Can Someone Please Translate This Tattoo?

oh holy being, magnificent creature of the jungle
great buddha blessed those who bless others, timeless virtue
oh holy being, don't dwell but seek enlightenment
under the fig tree, the light shines above you from the sky

Last edited:

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
Didn't know you can read script Happy.

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
Anyone have any idea?
nope:(.... May I ask where did you get it?
You might want to ask Monk.... they probably will be bale to translate for you...

Grant

Beggar
nope:(.... May I ask where did you get it?
You might want to ask Monk.... they probably will be bale to translate for you...

I got in Thailand. The tattoo artist told me the general message but it would be nice to know the exact translation if possible. Thanks for your help.

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
I got in Thailand. The tattoo artist told me the general message but it would be nice to know the exact translation if possible. Thanks for your help.
may i ask what it mean? hope you can share with us!!!! To me it look like , it is not a normal tattoo.

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
the font is too fancy for me to be able to read. doesn't seem to have much vowels either.

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
The general message is good luck, protection and to stay humble. :)
thanks so much for sharing the meaning of it with us, Grant dear:)
Based on what i understand some of the asian tattoo, barry some kind of barrier /magic.
Some asian people after they get a tattoo, they go to magic teller /monk to put some kind of spell/magic into it.
to me that tattoo it seems not like a normal tattoo though... I might be wrong though

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
for example :this kind of tattoo is not a nomal tattoo though.. it contains more meaning and beyond our expectation
phout-scroll-3_large.jpg

Last edited:

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
U gotta know how to read sanskrit in order to "ba-lai." Those who study magic or monk's script can all read it. I knew some alphabet in "ba-lai" but it's very hard. Currently, I'm studying or learning how to chant lol so my dad teach me how to read. Some of the words i already knew how to pronoun without my dad's help.

here's the video I found in youtube. I'm still learning the first chant u saw. I only learn up t0 00:55. After 00:55 is just a translation from the first chanting. Translation i know how to read since it's not a sanskrit. One of these day i will know and hold the mic lol

Goupon, they taught me this when I spent two years as "lok nain" at the buddhist temple. The "ba-lai" you are talking about is the ancient language of the Buddha, known to Westerners as the Pali Language, or Sanskrit. I actually learn a little bit during my two years stint there.

Net Mo Ta Sas Pek Ka Wek Tao'
Ah Ra Ha Tao' Sam Ma Sam Pout Ta Sat

Yeat Ta Wher Re Bo Ra
Pat Re Bo Rain Tes Sas Ka Rang
Eh Wai May Wat Eh Tao' Ka Nang....

lolz Man I hated that shit, they made me memorized it and chant it in front of the visitors.