Thanksgiving Recipes

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Thanksgiving Holiday is coming soon. How would you like to share how to cook for your Thanksgiving dinner

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
This year I am going to try to make a new recipe for green beans casserole. It is supposedly very simple, but it will be very creamy and to die for. So I was told to use 1 can cream of mushroom mix with 1/2 whip cream, and pour into the 2 cans of green beans, then mix it with French fried onion, and then just add on the top the left over French fried onion. Then just baked it. I am very exciting to try this recipe. Will see how it turns out for me.

bamboo

Commoner
This year I am going to try to make a new recipe for green beans casserole. It is supposedly very simple, but it will be very creamy and to die for. So I was told to use 1 can cream of mushroom mix with 1/2 whip cream, and pour into the 2 cans of green beans, then mix it with French fried onion, and then just add on the top the left over French fried onion. Then just baked it. I am very exciting to try this recipe. Will see how it turns out for me.

That sounds good. I have never made green bean casserole. A favorite of mine is corn casserole.

1 can whole kernel corn
1 can cream style corn
1 box Jiffy cornbread mix
8 ounce sour cream

Mix everything together and stick it in the oven. You can add butter and cheese to it if you want. My favorite family loves this.

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
That sounds good. I have never made green bean casserole. A favorite of mine is corn casserole.

1 can whole kernel corn
1 can cream style corn
8 ounce sour cream

Mix everything together and stick it in the oven. You can add butter and cheese to it if you want. My favorite family loves this.
i will try it, because corn is my favorite...

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
my son like green bean, if i have time, i will make it for him

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
my son like green bean, if i have time, i will make it for him
Actually I tried it, pkalotus and it is very easy and very creamy. You cannot taste the whip cream unless you tell people that you put in it. Let me know once you try it, if you line it or not.

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer

1 can whole kernel corn
1 can cream style corn
8 ounce sour cream

I like corn, I am going to try it. Thanks bamboo for the recipe.

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
I told my friend that I am going to make yam for one of my side dish for thanksgiving. Which is very easy to make. Just mashed sweet potatoes, add brown sugar, and maple syrup all together. Then put marshmallows on the top and bake it. But my friend ask me if I am cooking yam or sweet potatoes, and he said that there is a difference between yam and sweet potatoes. I thought sweet potatoes is when they are raw and once you cook them it turns to yam. But base on my friend sweet potatoes and yam are totally different kind. Does anyone know about the different.