Japan 2015 3rd Day

pocketkiriyama

Commoner
We got up at 6:30am this time because we had to pack up and say goodbye to Tokyo. We reserved seats on the shinkansen the day before to travel to our next destination. While waiting for the shinkansen we stopped by a convenience store and bought some of their box lunches. It goes for about $8-$10 but it's really good. It's a 3 hour ride on the shinkansen to Kyoto and then another 1.5 hour ride on the local train to Nara. So we bought enough food for the long ride.
Osaka%2001.jpg

Osaka%2002.jpg

Osaka%2003_1.jpg

This time instead of an apartment we rented a room at a guest house. We spent our time out from morning until 11pm anyway so even though the room is small it's good enough to sleep in and it's really cheap at about $60 per night so split 3 way each person only need fork in $20 a night. It's always cheaper to travel in a group because of lodging.
Osaka%2004.jpg

Osaka%2005.jpg

It was late in the afternoon, but we still decided to take an hour train ride to Osaka for the night life. For us night life is all about eating!
Osaka%2006.jpg

Osaka Namba train station is HUGE! There's also a shopping mall in here too!
Osaka%2007.jpg

We decided to head out to Ebisu-bashi which is the most popular shopping district in Osaka. I'm sure you guys will see some pretty obvious landmark unique to Osaka that you've probably seen in movies or anime.
Osaka%2008.jpg

We decided to eat at this ramen shop. The ordering is done via a vending machine. You pick what ramen you want, put in money and it will dispense a ticket with the order number. Then you present the ticket to the waiter/waitress and they will get your order. This works for foreigners like us that doesn't speak Japanese but then again we've been ordering food just by pointing and using body language. The Japanese are very good at figuring that out.
Osaka%2009.jpg

I ordered the extra spicy ramen. When it came out it looked scary but it wasn't too spicy and the taste was great!
Osaka%2010.jpg

Checking this guy flipping takoyaki was awesome. He was so fast. The photo doesn't do it justice.
Osaka%2011.jpg

We decided to have some dessert before heading back towards the train station. I'm not a sweet tooth but this was really good. I ordered the cream pudding set which included the pudding, mousse cake, red bean ice cream and melon soda. The price came out to about $9.
Osaka%2013.jpg

Right before we head back I ran around taking some photos of Osaka's popular landmarks.
Osaka%2012.jpg

Osaka%2014.jpg

Dotonbori use to be Osaka's most popular shopping district back in the days before Ebisu-bashi. Now it's just a landmark still I see some old costumers going there probably because most of the bars are there.
Osaka%2015.jpg

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
thanks so much for sharing with us<3+<3

ami

Commoner
pk dear...u missed a lot of beautiful Japanese women while u were there n u were not took advantage of their services...u could had chat, hung out n got massage.... y chicken when u pay for it n what happen to ur quote "do whatever u do, always enjoy :D ? I think u also missed paris tower

pocketkiriyama

Commoner
pk dear...u missed a lot of beautiful Japanese women while u were there n u were not took advantage of their services...u could had chat, hung out n got massage.... y chicken when u pay for it n what happen to ur quote "do whatever u do, always enjoy :D ? I think u also missed paris tower

You meant Tokyo Tower? I still enjoyed it. I'm daring in almost everything I do. I did a lot of extreme activities but when it comes to interacting with the opposite sex, I'm very timid. It's okay that a miss a few things because I'm going again next year. Maybe this time I'll get on Tokyo Tower and Mt. Fuji. Maybe I'll rent myself a private onsen too.

ami

Commoner
You meant Tokyo Tower? I still enjoyed it. I'm daring in almost everything I do. I did a lot of extreme activities but when it comes to interacting with the opposite sex, I'm very timid. It's okay that a miss a few things because I'm going again next year. Maybe this time I'll get on Tokyo Tower and Mt. Fuji. Maybe I'll rent myself a private onsen too.
pk dear...yeah that is all I got so far from watching youtube :D mt. Fuji kinda scary..so u must b careful while u r there for ur fun. now I also learned Japanese temple tradition is a little different. ppl should observe them while they r in at temple or at least read Japanese travel guide b4 going there. just from watched movie...Japanese women r very opening and calm and relaxing to men...I guess due to protected strict law there

pocketkiriyama

Commoner
pk dear...yeah that is all I got so far from watching youtube :D mt. Fuji kinda scary..so u must b careful while u r there for ur fun. now I also learned Japanese temple tradition is a little different. ppl should observe them while they r in at temple or at least read Japanese travel guide b4 going there. just from watched movie...Japanese women r very opening and calm and relaxing to men...I guess due to protected strict law there

Oh you have no idea but it's different foreigners.

ami

Commoner
yeah I have no ideas :D
Visiting temples and shrines
This page briefly describes the most important steps and manners with respect to visiting Buddhist temples and Shinto shrines in Japan.

How to visit a temple
Behave calmly and respectfully. Show your respect by making a short prayer in front of the sacred object. Do so by throwing a coin into the offering box, followed by a short prayer.

At some temples, visitors burn incense (osenko) in large incense burners. Purchase a bundle, light them, let them burn for a few seconds and then extinguish the flame by waving your hand rather than by blowing it out. Finally, put the incense into the incense burner and fan some smoke towards yourself as the smoke is believed to have healing power. For example, fan some smoke towards your shoulder if you have an injured shoulder.

When entering temple buildings, you may be required to take off your shoes. Leave your shoes on the shelves at the entrance or take them with you in plastic bags provided at some temples. Wear nice socks.

Photography is usually permitted on the temple grounds. It is forbidden indoors at some temples. Watch for signs.

2057_02.jpg
Incense burner at a temple
2057_01.jpg
Purification fountain at a shrine

How to visit a shrine
Behave calmly and respectfully. Traditionally, you are not supposed to visit a shrine if you are sick, have an open wound or are mourning because these are considered causes of impurity.

At the purification fountain near the shrine's entrance, take one of the ladles provided, fill it with fresh water and rinse both hands. Then transfer some water into your cupped hand, rinse your mouth and spit the water beside the fountain. You are not supposed to transfer the water directly from the ladle into your mouth or swallow the water. You will notice that quite a few visitors skip the mouth rinsing part or the purification ritual altogether.

At the offering hall, throw a coin into the offering box, bow deeply twice, clap your hands twice, bow deeply once more and pray for a few seconds. If there is some type of gong, use it before praying in order to get the kami's attention.

Photography is usually permitted at shrines. Watch for signs.
creadit to japan-guide.com

pocketkiriyama

Commoner
yeah I have no ideas :D
Visiting temples and shrines
This page briefly describes the most important steps and manners with respect to visiting Buddhist temples and Shinto shrines in Japan.

How to visit a temple
Behave calmly and respectfully. Show your respect by making a short prayer in front of the sacred object. Do so by throwing a coin into the offering box, followed by a short prayer.

At some temples, visitors burn incense (osenko) in large incense burners. Purchase a bundle, light them, let them burn for a few seconds and then extinguish the flame by waving your hand rather than by blowing it out. Finally, put the incense into the incense burner and fan some smoke towards yourself as the smoke is believed to have healing power. For example, fan some smoke towards your shoulder if you have an injured shoulder.

When entering temple buildings, you may be required to take off your shoes. Leave your shoes on the shelves at the entrance or take them with you in plastic bags provided at some temples. Wear nice socks.

Photography is usually permitted on the temple grounds. It is forbidden indoors at some temples. Watch for signs.

2057_02.jpg
Incense burner at a temple
2057_01.jpg
Purification fountain at a shrine

How to visit a shrine
Behave calmly and respectfully. Traditionally, you are not supposed to visit a shrine if you are sick, have an open wound or are mourning because these are considered causes of impurity.

At the purification fountain near the shrine's entrance, take one of the ladles provided, fill it with fresh water and rinse both hands. Then transfer some water into your cupped hand, rinse your mouth and spit the water beside the fountain. You are not supposed to transfer the water directly from the ladle into your mouth or swallow the water. You will notice that quite a few visitors skip the mouth rinsing part or the purification ritual altogether.

At the offering hall, throw a coin into the offering box, bow deeply twice, clap your hands twice, bow deeply once more and pray for a few seconds. If there is some type of gong, use it before praying in order to get the kami's attention.

Photography is usually permitted at shrines. Watch for signs.
creadit to japan-guide.com

I'm talking about the women.

pocketkiriyama

Commoner
Well Japanese women still have some reserve towards foreigners even if they appeared outgoing. The same can be said about S,Korea and China.

ami

Commoner
I am sure men as well :D pk dear did u purchase anything from Japan back to state like cute pet clothes, house supplies. I guess u missed a fry bun snack(green tea ) etc 2 eh? :D

pocketkiriyama

Commoner
I am sure men as well :D pk dear did u purchase anything from Japan back to state like cute pet clothes, house supplies. I guess u missed a fry bun snack(green tea ) etc 2 eh? :D

Yeah the men too but they're easy to get along we just go out drinking for a night and we'd be buddies. I brought back 3 Gundam kits. That took me 4 hours each to build.

Reactions: ami

pocketkiriyama

Commoner

Oh yeah we also brought back about 8 bottles of Japanese wine.

Reactions: ami

Debora Cherry

Beggar (Limited)
Tharlax RX :- Take the prescribed dose in any event for 8-9 weeks to see yourself performing for a more drawn out time on the bed. On the off chance that dubious, you can counsel a doctor. In any case, do utilize the supplement for 90 days. A major NO! In the event that you need to keep yourself from confronting delayed consequences at that point take the recommended dose and yes, as indicated by the bearings as it were. In the event that you need to expand the dose then for that, you need to converse with a doctor as broadening the measurement can put your prosperity into the risk. Absolutely, not!
Read more==>> http://newmusclesupplements.com/tharlax-rx/