What Is The Easiest Khmer Food To Cook?

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
If you can cook, know how to cook, or is a great chef period. What is the easiest Khmer food that you recommend to be easiest for a non cooking person to cook and why?

If we are looking at a healthy diet, would the answer change to another dish?

Please don't recommend some thing bad like cup noodle since it's very unhealthy if eaten at longer period of time. :)

Marvelous

Commoner
Cambodian food is famous for its strong flavors, so there is not much of an easy way to cook Cambodian's dish. Starting from just Teuk Kreoung, the dish look very simple but its requirs much detail and time-consuming.

To answer your question "what is the easiest Khmer food that you recommend to be easiest for a non-cooking person to cook and why?"

I have a few dishes that I would recommend. One of my favorite is Fry Pickle Green Mustard. You can make many easy dishes with Pickle Green Mustard. You can even just eat it plain with just grill fish, or make soup with pork spare-ribs or fry with beef, chicken or fish, etc....

Fry Pickle Green Mustard with egg (Jean Jrouk Spey). This dish is one of those simple dishes that doesn't take long to prepare or cook. It is easy and simple. Mustard green have no cholesterol, high in calcium, fiber, iron, magnesium, and potassium. If you care much about dieting, you can just use the egg-white.

Pickle mustard green - chopped -1 small bowl or 1 cup.

2 eggs or 3 egg-white

1/4 tsp sugar

1 tsp olive oil.

1. breaking the eggs into a small bowl and mixed with sugar.

2. Heat some olive oil in a frying pan then adds the sliced pickled mustard green. Cook until it becomes tender. Pour the mixed egg on top of the pickle mustard green. Give it a stir until egg cooked through, and you are done.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Cambodian food is famous for its strong flavors, so there is not much of an easy way to cook Cambodian's dish. Starting from just Teuk Kreoung, the dish look very simple but its requirs much detail and time-consuming.

To answer your question "what is the easiest Khmer food that you recommend to be easiest for a non-cooking person to cook and why?"

I have a few dishes that I would recommend. One of my favorite is Fry Pickle Green Mustard. You can make many easy dishes with Pickle Green Mustard. You can even just eat it plain with just grill fish, or make soup with pork spare-ribs or fry with beef, chicken or fish, etc....

Fry Pickle Green Mustard with egg (Jean Jrouk Spey). This dish is one of those simple dishes that doesn't take long to prepare or cook. It is easy and simple. Mustard green have no cholesterol, high in calcium, fiber, iron, magnesium, and potassium. If you care much about dieting, you can just use the egg-white.

2 eggs or 3 egg-white

1/4 tsp sugar

1 tsp olive oil.

2. Heat some olive oil in a frying pan then adds the sliced pickled mustard green. Cook until it becomes tender. Pour the mixed egg on top of the pickle mustard green. Give it a stir until egg cooked through, and you are done.

Thanks for the recipe Marvelous, surprisingly, the Chinese people also cook Jrouk Spey in their cooking. I liked it especially when chili flakes are added. :)

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer

2 eggs or 3 egg-white

1/4 tsp sugar

1 tsp olive oil.

Wow, I never heard that kind of dish before. So where can you get pickle green mustard?

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Wow, I never heard that kind of dish before. So where can you get pickle green mustard?

They are sold at Asian store in bottle or jar. You can cook it all kinds of ways. My mom would just buy it fresh from the market and put them in jar with salt and water to pickled them.

l.jpg

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Stir fry it with the meat of your choice, I always add in chili flake to give it some kicks.
I liked them stir fry with pig intestines.

hqdefault.jpg

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Easiest Khmer food? Rice with soy sauce?!

I like cha jrouk spey. Wish my sister can make it everyday.

Easiest Khmer food? Rice with soy sauce?!

I like cha jrouk spey. Wish my sister can make it everyday.
Khmer food is so bomb bro. All Asian foods are bomb, I don't know if that's cause we've been eating it our whole lives and its an acquired taste or people everywhere love Asian foods. I don't know. I know I don't like Middle Eastern or Indian Foods cause it looks and taste so different.

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Khmer food is so bomb bro. All Asian foods are bomb, I don't know if that's cause we've been eating it our whole lives and its an acquired taste or people everywhere love Asian foods. I don't know. I know I don't like Middle Eastern or Indian Foods cause it looks and taste so different.
After eating Asian food all my life, American food just tastes bland. Asian food is so rich in flavor and spices. I like Indian food but not crazy for it. Never had middle eastern food, so can't comment on it. I've had Afghan food and it's bomb too. Thai food is extremely popular in my area.

lovepink

Commoner
They are sold at Asian store in bottle or jar. You can cook it all kinds of ways. My mom would just buy it fresh from the market and put them in jar with salt and water to pickled them.

View attachment 3105

Yeah, they are sold at any Asian stores. Sometimes they are packaged in plastic bags. You can also make it by yourself too.

lovepink

Commoner
Sliced cucumbers with boiled eggs in sour soup. I can't find the picture for this one.

Also, tofu and bean sprouts stir fry.

imagesYIU5BML9.jpg

lovepink

Commoner
Im not sure if this is considered khmer food. I make it all the time. I learnt it from my mom.

Omelette and green onions.

Turkey, Green Onion, Cheddar Omelet2.JPG