Aftermarket Car Stereo

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
Just got myself an Android 4.1 (JellyBean) double 2 Din w/gps from ebay. Now, i worry how the hack i gonna install in my 2002 Accord hehehe. I know nothing about fixing car lol.. current watching youtube on how to install and add amp & sub
fz0j84.jpg

I saw in Kali's shop where they add ipad to the dashboard, very kewl. I hope they did it here, in my State.
http://www.soundmanca.com/

Any1 wanna guide with the car stereo :)

It's pretty easy bro, easier than rooting an iphone lol.

You will need to learn how to take apart your old stereo without breaking anything. I suggest you get yourself a trim tool kit. It's a pry tool for un-clipping the plastic panels. I got one from Walmart for 15 bucks but you can buy it cheaper on ebay. Next, find all the screws that you'll need to unfasten, some are hidden, so be gentle and patient when you are unscrewing everything. Don't get frustrated and start yanking stuff out.

When all the are panels out, taking out the stereo sometimes require a special tool, I don't know what its called but its two thin pieces of metal rods that you insert on the outer edges of the stereo (for aftermarket stereo), this releases the latch and allows you to pull the unit out. This is not always the case. The tools usually comes with the stereo.

The fun part is the wiring. There's like 10 wires you have to worry about; power, antenna, speakers wires, RCA wires, a few others. The black wire is always negative, red for positive. If you are switching from OEM to aftermarket, most likely you will need a wiring kit for the new unit, unless you're prepare to cut and splice it yourself. It's a last resort and I don't recommend it.

Car stereo installation is easy but time consuming. Adding an amp and sub requires more work, I suggest you do it separately. I forget to mention, before you do anything, you might want to disconnect the battery cable from the terminals to prevent fuses being blown, depending on how the power wire is routed, you could be dealing with a live power wire and that's not a good thing.

Last edited:

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
I'll remember this "disconnect the battery cable." Removing the dash is an easy part. It's the wiring. So, i was watching youtube and they said just match the color. I'm also getting a relay (on/off switch) for bypassing the dvd. I think it's illegal to drive while movie played. So with the switch on/off, i can switch whenever the cop on the side of the my car :)

My friend already connect sub, amp, and aftermarket radio but damn seem like only the back speaker is working. front speaker is very low. He had two rca to the back of the radio connect to sub and 2 rca to the back of the radio rear left/right. but he's missing another 2 rca for front speaker. i think my amp only had 4 rca, sub and speaker. Unless had to do a cross-over??? i don't even know what is a cross-over is hehehe. or maybe mine is a mono???

i need to re-wire or arrange once the new radio delivered. i'm studying youtube right now so i can do the right thing.
Plus, i'm not sure if this new radio had rca to connect to amp???

Oh, i need a Lightning to 30-Pin Adapter iPad/iPhone. Saw on ebay for used $15

Ok, so you got it installed and now you are experiencing a typical problem that people have. Thing is, a stereo doesn't sound good unless you upgrade all components lol, you can't just install a sub woofer and amp cause the sub will overpower the rest of the stock gear (y). I grew up around audiophiles (y).

Once you install a sub and amp, if you don't address the front speakers and mid-range, even tweeters, you're going to experience great amount of bass but missing the rest of the sound cause your other speakers doesn't have enough power output. You should think about upgrading your front speaker and if you can, re-route them to your amp, if there's enough channels. Using a cross-over will definitely improve your sounds because it filters out the audio signal coming from the stereo to the proper speakers. You will get a cleaner sound. Subs will have more bass, front speakers will have more clear vocals, etc. I'd get good quality front speakers and tweeters to go along with the subs. I'd probadly get a separate amp for the fronts speakers but that only if you have a crappy amp.

You are in good hands, your friends seems to know what he's doing (y).

Last edited:
My friend already connect sub, amp, and aftermarket radio but damn seem like only the back speaker is working. front speaker is very low. He had two rca to the back of the radio connect to sub and 2 rca to the back of the radio rear left/right. but he's missing another 2 rca for front speaker. i think my amp only had 4 rca, sub and speaker. Unless had to do a cross-over??? i don't even know what is a cross-over is hehehe. or maybe mine is a mono???

I don't think you use RCA for the front speakers, not that i know of, it was always just two wires. Also, no RCA for rear either, its just regular copper wires. From what I recall, (I could be wrong) the RCA connects to the amp and the amp connects to the speakers.

Btw, my Mercedes Benz comes stock with a Bose sound system with DVD, GPS, and Bluetooth, the sound is very nice ;) The screen is double-din like yours and it flips in and out of the dash console. Once I shut off the engine, it flip in and you cannot tell the car has a radio lolz.

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
can't wait to get my hand on the radio and backup camera lol.. I need to save up for amp, speaker, and sub. What is a good amp?

can't wait to get my hand on the radio and backup camera lol.. I need to save up for amp, speaker, and sub. What is a good amp?
Man I haven't done the audio thing in years. You definitely want to go Name Brand with these types of things and spend a little more. It's like building a computer, you have to get to know all the components and how they work together. Do your research bro. Rockford Fosgate makes good amp. I think anything they sell at Cartoys is great and you can get them cheaper on Ebay.

You can go cheap and get a great sound but it takes experience and a lot of trial and error. If you're on a budget, I suggest not caring so much about getting it to sound great. It's just a sound system, after all.

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
yep, it's just a sound system. :) I'll see with my new radio. i got my buddy to back me up if i do it wrong. hehehe

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
Can't wait to get my hand on this and a rear camera. Just found out that this radio can be rooted (hack) :) Hopefully, it be here next week

fz0j84.jpg

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
Finally, all done including backup camera. Next project is to replace front and rear bumper. Then take to a auto body shop for a complete repaint since now the color is faded and crack. Is Macco is good place to go? I heard mostly con when it come to repaint.

Finally, all done including backup camera. Next project is to replace front and rear bumper. Then take to a auto body shop for a complete repaint since now the color is faded and crack. Is Macco is good place to go? I heard mostly con when it come to repaint.
Avoid Macco....paints only last 6 months before you need another paint job, it will literally peel off.

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
wow u boys r so fancy with ur ride...i need to pimp in them car one day lolz jk

cuz that's our babe :)
Install Sygic gps and edit the system file so Sygic will say "you're going over speed limited", Red right camera, etc. instead of a beep sound :)

kalyann

Commoner
cuz that's our babe :)
Install Sygic gps and edit the system file so Sygic will say "you're going over speed limited", Red right camera, etc. instead of a beep sound :)
is that Sygic hard to install? i need one of them thingy, always speeding nd getting pull over

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
is that Sygic hard to install? i need one of them thingy, always speeding nd getting pull over

only if your device is rooted. Then u can do anything u want. :) The original Sygic does not speak on warning, just beep.