Need Help With Itunes

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
I need help with iTunes. I am trying upload movies into my iTunes account so that I can upload to my apple devices to watch while I travel. All my movie are saved in my external hard drive. So what I did, I imortant to iTunes. First I open the iTunes then I click file and I click add file to library. The way I am doing it works fine. Here the problem. Since I have all my movies on my external hard drive. The minute I unplugged my external hard drive out. All the movies that I had uploaded to iTunes tell me that it couldn't locate the movies any more on my apple devices. So how do I do to keep the movies to stay on iTunes without me leaving my external hard drive plug all the time to my computer. Can someone please help me. Thank you

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I would love to help bong, but it's not in my area of expertise. Hopefully Happy can come up with a good solution.
Usually, I just bring my portable hard drive with me when I go on a road trip.

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
I would love to help bong, but it's not in my area of expertise. Hopefully Happy can come up with a good solution.
Usually, I just bring my portable hard drive with me when I go on a road trip.
Thanks Hunnie. It is much easier not to have to carry too much during travel. I am trying to upload to my iPhone versus something big with extra bag

elmow

Commoner
you have to move your file to the same hard drive as itunes then open it with itunes if you want it to stay. or you can sync to you ipad and make sure you check the movies box for it to sync and it should be on your ipad on the video app.

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
you have to move your file to the same hard drive as itunes then open it with itunes if you want it to stay.
Ok can you be more detail. Like what do I do step 1, and 2, etc. because I did sync. And I can see the movies that upload on iTunes on my device. It is when I unplug my external hard drive from my computer that when I couldn't see any more the movies on my device. Somehow iTunes cannot find the location of the files

elmow

Commoner
you have to move the actual movie file to your computer from the external hard drive. drag and drop or copy and paste. then open the movie with itunes.

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
you have to move the actual movie file to your computer from the external hard drive. drag and drop or copy and paste. then open the movie with itunes.
That's I know. But I don't want storage too much of my movies on my computer. It will fill up my computer space. That's why I am using my external hard drive for that purpose

elmow

Commoner
its the only way itunes can still find your file when you disconnect your external hard drive.

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
All your files (mp4, mp3, jpeg, etc) must be storage in the same location as your iTune app. This is the major disadvantage for using all iDevice. Compare to Android, just drag and drop to phone micro sdcard. Another option would be to store all your file in a server like Box, DropBox, etc. But then u need data connection to stream those files.

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
All your files (mp4, mp3, jpeg, etc) must be storage in the same location as your iTune app. This is the major disadvantage for using all iDevice. Compare to Android, just drag and drop to phone micro sdcard. Another option would be to store all your file in a server like Box, DropBox, etc. But then u need data connection to stream those files.
Thanks, Goupon

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
did it worked?
I haven't try Goupon's way yet. I was playing around last night a different way to put movies onto iTunes and it look like it was working ok right now. The weird part is that it has no problem with music. Only with movies that iTunes has its own mine sometimes.

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
But if your iPhone is jailbroken, u don't need itune. U can just drag and drop to the phone using iFile

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
But if your iPhone is jailbroken, u don't need itune. U can just drag and drop to the phone using iFile
No my iPhone is not jailbroken. I got from Verizon. But somehow it seems to work fine with the iPhone 6. I just important file from my external hard drive to iTunes, and upload to iPhone. Then after I unplug the external hard drive. I am still be able to watch the movies on my iPhone. I am hoping it will stay that way. The whole reason I don't want to save all those movies on my laptop because it is filled up my hard drive very fast.

No my iPhone is not jailbroken. I got from Verizon. But somehow it seems to work fine with the iPhone 6. I just important file from my external hard drive to iTunes, and upload to iPhone. Then after I unplug the external hard drive. I am still be able to watch the movies on my iPhone. I am hoping it will stay that way. The whole reason I don't want to save all those movies on my laptop because it is filled up my hard drive very fast.
how u like the iphone 6 so far?
I'm mostly likely will get the iphone 5 for now, can't afford the 6 just yet.
I'm not trying to sign a two year contract or pay for mobile internet.
I can get the iphone 5 for about 300 bucks and than use prepaid.
I only need a few minutes a day for calling.

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
how u like the iphone 6 so far?
I'm mostly likely will get the iphone 5 for now, can't afford the 6 just yet.
I'm not trying to sign a two year contract or pay for mobile internet.
I can get the iphone 5 for about 300 bucks and than use prepaid.
I only need a few minutes a day for calling.
It is ok, it is just another iPhone. It is bigger than the iPhone 5, and way thinner, and very sleppery when you hold. I got mine free I wouldn't go and spend $300 on it.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP

Glad to hear that your problem is solve with the new phone. :)