Amazon Fire Tv For Video Streaming And Video Games

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
Amazon just announced it's new set-top box this morning that is set to compete with Apple TV and ability to play games.

amazon-settop-inline-660x451.jpg

Price: $99

Specs:
Quad-core processor
2 GB Ram
8 GB internal Storage
Dedicated graphics card

Wi-Fi
Bluetooth Remote
Xbox-style controller ($39.99)

Content Providers:
Hulu Plus
ESPN
Showtime
MLB
Disney
Youtube
Netflix
Amazon Instant Video

controller.jpg

Games Providers:
Ubisoft
Double Fine
TellTale
EA
Disney
Sega
Gameloft

Source: CNET

What do you think?

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
thanks for the info (y):)

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
Now let have someone hack this thing so XBMC can be installed :)

Man, Apple fans is a damn hater when I read some comments. I can't see myself being close minded and only royal to one object. There's like a Khmer saying, "a frog who always live in a well and thought his world is so huge until he came out then realize how huge the world can be."

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP

Man, Apple fans is a damn hater when I read some comments. I can't see myself being close minded and only royal to one object. There's like a Khmer saying, "a frog who always live in a well and thought his world is so huge until he came out then realize how huge the world can be."

I notice that trait in Apple fans too -- they can be very anal sometimes. :D

Same with cave dwellers, once they leave the cave, their eyes can't handle the bright lights.

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
A guy at my work told me about this thing call xiaomi. He said that it steams movies without any subscription. It runs home wifi. So you can watch any movies on your tv free. It sells at amazon for $97. It is not a bad price

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
A guy at my work told me about this thing call xiaomi. He said that it steams movies without any subscription. It runs home wifi. So you can watch any movies on your tv free. It sells at amazon for $97. It is not a bad price

Do you know if it can stream from phone or mirror?

Rock

Level 1
Swordsman
Wanderer
Amazon Fire TV does not support DLNA, which means you can't stream over wi-fi, but you can stream from a kindle fire and later on apple and android products. As for the games, it looks like you will be able to play games like the ones you would find on the amazon store, minecraft pocket edition, candy crush etc.