, you start reevaluate the current circle of so-called friends you have. Questions start to come. How come she didn't come to pick me up when I had a flat tire on the freeway? How come this, how come that....Then, you question the legitimacy of their friendship.

I don't know how old you are, but I personally think age is a big factor in overcoming this. You are not a bad person. I truly believe you are thinking of the right stuff, and I hope you walk-the-talk also. I just think that there'll be a point in time when you come to a realization, or some fucking epiphany hits you, that those motherfuckers aren't really your friends, acquaintances, or are really your family. Yup, I said family also. (The family dynamics is for another discussion.)

Anyway, i'm gonna try to make this short even though it's too late for that. I stopped doing what you did in my late 20's. I took me a while to figure that shit out. Now, I've cut down a shitload of friends, down to a...maybe a good 6 people in my life who I know I can depend on when shit hits the fan. And I'm grateful for these people.

So after all the stuff I said, my only personal advice to your situation is to keep what you're doing, make a list of friends you have, and then cross out the names of those who didn't follow through with your needs. In time, you'll have a short list of those who you may call true friends, puk mak, compadres. And trust me, your life will get easier. Smooth sailing...

My other solution is to drink a 12-pack of Heineken all alone in a small room, listening to Sin Sisamuth songs on repeat.

My brother, I think we share some commonalities when it comes to our beliefs. Our morals and values are what we have to revisit the moment we wake up every morning. Our actions reflect the kind of person we are and what we become. It's on a personal level, which means no other person should be able to wrap us up in between two buns and eat us. I'm saying, don't let others get to you.

From what I've read, it seems like you're disappointed at those who didn't return the act of kindness when you're deep down in the hole. Believe me, I've gone that route before, only to find out the same shit you're experiencing at the moment. That feeling is something we can measure. But when you need help, and no one is there to lend a hand, you start reevaluate the current circle of so-called friends you have. Questions start to come. How come she didn't come to pick me up when I had a flat tire on the freeway? How come this, how come that....Then, you question the legitimacy of their friendship.

I don't know how old you are, but I personally think age is a big factor in overcoming this. You are not a bad person. I truly believe you are thinking of the right stuff, and I hope you walk-the-talk also. I just think that there'll be a point in time when you come to a realization, or some fucking epiphany hits you, that those motherfuckers aren't really your friends, acquaintances, or are really your family. Yup, I said family also. (The family dynamics is for another discussion.)

Anyway, i'm gonna try to make this short even though it's too late for that. I stopped doing what you did in my late 20's. I took me a while to figure that shit out. Now, I've cut down a shitload of friends, down to a...maybe a good 6 people in my life who I know I can depend on when shit hits the fan. And I'm grateful for these people.

So after all the stuff I said, my only personal advice to your situation is to keep what you're doing, make a list of friends you have, and then cross out the names of those who didn't follow through with your needs. In time, you'll have a short list of those who you may call true friends, puk mak, compadres. And trust me, your life will get easier. Smooth sailing...

My other solution is to drink a 12-pack of Heineken all alone in a small room, listening to Sin Sisamuth songs on repeat.
Thank you. Now I know for sure brother that you feel me.

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
I don't get it either, especially immediate family members. I can understand non-blooded people not giving a damn, but one's own parents, brothers and sisters?? But I shouldn't be surprised since lack of love between family members seems to be the norm these days. I guess in this world it's every man for himself.

I agree with Johnny Depp's quote but not totally. Personally I wouldn't go so far as to not give a shit what anybody thinks because the people around me have been nothing but kind and caring, so to disregard their opinions would be inconsiderate on my part. Had they deserted me in my time of need, then yeah, who no cares what they think.

believe

Commoner
Wanderer
The Black Mamba has a quote related to what I wrote:

"I'm reflective only in a sense that I learn to move forward. I reflect with a purpose.
" - Kobe Bryant

Yea Hamster, it's no joke when it comes to family. That's a whole new breed of problems (if there is any) at a different level, and regardless of whatever happens, you'll likely have to deal with it, becuz blood will always be blood.

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
I think people/human are so evil and jealous of each other. It doesn't matter if you are blood related or non-blood. People are so selfish to each other no matter what. It doesn't matter what kinds stuffs you had done to help them out. When it is your turn that need help they all turn their head inside their shell just like a turtle. We all have to accept it is just human kind and it is really suck in this world that we all have to live that way

believe

Commoner
Wanderer
Mrredblueberry, first of all, I hate you for putting in my head a picture of a turtle's head snapping back in its shell. Now, I can't stop thinking about turtles doing that. :banghead:

I agree with all the stuff you wrote, especially about accepting the fact that all people in some way or form are selfish. I think the sooner people realize this, the better prepared they are for the real world, whereas those who are behind find themselves, more times than often, in stressful situations than others. I'm sure everyone knows that there will always be selfish bitches and assholes in this world. It's just people like me have trouble accepting it some times, so I talk about it, like what happened during my drive to work this morning. A jack ass cut me off on the freeway, and then, he had the audacity to give me the middle finger. I'm like, for real? Come on, man, can't a brother get a break here? I'm already late for work. So yea, I'm not gonna lie, assholes some times piss me off.

Hunnie, I think the list you showed are legit codes of conduct that people should live by. Too bad, at least for me, it's pretty damn hard to follow. Please tell me I'm not alone on this. Or else I won't be able to fall asleep tonight haha

And for some reason, your second post about imperfections just reminded me of that song called "All of me," by John Legend. It's quite annoying (not you, but the song is). It's always playing in the mornings on KIIS FM, a local radio station. Damn it, Ryan Seacrest!

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I tried those 5 rules here and there, and when I'm able to follow it all, I felt really good about myself, the world, and just happy overall.

The list is pretty short and right to the point, but trust me, I don't think anyone can really apply to it all the time. I'm contents if I can follow at least 3 of them each days.

#2 and #5, I kind of got it all the times with no problem. I'm doing pretty good on #4 so far.
I'm working on keeping everything simple, problems, etc. #3

I usually fail on #1. I get emotional quick on issues. But to mastered all five, it'll be the lifestyles I dream to have everyday. No more worries man. :)

I think I seen people who mastered at least all four so far.

gh.png

believe

Commoner
Wanderer
i haven't seen or know anyone who "mastered" all 5. they may appear to have overcame some hurdles they went through, but deep down inside, i bet they're burning and cringing.

which part of #1 are you having trouble with? the crossed out line where it says that you shouldn't be overly emotional, or the more positive one, which is to have faith? i am personally not sure if "have faith" is a good substitute for being too emotional. of course, we human beings (except me) have to have emotions. becoming overly emotional is another story. where do you draw the line, or in other words, how do you measure when an emotion is too high? i'm not trying to get all psychological here, but it seems like having faith when you're angry, sad, happy, horny, or whatever isn't gonna help out much. then again, i'm not sure what to replace the "have faith" part.

end of rant haha

tell me of a time when you got so damn emotional and you later looked back at that incident saying to yourself, "what the fuck did i do?"

I think people/human are so evil and jealous of each other. It doesn't matter if you are blood related or non-blood. People are so selfish to each other no matter what. It doesn't matter what kinds stuffs you had done to help them out. When it is your turn that need help they all turn their head inside their shell just like a turtle. We all have to accept it is just human kind and it is really suck in this world that we all have to live that way
I always felt like you're my twin sister cause we always see eye to eye on many things. It's like you took the words right out my mouth.

Last edited: