Soy Sauce

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
I've tried many soy sauces. I have to say that my favorite is Kimlan. Just ordered a bottle from Amazon. It's $13 and the shipping is $10, I'm like whoa! shipping cost is almost as much as the product itself.
packets.jpg

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
No, Hunnie. Only the Chinese restaurants have them but in take-out size like the picture I posted. Do you know of a store that carries them? None of the Asian or American markets around here carries it. I looked for it in Long Beach too and didn't see it. Even H Mart doesn't have it. But you can find Kokoman everywhere. :)

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I never thought about it to look for the brand in the store. I'll keep it in mind when I go to the supermarket and see what kind of soy sauce they carry.

ami

Commoner
I've tried many soy sauces. I have to say that my favorite is Kimlan. Just ordered a bottle from Amazon. It's $13 and the shipping is $10, I'm like whoa! shipping cost is almost as much as the product itself.
packets.jpg
hey hamster! :D u may wanna 2 check out minimus . biz website just in case.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Hi Hamster, I checked out the little market by my house and I found the Kimlan soy sauce in the bottle. There was three kind. One with lower sodium, regular, and super special. I bought the super special for $5.89 and the regular for $2.28. Both of the bottle was 20 0z. I believe they sell those Kimlan bottle at most of the Chinese market over here. If you come to eat at Noodle World, any big or decent size market nearby should have the sauce in the bigger bottle.

I tasted the Kimlan soy sauce in those little packet a the mall and it was pretty good. I didn't taste the bottle one yet, but I will update on it when I get a chance to try it out. :)

I didn't get the LIGHT kind like shown in the picture. I got a regular one, but the super special bottle looks like that. How does the bottle you bought from Ebay looks like?
980157_kimlan.jpg

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Thanks for the info, Hunnie. The store's prices sure beat Amazon's; I got a 20 oz bottle for over $13. :(
Where is Noodle World? Los Angeles?

The bottle I got from Amazon looks like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Kimlan-Soy-Sauce-20-oz/dp/B002PANI1G

I'm guessing that is the regular? But only the super special one should cost the most.
So if that is the regular one, a little expensive.

Lots of Long Beach people would come up here to dine at Noodle World.
The one I'm talking about is located in the city of Alhambra.

Noodle World in Alhambra

Its not the best thing out there, but it satisfy many customer. The price is good for the amount they give you in the bowl. Some people would buy different plate and share, so they can try several dishes. Certain days, the place is pack, the parking isn't too big, but if you're familiar with the area, there's always parking somewhere nearby the restaurant. Lots of people from different cities come to Noodle World.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
If the sauce is that good to you, its best to come around here and shop for the bottles and tried out a restaurant in the area when you get the chance. It beats paying that much for one bottle. You can get about over 10 bottles (regular kind) with the total you spend on Amazon.

Last edited:

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
You are so right. I feel ripped off. Oh well. I like almost all soy sauces, actually. But Kimlan has a unique taste.
My sister is a fan of noodles so I will take her there. I like soup noodle if the broth is good.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I tried using those kim lan soy sauce in my stir fry and it's pretty good. Something new to try out.

lovepink

Commoner
packets.jpg

I have never seen this type of brand in my groceries store. I live in Canada so maybe they dont have the same products here.