Day 1 Of The Boston Marathon Bombing Trial

Marvelous

Commoner
The trial of alleged Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev began Wednesday, nearly two years after two bombs exploded near the finish line, killing three people and injuring almost 300 others in the most high-profile case of terrorism on U.S. soil since the 9/11 attacks. Yahoo News' Holly Bailey is in the courtroom in Boston covering the proceedings. Follow along below for live updates.

The latest developments from Day 1 of the Tsarnaev trial:
  • Prosecutors: Tsarnaev "believed that he was a soldier in a holy war against America."
  • Twenty minutes after the marathon bombings, Tsarnaev went to Whole Foods and bought a gallon of milk, prosecutors say.
  • He faces 30 charges, 17 of which carry the death penalty.
  • Tsarnaev's lawyers acknowledge their client participated in the terror attack.
  • “There’s little that we dispute," #Tsarnaev’s defense attorney says. "It was him."
  • Tsarnaev "followed" older “self-radicalized” older brother, Tamerlan, defense argues.
By Dylan Stableford

ami

Commoner
Why he did it? I just don't get it.
he claims that his bro. was influenced him and sick :D omg i heard on news that he da dude was a college student, had housing(some what free renting), mass health(free health insurance), and then just wasted his life[not contributing anything to world] :(

Last edited:

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
Sometimes you gotta wonder what's in the mind behind these terrorists. I remember reading last week about a bunch of straight As' high school girls going on a flight to joins ISIS. It's just a crazy world we are living in.