Translation Assistance!

Hello! Firstly, let me introduce myself. My name is Dag (translates into "day", pronounced like "dog" with American accent) and I am a 22 year old young man from Örebro, Sweden. It's nice to meet you all!

About two years ago I visited Cambodia with my girlfriend, whose father lives there with his wife and son. During my stay I gathered up a lot of video footage from just about anything I could set my eyes on, and just recently I started cutting this footage together.

Now, I would really appreciate any kind of input adressing if there is anything a Khmer resident would not like to see in a merge of clips, like the one I am putting together. Also, since all the footage is from Cambodia (mostly from Phonm Penh), I would like the intro titles, description and any text appearing in the video to be in Khmer. And to do this, I would need some help with a good, authentic translation in grammar and letters.

I would like the intro to be following the same structure as in a classic Khmer movie, like this one:
- complete with fitting music, dust and scratches.
So, I wonder, what does it say? A translation from Khmer letters into English language with English letters (for comparison) would be really, really appreciated. Also, if there is anyone on this forum that would like to help me with translation of a short description and some names for my video, please, do step forward! Of course, you will be credited in the final video (in the intro), if you wish to be so. I would gladly put it in there.

To give you an idea of what the final video will look like in style and essence, please, do visit my page for photography: http://daghagerius.deviantart.com/gallery/

I am very thankful for any kind of help I can recieve!

Last edited:

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
Welcome aboard Dag and nice Deviant page BTW. That looks like an oldie Khmer film from three decades ago, wish I can help you out but my Khmer translation is pretty bad. Hopefully other folks reading this thread can help out.

You're cool for visiting cambodia, I on the other hand, have not.
If you get the chance, you should do it!
yeah don't put any killing footage ...stay away for S21 and pol pot. We all moved on man. God Blessed the dead.
I think I may be just fine then. :) Thank you!
Welcome aboard Dag and nice Deviant page BTW. That looks like an oldie Khmer film from three decades ago, wish I can help you out but my Khmer translation is pretty bad. Hopefully other folks reading this thread can help out.
Thank you! Sure hope so. :)