Request

apsara123

Beggar
First I would like to thank everyone who has uploaded on this site I really appreciate all your hard work. I was wondering if anyone have the chinese series "Romance of the white hair maiden" or also known as "the invincible snowy hair maiden" this was made around 1986 by ATV production. It star savio tsang and bonnie ngai. I been looking everywhere for it but can not find it

297942.jpg

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
I've been looking for some old videos, I'll keep an eye on this one. :)

Meimei

Commoner
Wanderer
You mean this one this version 1986
That was my first chinese serie i ever watch, i just remember the theme song. My aunt have it but i think she erase it from her vhs. Isn't easy to find a good version in khmer. I just remember is Savio Tsang who is the lead male....

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
The only old version I've seen was the one with Julian Cheung. Then, the newest version with Nicky.

KhmerBross

Commoner
Apsara & Rei I got this TV Drama but i missing one hold tape of this movie that about 6eps that why i never post this movie on khmeravenue..... But you don't want to see this movie cause this movie story line is good but khmer dubbed is suck ( is Tai-Shang Khmer Kroum dubbed this movie)

apsara123

Beggar
Really. The version I heard had pretty good dubbers, some of the voice actors dubbed the old mayura thai series. But thanks to everyone for looking

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
Ah, that's unfortunate that you lost a whole tape. I did try to look for it at a couple of local video stores but no luck.

KhmerBross

Commoner
No Mayura never dubbed this movie TVBI, But they dubbed the newer one that came out at 1991 ATV.... This one is dubbed by Tai- Shang Video old voice Khmer Kroum the same voice that dubbed The Sword Stained Of The Royal Bood 1984, and The Other Side Of The Horizon..... The original DVD is only 2 disc that dubbed Khmer and Vietnam together only 8Hrs movies HERE THE LINK <-Click on it to buy the movie

LianNiChang

Commoner
VIP
No KhmerBross I have this movie on dvd and it is dubbed by TVBI, the same group that dubbed HSDS 1986 TVB. This is one of my favourite dramas and I have watched it a million times already. But sadly the quality is not so great as it is copied from tape. Mine is 20 episodes long (10 tapes). This is my favourite adaption to date and sticks closest to the novel so far. The newer version is complete crap compare to the old one. The TVB 1995 version is okay too with lots of changes, but the 1999 version is a nightmare.

I think the movie you are talking about is the really old version in 1978 by TS I don't know the title but it is the movie the White Hair Maiden. I don't think anyone has seen that one before though. I never seen it either but I think Khmer Krom dubbed all the really old movies. I think the Viet version is short because they use DVD-9 discs and they put more episodes in their original. Like The Blood Stained Intrigue DVD Retail version is only 8 discs, bit it have 40 episodes.

Meimei

Commoner
Wanderer
hm, isn't this one http://www.collectphimbo.com/bach-phat-ma-nu-truyen-1-amp-2-bride-with-white-hair-p-764.html the movie with Leslie Cheung and Brigitte Lin.
I just find in tudou the whole serie http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/J4y3QU1eL70/ if someone want in chinese mandarin. I was a bit small when i watch it. But it's true this serie is the one khmer people search the most.

No, no one have here, it's erase from vhs or in some box because doesn't want any vhs.

How many dubbing khmer cie they have in 1980-1988? Some dubbers have some strange khmer language and sometime i don't understand at all.

KhmerBross

Commoner
white%20hair%20maiden.gif
ATV

romance%20of%20the%20white%20hair%20maiden.gif
this is the 1991 TVBI version

legend%20of%20white%20hair%20brides.gif.gif
this 1993 version ATV, there 1995 TVBI, the 1979 ATV, and there 2011, i got them all

KhmerBross

Commoner
Apsara123 that version khmer kroum dubbed that movie i have it right now with a missing part..... I have it so, they can't tell me nothing about that movie that i watch it a hundred time..... 7 version remake off that movies and i have all of them....

KhmerBross

Commoner
The 1991 is the best one off all White Hair Bride good story-line and good khmer dubbed that a plus and a plus.... The one Apsara123 posted have good story-line but khmer dubbed suck..... For me 1991 version is the best one,
then came the 2000 version dubbed SPPIC,
then 1987 version with a bad dubbed khmer voice,
the came 1993, and 1995,
the rest of them suck....

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
I guess the first version I saw was the 1999/2000 version, and considered by everyone as the worst in the series? It was draggy from what I can remember.

Meimei

Commoner
Wanderer
I think it's a mistake...
TVBI version was with Ada Choi and Timmy Ho (who is now a real monk). It's was a year 1995. This superb adaptation for Liang Yusheng was my favorite for white hair story. It's also the second adaptation from this story i have watch. The one with Julian Cheung is from Taiwan. I didn't watch it but i have it somewhere in my dvd. I don't remember who told me about Julian Cheung version remake wasn't good so i didn't see it. They have 5 series with the same story and all remake. For movies, they have 4 adaptations. Other is a spin-off or take some element from the real story from the novel and make it. Like the version 1993 ATV, isn't a real adapdation from the novel but something spin-off.

i think this is a version 1978 ...you can see who is the lead hehe...do you remember her ;)

LianNiChang

Commoner
VIP
haha Lee Lai Lai is not the Yu Luo Cha I ever had in mind meimei. She is not pretty enough I think. The 1995 TVB version is quite good too but it doesn't follow the novel as closely towards the end. I can't believe they killed of Tie Feilong, it was a very stupid idea. He survives in the novel and in the ATV 1986 version. Funny Jason Bak Biao played as the lead actor (Zhuo Yi Hang) in the 1978 version and played as Yu Luo Cha's foster father (Tie Fei Long) in the 1995 version and he somehow manages to look the same after so many years.

The 1994 version by Singapore is based on the novel 塞外奇俠傳 (The Swordsman From Mountain Pass aka Legend of the White Hair Brides) is the novel that comes after The White Hair Maiden. It takes places about 10 years later after the events of The White Hair Maiden. Then 塞外奇俠傳 (Seven Swords of Mount Heaven) comes after that, which takes place almost immediately after. I have not read Seven Swords of Mount Heaven the novel yet but everyone says the 2008 adaption doesn't stick closely to the novel at all.

The movie version with Brigitte Lin, the 1999 version with Julian and Shui Ling, and the recent adaption with Nicky Wu and Ma Shu does not stick closely to the novel. I nearly want to tear my hair apart watching these adaptions. Poor Mr. Liang Yu Sheng is long dead and cannot do anything about them doing this to his novels. If anyone is interested the whole translation of White Hair Maiden is available at spcnet in English. It is one of my favourite novels.

KhmerBross

Commoner
Yes that the 1978 khmer dubbed that one with the same voice as Phoenix The Math
phoenix%20the%20myth.gif

Phoenix The Math and The White Hair Bride 1978 got the same dubbed voice, 1978 version is not even TVBI, or ATV... The logo for that version back then was just Hong-Kong Entertainment like Phoenix The Math Hong-Kong Enterainment
lol hehehe this people got the year off the move fukk-dup lol
1993?!...lol White Hair Bride never came out that year lol hehehe....2008?!.... 2008 it never came out that year.....There only 1978, 1987, 1991,1995,2000,2011 that came out as a TV series , then there 4 movies that was about 1 and 2 hrs long.....LOL